By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Is Sorry For Wii U Load Times, Is Working On A Fix. Edit: maybe false

As a guess, if Nintendo is admitting that there is a problem the issue has probably already been improved/resolved and is pending release; but it may be weeks/months before they push it out because it may be part of a future release that isn't don't yet.

Around the Network

nintendo seem to always release something then get it updated, yet they used to argue about "the game should be done before release" and "we don't need constant updates when we release finished products" yeah they're being hypocritical.

Why do websites reporting news give their opinion? It's not like their opinion is an analysis of any kind.

"It's not a deal breaker in our opinion" (No, it isn't a deal breaker in my opinion either, but why would we need the opinion of someone to tell us if it's a deal breaker or not....do average people not know how long 40 seconds is? Do they not know what a chat client is?.....Can they not count to 10? Do they know how to bloody talk!!!!!!?.......yes they do believe it or not)

Sorry, who are you exactly and why is it that your opinion carries any weight at all?

Is anyone with me on this? It's just silly, does the BBC say things like this?...The accepted norms of gaming journalism are horrific.

sethnintendo said:

Load times aren't that bad with the longest being about 18 seconds. They seem to be getting better from my experience. If they can cut it down to 5-7 sec max then I don't see any complaint.

18 seconds?! By the 10 second stage I begin to think something has crashed...

fillet said:

Why do websites reporting news give their opinion? It's not like their opinion is an analysis of any kind.

"It's not a deal breaker in our opinion" (No, it isn't a deal breaker in my opinion either, but why would we need the opinion of someone to tell us if it's a deal breaker or not....do average people not know how long 40 seconds is? Do they not know what a chat client is?.....Can they not count to 10? Do they know how to bloody talk!!!!!!?.......yes they do believe it or not)

Sorry, who are you exactly and why is it that your opinion carries any weight at all?

Is anyone with me on this? It's just silly, does the BBC say things like this?...The accepted norms of gaming journalism are horrific.

You are overreacting.  Opinions and biases are going to always be present in something that can be debated.  They just gave out a clear opinion probably as an appeal to the audience they write for.  They probably feel like being less formal with the audience they speak with, and also probably are targeting the Nintendo fanbase, and used that comment to make it seem less like they are attacking Nintendo and more like they are simply reporting.

Around the Network
gronk-bonk said:
updates are the real problem. took 2 hours to do a 42mb update yesterday and my intanetz aint that slowz. :(

thats not good enough really,it would drive people crazy,it's alright if it's for a 4gb+ game but not for 42mb if the net is working properly

good to see the lady busting ballls,no escaping for company execs with youtube around

Above & Beyond

meh... its all growing pains with an entirely new system and architecture. Wii was crap and they trashed it all. WiiU has an entirely new OS and base infrastructure that is designed to be far more future and expansion friendly. It will get better over time as updates are released. Personally, while it can obviously be improved, its not any different than other consoles at the moment. Its just not what we expect with newer technologies.

It is still disappointing and should not have been an issue. Customers in 2012, especially customers using more or less a touch device, expect instantaneous or near instantaneous switch from content to content or menu to menu.

If my phone or my tablet (or Xbox or PS3) did anything even remotely close to the sluggishness of the Wii U menus, I would return it for something else.

Mazty said:
sethnintendo said:

Load times aren't that bad with the longest being about 18 seconds. They seem to be getting better from my experience. If they can cut it down to 5-7 sec max then I don't see any complaint.

18 seconds?! By the 10 second stage I begin to think something has crashed...

I've had two freezes while using Hulu+ on the Wii U.  I had to pull the cord.  I've only experienced one other freeze besides the Hulu freezes and that was while trying to load Miiverse on day 1.  There should be a way to reset the system without pulling the cord.  However, I had about 20+ freezes playing BO1 on Wii which required the power to be turned off/cord pulled (they never did fix the host freeze problem even though they said they did in a patch).

Nintendo is finally facing the 7th gen problems.