By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thieves steal $2 million worth of wii consoles but the punch line is

they were wiiu consoles! -_- I present to you..modern day journalism

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/12/thieves-steal-2m-worth-of-wii-consoles/?

Police in SeaTac, Wash., are asking for help in tracking down thieves who they say stole $2 million worth of Nintendo Wii gaming consoles.

The thieves managed to get away with 7,000 portable Wii gaming consoles after raiding a warehouse at SeaTac’s Seattle Air Cargo.

“I’ve been a cop for 28 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this,” said Sgt. Cindy West. “This has come straight out of the movies.”

West explains the thieves drove two large diesel trucks into a Nintendo distribution site inside Seattle Air Cargo on Saturday evening around 9 o’clock. The thieves worked together to snatch up thousands of consoles by operating forklifts within the warehouse. Afterward, they loaded the Wiis into two 53-foot semi-truck trailers waiting outside the center along with another large box-truck van.

By noon on Sunday, employees inside the business noticed empty Nintendo pallets on the warehouse floor and missing trucks.

Police have no information on the thieves and say it’s unclear just how many were inside the warehouse during the time of the heist.

“If we don’t get any tips ahead of time, it will be the selling of these consoles that will lead to their capture,” said West. “It’s gonna be pretty hard to hide 7,000 Wii game consoles.”

Nintendo Wii gaming consoles retail for about $300. Check out our Wii U review here.

and this is not a tabloid either..this is ABC news! talk about a mixed message. Ninty really fucked up with the naming of the system

Either wya hope these guys are caught soon. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Much like they would have probably said "Xboxes" if they had stolen a ton of 360s.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Much like they would have probably said "Xboxes" if they had stolen a ton of 360s.

The article has a picture of a wii..calls the wiiu a portable wii...gives a link to the wiiu review..gives the price of the wiiu and repeatedly calls the stolen goods wii

yep..it's perfectly comparable >_>

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

He's been a cop for 28 years, yet he can't see the U in WiiU :P

a lot of kids gonna get free wii u for christmas i bet

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

The last link to their "Wii U Review" doesn't even function. Lol.

This article is just another to throw on the pile of why so many of our news outlets are absolute rubbish.

and people claim video game journalism is trash. it's everywhere.

Will Nintendo count these as sold consoles?

U gotta be kiddin me!

That's not a punchline. A punchline is something like "I don't know, I was too busy masturbating".