By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gen-over-gen marketshare report

@zuvuyeah

If you are talking about the emerging markets Brazil, Russia, India, and China. I think it tilts things further in favor or Microsoft. Sony has a better presence in India. They own television networks, and entered into partnerships to make games specifically for that market. While Chinese consumers are probably reluctant to buy goods from a company out of Japan. Due to the Japanese government never acknowledging past atrocities, and given current tensions over disputed territory. So I think it is safe to say those two cancel each other out.

Leaving only Russia and Brazil. Microsoft probably has a cross cultural advantage when it comes to Brazil. There is a lot more social, economic, and political connections between Brazil and the United States. Then there are with Japan. Basically a close neighbor has more influence then a distant one. As for Russia I don't get it, but I seem to be running across more and more Russians on Xbox Live. It is purely anecdotal observation on my part, but there may be a psychology at play.

Around the Network

I have no doubts that Xbox will keep growing and Playstation will keep declining everywhere.

Vita is just a signal that Playstation Brand is no longer sinonymous with gaming.

720 will outsell it everywhere except Japan and some little countries Like Portugal.