By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Phantom Pain going to be Metal Gear for the U and Vita?

bananaking21 said:
Devil_Survivor said:
bananaking21 said:
Metrium said:
Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt the Vita is going to get that kind of exclusive 3rd party support. I'm not here to preach that the Vita is dead, but srsly... I don't see it getting that kind of support from the numbers it is selling atm.

As for the WiiU. No. Kojima hates nintendo. My hypothesis is that it's because he is jealous of Myamoto. Back on topic, Konami and Kojima almost never supported nintendo since the N64. I can't imagine that changing unless Nintendo srsly played their cards right to convince them.

kojima jealous of myamoto?? why the hell would he be? myamoto cant hold a candle to kojima

Really??? I'm pretty sure Miyamoto created more game franchises that have endured longer than kojima did lol.

yet non of them compare to metal gear

I all to say is Mario and your already owned. Its sold far more, spawned entire genres of games, and is far more creative than Metal Gear which is exactly the same game over again.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
TheBardsSong said:

Aielyn said:
"Really? So why did he insist on having Snake in Smash Bros? Why did he make a 3DS launch MGS title?"

...compared to the support competitors have gotten? That's not saying much at all.

There's a difference between being fairly ambivalent/unconcerned and hating something. If Kojima hated Nintendo, he wouldn't have anything to do with them, even if his son wanted Snake in Smash Bros. Kojima may not be particularly enthusiastic about Nintendo, but he's no hater.

Lets not forget the great MGS remake GCN got exclusively. Really, true hatred...

On topic - I want this to be an exclusive Vita game! A Wii U? That would be disappointing considering these graphics. Plus there is absolutely no reason to make a Wii U exclusive game, when PS360 form such a huge market and are totally capable of playing any Wii U game.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

bananaking21 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
bananaking21 said:
Metrium said:
Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt the Vita is going to get that kind of exclusive 3rd party support. I'm not here to preach that the Vita is dead, but srsly... I don't see it getting that kind of support from the numbers it is selling atm.

As for the WiiU. No. Kojima hates nintendo. My hypothesis is that it's because he is jealous of Myamoto. Back on topic, Konami and Kojima almost never supported nintendo since the N64. I can't imagine that changing unless Nintendo srsly played their cards right to convince them.

kojima jealous of myamoto?? why the hell would he be? myamoto cant hold a candle to kojima

I love Kojima, I really do. He's easily a top 5 game creator of all time. But I gotta stick up for Miyamoto, who is the number one game creator of all time.

Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin, etc. It's tough to beat that line-up.

Moreover, I'd imagine Kojima would consider Miyamoto to be the greatest also. He raves about Super Mario Bros. at every opportunity, and he credits Miyamoto's creation as one of the main reasons he entered the video game industry.

no doubt miyamoto had his huge influence on the indusrty, you can say he literally saved it back in 83. but kojima is just a super genius!! honestly nobody can hold a candle to that guy! did you see the phantom pain and ground zero trailers?

It is no secret that Kojima and Metal Gear is one of my favorite developers and series of all time, but comparing him to Myamoto is out of his league.  You are talking about the most influential developer in gaming.  On top of that what has kojima really done besides Metal Gear?  Then their is the endless amount of plotholes in the Metal Gear Solid series.  Kojima is amazing no doubt, but at this rate he will really only be remembered for Metal Gear.

Mnementh said:
bananaking21 said:
Devil_Survivor said:
bananaking21 said:
Metrium said:

Really??? I'm pretty sure Miyamoto created more game franchises that have endured longer than kojima did lol.

yet non of them compare to metal gear

You are right. The most successful Metal Gear Solids sold 6.05M (MGS2, PS2), 6.03M (MGS, PS), 5.71 (MGS4, PS3), 4.23 (MGS3, PS2), 1.92 (MGS:PW, PSP). All in all 7 titles sold 1 million or more.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=metal+gear+solid

The most successful zelda-titles sold 7.60M (LoZ:OOT, N64), 6.67 (LoZ:TP, Wii), 6.51 (LoZ, NES), 4.95 (LoZ:PH, DS), 4.61 (LoZ:LttP, SNES). 18 Zelda-titles sold 1M or more.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=zelda&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

And should I start to compare with Mario?

And now you say that sales != quality. And then I say, that quality is subjective and I like Zelda far more than MGs (and Mario). And quality is a reason for good sales, especially for a series of games, because a bad game in the series leads to decresed sales of later entries.

then Call of duty is about 3 or 4 times better than the best zelda? 

All this speculating is detached from the facts in front of our eyes in their trailer.

Its most probably a MGS Ground Zeroes troll. This trailer has been prepared for over an year according to Geoff (cant spell his last name. Keileigh or something) so this has to be MGSGZ cause it hadnt been announced at that time. They were probably thinking of announcing it on the VGA's but it turned out Konami didnt want to wait, so they just made a troll trailer wich can be a hint of a new project thats gonna take place after GZ.
Whatever it is, its unsure its even a different project under development at this time.

It most definitly is not a Vita game and its unlikely that its a U exclusive MGS, but i guess that would be more likely (why hide it though, so not very probable).

Summary: This is MGSGZ/Nothing yet.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Mnementh said:

You are right. The most successful Metal Gear Solids sold 6.05M (MGS2, PS2), 6.03M (MGS, PS), 5.71 (MGS4, PS3), 4.23 (MGS3, PS2), 1.92 (MGS:PW, PSP). All in all 7 titles sold 1 million or more.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=metal+gear+solid

The most successful zelda-titles sold 7.60M (LoZ:OOT, N64), 6.67 (LoZ:TP, Wii), 6.51 (LoZ, NES), 4.95 (LoZ:PH, DS), 4.61 (LoZ:LttP, SNES). 18 Zelda-titles sold 1M or more.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=zelda&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

And should I start to compare with Mario?

And now you say that sales != quality. And then I say, that quality is subjective and I like Zelda far more than MGs (and Mario). And quality is a reason for good sales, especially for a series of games, because a bad game in the series leads to decresed sales of later entries.

then Call of duty is about 3 or 4 times better than the best zelda?

As I said: quality is subjective. For the people purchase COD in each iteration it seems to have high quality. So, yes.

We have personal preferences, for sure. So I would be fine, if you say you like MGS more than anything Miyamoto created. But you stated it in a manner, that suggests it's not only your personal opinion. And COD-gamers might explain to you, why they put money on the table for COD but not for MGS.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]