By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita has outlasted the 3ds

joeorc said:

tbone51 said:
About this thread, its all good and all but i think most people are referring to is that vita took almost a year of what 3ds did in 5 months?

Correct me if im wrong but we are talking about pre'price cuts

what many i think are upset about is how the op pointed out that Sony's PSVita has outlasted Nintendo's 3DS in the point of not getting a Price cut in order to have this thread of Sony "outlasting" anything Nintendo!..lol
when you could have put that Microsoft has had  the xbox360 has sold better without as many price cuts as Sony have had to do to spur sales of their systems! in the same time frame..lol

(Tbone51)

Gotcha, Damn then this isn't really an accomplishment since sony is in a position that can't do any price drops and thats the only reason why they haven't drop its price!

Also if 3DS didn't have tne price drop they'd probably reach 7-8mil at this time anyway???
This is just my oppinion! So dont start, I ain't trying to hurt anybodys feelings

Around the Network

Soriku said:

theprof00 said:
I think the difference between myself and dissenters, is that I'm of a realistic understanding of what success constitutes. For example, I'm pretty sure some of the bigger posters on here have called psp a failure, and while vita hasn't exactly done psp numbers, there's plenty of time to improve.

Again, I will ask, would there be a thread if Sony had cut the price. Let's pretend Sony did have enough money to cut it safely, let's pretend these excuse variables didn't exist. Would there have been a thread if Vita had dropped in price previously to selling what 3ds did. Yes. Yes there would.

Even later in its life, even if it becomes more successful than the psp, I imagine there will be all kinds of excuses to continue trolling it.

There would be a "Sony is desperate" thread but who cares. It's not like people troll the 3DS for that now because its sales are good. If Vita started selling more with a price cut things would be more positive. There'll always be trolls but at least it wouldn't be one sided like it is now.

(Tbone51)
Yea i seen like over 20 threads past week with vita being down in the dumps!!! Like for EX: Vita top 10 sales from summer vs NSMB2!!!

I made 2 threads the other day but instead of being a troll and put them together i separated and had 3ds 1st 10mil seller and one for sony fans for vita 1st mil seller!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151288&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151282&page=1

tbone51 said:

joeorc said:

tbone51 said:
About this thread, its all good and all but i think most people are referring to is that vita took almost a year of what 3ds did in 5 months?

Correct me if im wrong but we are talking about pre'price cuts

what many i think are upset about is how the op pointed out that Sony's PSVita has outlasted Nintendo's 3DS in the point of not getting a Price cut in order to have this thread of Sony "outlasting" anything Nintendo!..lol
when you could have put that Microsoft has had  the xbox360 has sold better without as many price cuts as Sony have had to do to spur sales of their systems! in the same time frame..lol

(Tbone51)

Gotcha, Damn then this isn't really an accomplishment since sony is in a position that can't do any price drops and thats the only reason why they haven't drop its price!

Also if 3DS didn't have tne price drop they'd probably reach 7-8mil at this time anyway???
This is just my oppinion! So dont start, I ain't trying to hurt anybodys feelings

I would think even without a Price drop Nintendo 3DS would have made that Anyway due to Nintendo Handhelds having a strong sales platform strength even without 3RD party support. out of the three Only Nintendo i would think could sell their systems alone just on 1st party offering's only. As a matter of fact the recent sales of the DS, DS lite, DS XL all would sell quite well without 1st party.

As for not being able to drop the price, why would they? right now Sony is concentrating on profit, the fact that until atleast 2015 most mobile game development still for software will still be based on single core processor's. for Applications, currently Sony's PSVita has the most GPU dedicated Ram out of any handheld on the market today, and most like will remain that way. 128 MB of Dedicated GPU ram, for a Handheld? that's the thing Sony purchased Sony Ericsson out right for 1.4 billion+ developed and released Sony Playstation Suite ie: Playstation Mobile, and made the Xperia line of smartphone's and Tablets compatable with that not to mention HTC, sharp, Asus and other's to top it off sony sell's over 8.8 million xperia Handsets a sales Quarter, An People still think Sony is not paying attention where the market trends are heading?

look at the recent interview with EA games publishing for production of Games,2013 will have only 14 but Mobile will have over 30! which platform between Nintendo and Sony is more aligned with that for the future? Arm 11 or Arm cortex A9's, look at Microsoft's surface and smartglass, Apple, and Google.

Not to say Sony outright everything is all good, but the fact that the 3DS is not using very upto date Hardware chips the 3DS may have a problem down the line if Sony's stratagy pans out.

just like the Wii, the PS3 and the Xbox360. in a lot of ways Nintendo had to release another system in the time that both Microsoft and Sony replace their's

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

@joeorc

Very good points! Im not a person trying to bring down vita, im not like that and as of your point in the future makes sense that it will pick up with each year!

