By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 hits 30 million lifetime sales across PAL regions

CGI-Quality said:
cookingyourmama said:

Lol yeah the year and a half head start doesn't effect the numbers at all.

Eh, some battles aren't worth fighting. For my part, the "stronghold" comment was simply because of which console has been ahead in recent times. It wasn't to put down anything else, and when the generation concludes, the PS3 will be the highest selling console in EU. Just good to see it come this far after Sony's pathetic opening.

congratulations i guess 

(lol)

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
TrevDaRev said:
kowenicki said:
TrevDaRev said:
kowenicki said:

Also, How do we know its sold through?

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that the cumulative sales1 of the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system reached a milestone of 30 million units across Europe and the PAL territories as of 17th December 2012, demonstrating the continued popularity and momentum of the PS3® platform...

Quote:

1 Sell through number (units sold to consumers) estimated by SCEE.

From GAF.

Where did he get that from?  I cant see it anywhere.

He got it from GAF!

I know.  And where did the guy at GAF get it?  The published press release doesnt have it.  Which is why I am trying to find the official one on a sony site somewhere.

I contacted a journalist who got access to the full pressrelease, if you wanna see it, I'll pm ya. It really does say sell through.

The FULL PR without editions.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

London, 19th December 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that the cumulative sales 1 of the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system reached a milestone of 30 million units across Europe and the PAL territories as of 17 th December 2012, demonstrating the continued popularity and momentum of the PS3® platform.

“This is a major milestone for us and clearly shows just how popular the PlayStation brand and products are within Europe and the PAL territories”, said Jim Ryan, President and CEO of SCEE. “We are really pleased with the success of the PS3 system over the last six years, and are committed to continuing our support of the platform with high quality products and titles that are of the caliber that PlayStation fans have come to expect.”

PS3® has delivered high quality, award-winning entertainment experiences since its launch. Throughout its lifecycle, PS3® has evolved to become a real cornerstone of the family living room delivering classic titles like LittleBigPlanet™ and Gran Turismo™ to the recently launched Wonderbook™: Book of Spells. The state of the art system has become the entertainment hub of many homes allowing families to play together and also enjoy a great range of movies, TV series and music directly from their system.

Following the introduction of PS3 in March 2007 across its territories, SCEE has also launched a plethora of services and products to accompany the system. This includes the free to access PlayStation®Network, PlayStation®Plus, which offers well over €1000 of value for only €49.99 a year, PlayStation®Move motion controller and the recently launched new peripheral Wonderbook™.

In September 2012, SCEE launched a new PS3, featuring a new design and a downsized form factor. In October 2012, SCEE redesigned PlayStation®Store for PS3®, offering a more streamlined and accessible store experience, including a stunning new user interface, simple search, and powerful content discovery.

SCEE will continue to further expand the PS3® platform and create a world of computer entertainment that is only possible on PlayStation.

1 Sell through number (units sold to consumers) estimated by SCEE

#ENDS#

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/183826/PLAYSTATIONreg3_SALES_REACH_30_MILLION_UNITS_ACROSS_EUROPEAND_THE_PAL_TERRITORIES.php

Great sales for PS3, it will probably end up in the higher 40 millions.

the2real4mafol said:
ethomaz said:
the2real4mafol said:
Awesome numbers but how does it compare to Xbox i wonder?

~24 million for 360 (or less... I'm overstimating).

I though PS3 would have been ahead by more, as worldwide gap is only 2 million but america's 360 lead is ahead by about 13 million, while in Japan, PS3 is ahead of 360 by about 5 million

maybe i misunderstood something but if ps3 leads 5 million in japan (isn't it 7?) and 6 million in the rest we have a lead of 11 million. if xbox leads 13 million in north america we have an overall lead of 2 million for 360, exactly what vgchartz says. so, as long as i didn't understand wrong what you said everything is fine?

Around the Network

cant wait for their newest shipment data sometime in january

crissindahouse said:
the2real4mafol said:
ethomaz said:
the2real4mafol said:
Awesome numbers but how does it compare to Xbox i wonder?

~24 million for 360 (or less... I'm overstimating).

I though PS3 would have been ahead by more, as worldwide gap is only 2 million but america's 360 lead is ahead by about 13 million, while in Japan, PS3 is ahead of 360 by about 5 million

maybe i misunderstood something but if ps3 leads 5 million in japan (isn't it 7?) and 6 million in the rest we have a lead of 11 million. if xbox leads 13 million in north america we have an overall lead of 2 million for 360, exactly what vgchartz says. so, as long as i didn't understand wrong what you said everything is fine?

I'm just saying the figures that i remember but I think this works out about right 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

hmm no way 360 is only at 24m

its 22.5m here at Europe and probably 1.5m in AUS, unless you are only couting those 2 yes but PAL includes way more countries.

Well just saw and 360 is closing on 40M on the U.S. Holly mother of Hell.

Ps3 will probably Reach 30m there in 2 years aswell.

Ps3 and 360 will easilly Sell >80m, thats a pretty healthy userbase for both, damn that means 160m Consoles Sold, more than Ps2. Awesome for HD Twins.

Argh_College said:
hmm no way 360 is only at 24m

its 22.5m here at Europe and probably 1.5m in AUS, unless you are only couting those 2 yes but PAL includes way more countries.

PS3 is around 1.5m in aus, and it does quite better then the xbox here

Xbox would be around 1.3m