By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith Soft wants to be like Bethesda

Why aim lower than what you already achieved?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

xenoblade is the best game i've played in a long time. No need to change that.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

This game sounds awesome, I hope we hear more about it soon. Xenoblade is amazing and I have utmost faith in Monolith Soft's ability to deliver another high-quality epic RPG.

As for Bethesda, I think Monolith Soft is already there. I'm 113 or so hours into Xenoblade and not close to finished. And best of all, the game isn't a buggy mess. All that's missing are some improved HD visuals and voila.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Kudos to Sugira for wanting to learn from the success of one of best creative teams in the industry, and for wanting to make his company better.

However, I don't think all Japanese game creators have lost their way. Maybe this feeling on the part of Sugira has to do with negativity over the most recent releases from Square Enix and Capcom? But others -- like Nintendo EAD, Konami, Game Freak, and even Monolith Soft -- are still turning out great games.

But, again, if Monolith wants to borrow ideas from Bethesda, I say go ahead.

I would also add Platinum Game to that list.

Back on topic: Xenoblade is one of my favorite game of all time, it's a shame that it did'nt sale over 3milion units while FF13 easely did. I just hope they keep on making great games as great as Xenoblade and someday get the recognition and sucess they deserve.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Nintendo used to really push their franchises to wowing people. OOT was the biggest and best game when it launched. These days they mostly focus on refinement, it's nice to see a talented, promising dev making promising games on a nintendo platform again. Push the Wii U!

Around the Network

So they want to start making glitchfests?

so they want to be buggy?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I hope they aren't talking about game design. We have enough first person games and glitches.

I'm not sure they can be as big as Bethesda if they keep doing what they do - make games that are obviously Japanese in style. Bethesda makes games for western audience - for example, out of 13.7 mils that Skyrim sold, only 0.28 are from Japan. So if Monolith Soft wants West to recognize their future titles as something that is made for them I really hope they paid attention to something like Demon's/Dark Souls IPs who sit quite well in WRPG space, although being (for now) somewhat niche.

Honestly, as much as I mostly don't agree with Malstrom, he has a very good point when he states that (at least current) western mainstream audience just doesn't care for Japanese culture that much, and I see that as major obstacle Japanese developers have when trying to make something that is comparable to western mega-hits.

Man, if they can keep that promise I'm sure I'll be completelly floored by what they'll develop for Wii U! Xenoblade is such a great game, that I trust them to deliver on that promise! Great news indeed.

All they gotta Do is to NOT make it so fucking glitchy. I don't understand how a buggy ass game like skyrim got so much positive reviews. It's a great game for sure, but it really was buggy as Hell in the beginning...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.