By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THQ announed it has filed for bankrupcy

Man they handled this very badly... stock down nearly 70%. This morning it was up 10%

Around the Network
Soleron said:

THQ emphasized that this bankruptcy will not affect any of the games they currently have in production, a library that includes Metro: Last LightSouth Park: The Stick of Truth, andHomefront II.

"All of the company's studios remain open, and all development teams continue," the press release reads. "The company remains confident in its existing pipeline of games."

Put this in OP El_Machete

happydolphin said:
Soleron said:

THQ emphasized that this bankruptcy will not affect any of the games they currently have in production, a library that includes Metro: Last LightSouth Park: The Stick of Truth, andHomefront II.

"All of the company's studios remain open, and all development teams continue," the press release reads. "The company remains confident in its existing pipeline of games."

Put this in OP El_Machete

done. Thanks :)

Bad day in gaming. Even if they are safe now, external investores focus on the money alone. Only the biggest ips will survive. Only hope is they wont just be discontinued but sold.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

This really brings into consideration what will happen next gen if Sony and Microsoft come up with really strong consoles. The jump in development cost would seriously not help. If one is a mid level publisher/developer they might want to stick with ps3/360/wii u for even longer.

Around the Network

Sad news. Not surprisig at all give ntheir situation, but it's still sad.

And we'll see what happens now. Even if they said that the games athat are currently in development won't be affected (we'll see), what will happen after that? Going for mobile like others have done? Forget about AAA games and concentrate on just good, fun and (more important) profitable games?

Time will tell.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This is really sad. It makes me wonder if Sony and Microsoft will push out powerful machines and if publishers will follow suit as they are already having a hard time to even break even with this generation.

Vinniegambini said:
This is really sad. It makes me wonder if Sony and Microsoft will push out powerful machines and if publishers will follow suit as they are already having a hard time to even break even with this generation.

Wasn't uDraw for PS3/360 a lot of the cause of their current financial troubles?  Quite the opposite of high-spec game development.

Although I'm sure that didn't help either.

Anyways i think if sony or Microsoft could have bought them, this would have been one hell of a big deal.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Kresnik said:
Vinniegambini said:

Wasn't uDraw for PS3/360 a lot of the cause of their current financial troubles?  Quite the opposite of high-spec game development.

Although I'm sure that didn't help either.

Yes uDraw was a major disappointment. However, games like Darksiders 2 have to sell 2 million to break even and at the moment, they haven't done so. Alot of game developpers have gone bankrupt because of the transition from 6th to 7th gen. I just don't want the same to happen for the next gen.