By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think Retro is doing?

The thing is, i was wondering what could Retro Studios be working at. But not only for the fans, but for the sake of Nintendo and the expansion of the Wii U´s userbase. For me, i think a new FPS metroid would be the best bet, given that it would bring back some old fans of the series and at the same time appeal to the X360PS3 FPS fans (of course it has to have amazing graphics)

So, please tell me what do you think they´re working on.

PS: sorry for the english :D

Around the Network

Either a new Metroid FPA or a new IP. Either way it's going to be something aimed at the Western 'hardcore' demographic and will most likely be seven shades of awesome.

Something awesome. It doesn't matter what the specific project is, because no matter what it will be awesome.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I think is either Star Fox or a new IP. Although Reggie said that Retro is working on something we Nintendo fans have been waiting for, so I highly doubt is a new IP, so I'll stick with Star Fox.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I'm hoping Prime 4, reverting as much of Prime 3 and Other M as possible (story focus, live characters alongside Samus, multiple planets, linearity, motion control).

But I no longer believe Retro is capable of making Prime 1 again, after the disappointment of Prime 3 and DKCR.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
I'm hoping Prime 4, reverting as much of Prime 3 and Other M as possible (story focus, live characters alongside Samus, multiple planets, linearity, motion control).

But I no longer believe Retro is capable of making Prime 1 again, after the disappointment of Prime 3 and DKCR.

Why is that? Prime 3 and DKCR are both amazing games!!

Soleron said:

Considering I thought MP3 crushed Metroid Prime and DKCR is the DKC game*, I'm going to have to strenuously disagree with this sentiment and hope that Retro 'disappoints' like that again.

*Yes, played them all as they came out.

I hope its Prime 4 or Starfox. I rather starfox, Guy needs to be brought back from the gamecube era. F Zero be nice too, They just did a racing game MK7 .

ECM said:
Soleron said:

Considering I thought MP3 crushed Metroid Prime and DKCR is the DKC game*, I'm going to have to strenuously disagree with this sentiment and hope that Retro 'disappoints' like that again.

*Yes, played them all as they came out.

Talking on MP3 specifically, I felt it was a lot more mainstream shooter than Prime. "Space marines say fly here and shoot alien monster". Prime was hardly a shooter at all, more of a puzzle/exploration game. The sad part for me is that there are lots of games like Prime 3 but only one Prime. Also can we agree the soundtrack to both of those was far inferior. "Tallon Overworld" or "Sanctuary Fortress" vs DKCR's non-remixes or "Bryyo".

Prime 3 was disapointing no doubt, but DKCR was the best 2D plat of the generation, and one of the prettier Wii games. Retro has also been snatching people from tons of different studios. There next project will be good, I don't doubt that.