Only thing is even though 3DS wont be up there with tec in 2 or 3 years, it really doesn't matter! With great 1st party and tons of games we know its coming out sooner or later are a bunch of killer apps that will definitely push hardware sales!!! EX SSB4, Pokemon gen 6, Animal Crossing (America release), another 3D mario, Zelda, DK, etc...
Nintendo will do fine but i do agree that i wished it would be better specs but hey down the line 3ds will have price on its side right?!?!

And knowing Nintendo i can see another god damn model in two years lol!

tbone51 said:
@joeorc

Very good points! Im not a person trying to bring down vita, im not like that and as of your point in the future makes sense that it will pick up with each year!

Only thing is even though 3DS wont be up there with tec in 2 or 3 years, it really doesn't matter! With great 1st party and tons of games we know its coming out sooner or later are a bunch of killer apps that will definitely push hardware sales!!! EX SSB4, Pokemon gen 6, Animal Crossing (America release), another 3D mario, Zelda, DK, etc...
Nintendo will do fine but i do agree that i wished it would be better specs but hey down the line 3ds will have price on its side right?!?!

agree 100% Nintendo's 1st party is always what makes the Nintendo system sell. the Hardware has never really been a problem, though anymore I think even Nintendo knows that you have to have Hardware that can atleast last longer than a cycle of 4 to 6 years cycle in this market. Any more Even though the price of hardware has droped and the technology has grown, the smartphones for instance are Quite robust for lower cost now that, in a way Nintendo's way of making systems for home console and Handhelds are being changed but they will be going more in parity than they were making their systems before  from the past in how they released their systems in the hardware was not very upto day, and that has changed with the WiiU but the mobile systems have not quite got there yet,just look at the WiiU before the gap between the Wii and the xbox360 and the PS3 .

Nintendo has had to change it's  direction on system design for this cycle more inline with the other consumer electronic companies not just Sony or Microsoft, but the industry as a whole, which is good in my opinion .Quite a number of designs for the new handheld systems from Nintendo will no doubt be inline with the smartphones and Tablets in for Nintendo in the future because more and more companies are not going to be in production of those older chipsets. 

with the new smartphones and Tablets releasing today, there is no way Nintendo and Sony could out pace the sheer number's of smart devices that can be released in the market, but they know this currently they would concentrate on a market that they know has gamer's but on the same token the gamer market is never going to be as large as the smart devices market. Sony made the PSVita as a bridge device of the Home console to connect to a mobile device, as their main development due to the fact that is where mainly the Game handheld market is being challenged from anyway. many low cost Tablets and Smartphones already have HDMI output. Hell now the OUYA and other low cost mobile devices systems be that smartphone, Tablet or Topset box Hell even TV's have chipset's in them that support DirectX 10.1 WE ARE TALKING ABOUT YOUR TV without a topset box haveing chipset's inside of them that allows advance shader's and Graphic's all without a box, or a cheap mobile smart device hooked up for your living room. That is what Sony and Nintendo and Microsoft are facing. which is why Sony designed the PSVita to be using the exact same chips over 90% of all smart devices will be using in the next 2 to 6 years anyway for mobile software development. 

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

joeorc said:

tbone51 said:
@joeorc

agree 100% Nintendo's 1st party is always what makes the Nintendo system sell. the Hardware has never really been a problem, though anymore I think even Nintendo knows that you have to have Hardware that can atleast last longer than a cycle of 4 to 6 years cycle in this market. Any more Even though the price of hardware has droped and the technology has grown, the smartphones for instance are Quite robust for lower cost now that, in a way Nintendo's way of making systems for home console and Handhelds are being changed but they will be going more in parity than they were making their systems before  from the past in how they released their systems in the hardware was not very upto day, and that has changed with the WiiU but the mobile systems have not quite got there yet,just look at the WiiU before the gap between the Wii and the xbox360 and the PS3 .
Nintendo has had to change it's  direction on system design for this cycle more inline with the other consumer electronic companies not just Sony or Microsoft, but the industry as a whole, which is good in my opinion .Quite a number of designs for the new handheld systems from Nintendo will no doubt be inline with the smartphones and Tablets in for Nintendo in the future because more and more companies are not going to be in production of those older chipsets. 

(Tbone51)

Good way wording it! Thats why i hate all these Wii U doom or fail articles/threads! Its like relax Gamecube did the worst with barely over 22mil WW but is it a failure??? No great games come out SSBM,Mario Kart DD, etc! At least nintendo makes a model swap like the ds with interner connection!

