By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Worst Moves in History

Can't say anything beyond the CELL in the Playstation program really ranks up with the blunders has made as a company overall.

Around the Network

I think that the memory RAM split in half 2X 256MB it was a bad decision. Also the PS3 launch price for sure!

Probably the PSP Go

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

brendude13 said:

Getting rid of all their IPs from the PS1 days. Playstation needs its own "Mario" more than ever now, but anything that came close to that status like Crash or Spyro was sold off.

Playstation's mascot is not crash or spyro. its Gran Turismo!

OT: Sony made a huge loss by investing on creating the Cell chip and was the 1st console with bluray technology. So the 600$ price while reasonable, it was a disaster for consumers and sony aswell

actually Radish hit the nail
it was so forgettable that nobody here remembered....PSP Go

also could somebody make a clone thread but about Nintendo?

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

Getting rid of all their IPs from the PS1 days. Playstation needs its own "Mario" more than ever now, but anything that came close to that status like Crash or Spyro was sold off.

It was never sold off. Sony never owned those IP´s -.-

one of sonys biggest mistakes this generation was trying to address new target audiences.
- they tried with move, didn't really work (i guess it's no fail financial wise, but it failed to compete the wii)
- they tried with several casual titles. imho they just had to do some casual jumpn runs. all these ps2 titles were kind of discontinued.

and what they now missing to do is: make the goddamn vita the same as WiiU's tablet! Enable multiplatform games between WiiU and PS3 and those cool features the WiiU has like 'map/inventory on tablet' would be possible and easy to make! fuck, that would really be a counterpart.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

AndrewWK said:
Move, Wonderbook, Vita and tons of shitty exclusives like PSABR and LBP Karting and most of them happened this year

um... PSASBR & LBPKarting and fantastic games.. there so fun and deserve better sales. 

Wounderbook is doing well isnt it? 

Gehirnkrampf said:
one of sonys biggest mistakes this generation was trying to address new target audiences.
- they tried with move, didn't really work (i guess it's no fail financial wise, but it failed to compete the wii)
- they tried with several casual titles. imho they just had to do some casual jumpn runs. all these ps2 titles were kind of discontinued.

and what they now missing to do is: make the goddamn vita the same as WiiU's tablet! Enable multiplatform games between WiiU and PS3 and those cool features the WiiU has like 'map/inventory on tablet' would be possible and easy to make! fuck, that would really be a counterpart.

i bet thats what they plan to do with PS4- Vita 

PlaystaionGamer said:

um... PSASBR & LBPKarting and fantastic games.. there so fun and deserve better sales. 

Wounderbook is doing well isnt it? 

They are not and the sales are reflecting it. That are 2 unnecessary games which where developed half hearted and in the case of LBP KArting no promoted at all. And sales reflect that.