By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Handheld market still alive, 3DS sales are amazing.

People who are looking for a portable game system will look at the 3DS and Vita. When you choose one to buy, that's a lost sale to the other one.
Now, I'm not saying the Vita is killing the 3DS, the amount of people who have chosen a Vita over 3DS is obviously VERY SMALL, but still it is worth noting. No need to get so defensive.

↓↓↓Tbone↓↓↓

Im not on the Defensive, I agree with you to a point. People do look at both and can be taking interest in only one hence your reasoning. I just put it out there that i kno people who own a 3DS that will never get a vita (or sony product on thst matter) and the other way Visa-Versa.

Your point goes to say what the consumer wants with his/her purchase. Good games? Better Specs? Mario only? ETC... It does eat up some of the hardware sales no doubt. Best Ex. of this is Japan with PSP and Vita. People are better to invest in a PSP now than Vita thats why Its Sales are low ATM. PSP is eating up its on preceder(srry 4 misspell).

No Arguement and Being on the Defense is required.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Viper1 said:
kitler53 said:
POE said:
kitler53 said:
3DS is going to end its second year down YoY despite not being on the market a full year in 2011. the dedicated handheld market is still alive but it is far from amazing which is especially true when you look anywhere that isn't japan.

the days for dedicated handhelds are numbered.

No it´s not.

yes it will.

Looks like it only needs to average 700k each week over the next 3.   It just did 682k and the next 2 weeks will be bigger.  It shouldn't have a problem averaging 800k+ over that period.

that last week of the year will see a signifant drop (post holidays in the western world).   in that last week of the year 3DS did  about 550k last if i remember right.  if 3DS continues on it's current level of being down YoY on the week for the last 3 weeks my forcast has it miss the mark by about 100k units.  that's right, i ran the numbers.  it'll be close either way but 3DS has to be above 861k both this and next week to average out correctly for the typical drop on that last week of the year.

897,655 this week and next week should be even higher.

Care to revise your prediction now?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Solid-Stark said:
Sure it's still alive, but there won't be room for dedicated handhelds in the near future. (Perhaps next gen)

3DS is set to sell less than DS (Half?) and the Vita is set to sell considerably a lot less than the PSP (Sony's last handheld console).

Smartphone and Tablet App games and gaming will take over.

You say this despite the 3DS outselling the first year of the DS?

Reread. It was posed as a question, not as a statement.

Perhaps. Can the 3DS sell 20m in a year(s)?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)