Anyway As for Vita and 3DS! there both good just with vita sales are bad (not terrible)! As for 3DS years especially next two will be great because i really believe pokemon gen 6 coming and the worst one to date is pokemon black/white(only new gen game) and that is close to 15mil sales WW!!!

Sucks about vita is that so many people thought COD push hardware off the roof!!! Even i though vita would sell like a mil if not two by years end!!! How wrong i was....

kowenicki said:
here we go... updated so we can see the fatal flaw in the whole basis for this thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=141085&page=1

(tbone51)

Saw that chart i think someone posted already but anyway yea vita looks terrible when you put it in graph form lol!

kowenicki said:
here we go... updated so we can see the fatal flaw in the whole basis for this thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=141085&page=1

The fatal flaw is the future is not certain, the fact of the matter is right now the 3DS has had its first official price cut, the PSVita has not!

this is mainly a problem with the idea that god forbid the PSVita having a silver lining in amongst the gloom threads that are going on right now , and that what he stated was not wrong in the point of it has indeed outlasted the Nintendo 3ds and not had a price cut yet.

big freaking deal!, like i stated you could say the xbox360 has sold better with less price drop's than the PS3 has. it does not matter.

the point is making this claim is not untrue, just like Microsoft claimes "the first one to sell 10 million win's the generation"

that did not matter than it does not matter now.

there is not fatal flaw in this whole thread because what he is talking about we will not know the results until it happens or is does not happen and that is it all boil's down to Sony is sticking to the price point. And you saying they did not have a choice How do you know?

did they say anything about that?  the answer is no

I AM BOLO

ps:

Immortal said:
Cherry-picking of useless statistics. Early large price cuts mean nothing for healthy sales. Case in point: PS2 was 2/3 of its $300 launch price exactly one year and seven months after its launch. Think that's bad? By one and a half years after its launch, the PS1 had dropped 50% in price. And neither of these systems had particularly bad sales at all at any point really, meaning that early price cuts do not mean that the system's situation is grim and, by extension, the absence of this in Vita's case is nothing to be thrilled about.

Lol, you think that price cuts that came after the PS1 and PS2 were out for over 1 1/2 years is early?  That's more in the line of standard.  Now, the 6 months after launch price cut that the 3DS had is call FUD.  Nintendo wasn't happy with the sales and knew the Vita was just around the corner, launching for the same price, and decided to drop the price.

@ Kynes

People, including me, only thought the Vita was going to do better than the 3DS because they were going to be the same price.  I think Nintendo figured this may happen, as well, which was part of the reason they made an unprecedented move and dropped the price by $80 before the 3DS had even had its first holiday. 

@ OP

I think the demand is there, though, maybe not as quite as high as the 3DS's demand is now.  The big problem is when customers are looking at a $250 console compared to a $170 one, they are either going to purchase the $170 one or wait for a price drop. 

(Tbone51)

Good way wording it! Thats why i hate all these Wii U doom or fail articles/threads! Its like relax Gamecube did the worst with barely over 22mil WW but is it a failure??? No great games come out SSBM,Mario Kart DD, etc! At least nintendo makes a model swap like the ds with interner connection!

Anyway As for Vita and 3DS! there both good just with vita sales are bad (not terrible)! As for 3DS years especially next two will be great because i really believe pokemon gen 6 coming and the worst one to date is pokemon black/white(only new gen game) and that is close to 15mil sales WW!!!

Sucks about vita is that so many people thought COD push hardware off the roof!!! Even i though vita would sell like a mil if not two by years end!!! How wrong i was....

Thank's, I think what many also may be overlooking is how the trends are shifting toward where developer's and Publisher's are shifting their resources One thing is Today for instance is many still have overlooked the very basic problem in the way thing's in the game industry has been done to now. for instance when your device such as a smartphone has more gaming capability  in it's chipset than the Nintendo Wii, there is going to be a change. think about that for a sec, today can you ever thought of a time when a Mobile device chipset can be more robust than a game console that was made for the livingroom?

I mean its not the way of mobile device more robust than the WiiU, but has there ever been a time in the same cycle as a mobile device being more robust than a GAME CONSOLE connects to your TV and does this and release in the same time frame, and not just one comapny but multiple release devices that surpassed the Wii! this is not a feat to take lightly in my opinion the trends are already have had such a drastic change on this part of the market. when your mobile chipset can produce DirectX 10.1 shader model 3+ at a resolution of  720p  or higher@ 60FPS on Mobile chipset's. At the Price and power consumption and the sheer number of companies making these chipset's it was in my opinion not a matter of if it would change the market on a matter of When.

I AM BOLO

ps: