By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - sony narrows gap another million+ during 2012!!!

Max King of the Wild said:
jonnybmk said:
How many 360s were sold at the time of PS3's launch?

5.3 million or something in NA

.18 million in Japan

and 1.1 million in Europe

6.6 million lead when the Ps3 launched

Thanks!

So as I expected, the PS3 has sold better all along since it was launched a year after the 360 and has closed the initial gap.

PS3 is my favorite console of all time so I hope its sales do eventually pass the 360 even though it has sold better already.

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:

The gap was just over 7 million when PS3 launched worldwide in March 2007. It was only available in Japan and North America in Q4 2006.

Yes but that is because the 360 sold more than the ps3 by 400k in America/Japan by the time ps3 launched in Europe

jonnybmk said:
How many 360s were sold at the time of PS3's launch?

I listed all the end of the year gaps here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4960728

NobleTeam360 said:
Isn't the gap still 2 million which it's been at for a while?

The gap now is 1.9 million... that's first year the gap is below 3 million.

sales2099 said:

lol thats it? PS3 will never take 2nd place before next Xbox is out at this rate.

Draw upon your forefathers in the PS2 days. Youve lost your ways.

EDIT: PSTriple? We got a Chad Warden disciple over here?

It doesn't make a difference if it's before or after the next Xbox. As long as a product is still in production, it competes for your consumer dollars.  But you do have a right to set up any criteria you want to live in your own personal worldview.

Around the Network

2014 is when the PS3 will overtake the 360 by the look of things (barring any crazy happening of course)

so wait, sony are now 1 MONTH behind in shipments and some people still think 2014? either x360 gonna be really strong next year or people are expecting it to really hammer the ps3 this quarter. neither will happen. so ps3 will go ahead april-july 2013.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
so wait, sony are now 1 MONTH behind in shipments and some people still think 2014? either x360 gonna be really strong next year or people are expecting it to really hammer the ps3 this quarter. neither will happen. so ps3 will go ahead april-july 2013.

I expect the Ps3 and 360 to be neck and neck in shipments this quarter. I don't think it was a coincidence Sony made their shipments announced to hit 70mil. I think they realize how close they are. I expect 2013 also.

I honestly thought the PS3 was never going to pass the 360. Slowly but surely its looking like that might happen.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

I expect the Ps3 and 360 to be neck and neck in shipments this quarter. I don't think it was a coincidence Sony made their shipments announced to hit 70mil. I think they realize how close they are. I expect 2013 also.

i dont know about this quarter but its definately happening in 2013.