By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Is Sorry For Wii U Load Times, Is Working On A Fix. Edit: maybe false

happydolphin said:
selnor said:
The Wii U feels more rushed than the 360 did back when.

It really was slow when I tried it.

Also did anyone else feel the screen on the pad wasnt particularly great? Ipad for example imo has a way better screen.

Did you buy it expecting iPad precision?

It's a gaming console, for 350$.

The colour looked off to me on the pad screen. 

IMO whats the point of having or doing something if its not quite their? Its supposed to be a new Console for the next 5-7 years not for the next 6 months. IMO its not like the Wii were motion controls carried the console. The screen and Pad have to stand up for the next 5 years at least. And I wasnt particularly impressed with the screen. Also some games dont work playing on just the tablet. Games like Zombie U are designed to be used with both screens. It seems you cant do everything with all games on this hardware like you could with the original Wii. 

Around the Network
selnor said:

IMO whats the point of having or doing something if its not quite their? Its supposed to be a new Console for the next 5-7 years not for the next 6 months. IMO its not like the Wii were motion controls carried the console. The screen and Pad have to stand up for the next 5 years at least. And I wasnt particularly impressed with the screen. Also some games dont work playing on just the tablet. Games like Zombie U are designed to be used with both screens. It seems you cant do everything with all games on this hardware like you could with the original Wii. 

At its price, as a game console controller, it does everything that it needs to do in terms of tactile functionality, and well. (imho)

It is not a direct competitor to the ipad, understand.

Just the fact that Nintendo consistently expresses it's apologies for inconveniences, and the fact that they constantly show appreciation to their fans, really makes me happy. It also makes me more patient for the fix.

happydolphin said:
selnor said:

At its price, as a game console controller, it does everything that it needs to do in terms of tactile functionality, and well. (imho)

It is not a direct competitor to the ipad, understand.

I agree. Its not supposed to be competing with the Ipad at all. But my eyes are used to seeing great tablet screens. Nexus. Kindlt Fire HD etc. I was underwhelmed is what Im saying. And you cant play all games on the screen alone. Which seems to detract from what the console can do. A developer has to make the decision to either have dual screen gameplay worked into the core gameplay or just have a normal game that plays on 1 screen. 

It all seems unfocused to me. 

selnor said:

I agree. Its not supposed to be competing with the Ipad at all. But my eyes are used to seeing great tablet screens. Nexus. Kindlt Fire HD etc. I was underwhelmed is what Im saying. And you cant play all games on the screen alone. Which seems to detract from what the console can do. A developer has to make the decision to either have dual screen gameplay worked into the core gameplay or just have a normal game that plays on 1 screen. 

I understand :), I just wanted to point out that it was a controller. I know you understand what I mean.

Nobody else in the industry is really doing this except Sony, and microsoft will come out with the smartglass. When they all come out, we'll better be able to compare which one is doing it best ;)

Around the Network

Wished that was the only problem with the Wii U..

happydolphin said:
selnor said:

I understand :), I just wanted to point out that it was a controller. I know you understand what I mean.

Nobody else in the industry is really doing this except Sony, and microsoft will come out with the smartglass. When they all come out, we'll better be able to compare which one is doing it best ;)

Smartglass is already out. Just not incorporated into any games. You can already be watching a film on your tablet on te bus and transfer that film straigt to TV when your home via Smartglass. But I doubt any 360 games will use it. That will be probably incorporated into 720 games imo.

It kinda shocked me that Nintendo of all people seemed to release a console without a standard direction for all devs.

selnor said:

Smartglass is already out. Just not incorporated into any games. You can already be watching a film on your tablet on te bus and transfer that film straigt to TV when your home via Smartglass. But I doubt any 360 games will use it. That will be probably incorporated into 720 games imo.

It kinda shocked me that Nintendo of all people seemed to release a console without a standard direction for all devs.

It's a philosophy clash. Nintendo likes to give devs a choice, not sure how it is for MS.

osed125 said:
menx64 said:
just on time!, I am getting mine in about a week or so!!

You lucky one >.>

teehee! I am still saving some money though, and probably I won't have any money left to buy games but until january DX

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

TheLastStarFighter said:
Everyone bashing the load times probaby doesn't have one. The load times are fine. The only long load time I've experienced was the initial connecting to the interenet. Since it updated (especially the second update), load times are decent. Usually about 5 seconds, but less than 10. If they speed it up, great. I have a much longer load time loading the facebook ap on my new Windows8 phone.

My Wii U is fully updated.  It takes 12 seconds to open Notifications, and 24 seconds from closing Notifications until the main menu reappears.  I find this to be very poor performance considering my 3DS with much less CPU and RAM can perform these tasks in 5 seconds (and this already feels much slower than a 2008 iPod touch).