By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - sony narrows gap another million+ during 2012!!!

Even a one year head start cannot stop the juggernaut from beating the 360. When all is said and done the ps3 will sit comfortably above the 360 and their it all remain until the end of time.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
I think after adjustments, the advantage the 360 has will be less than 2 million for this year. Also, considering the PS3 is going to drop less next year than the 360 will, I see the gap almost, if not completely, vanishing before the holidays. Considering the PS3 will be getting a price cut next, and most likely a $150 Black Friday bundle, I can see them both being on par during the holidays, maybe the PS3 performing better. After 2014, the PS3 will remain 2nd.

I've been on here watching for nearly three years and have seen this so many times, yet the gap has averaged out for the last two years to about the same.  The only people who keep saying that the gap is narrowing have something PlayStation related in their signature....funny....

Stop hating and start playing.

PS3 should end up first. IMO

BuckStud said:

I've been on here watching for nearly three years and have seen this so many times, yet the gap has averaged out for the last two years to about the same.  The only people who keep saying that the gap is narrowing have something PlayStation related in their signature....funny....

Hum?

2006: 6,727,759
2007: 6,685,256
2008: 7,393,621
2009: 4,556,165
2010: 3,572,437
2011: 3,261,709

2012: 1,909,663

The gap never was soo low.

PS. Before the January adjustments the gag was bigger in every year... in 2011 the vgchartz showed 360 over PS3 for the year but after adjustments you know what happened.

Max King of the Wild said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
pezus said:

I think it's worth mentioning that PS3 outsold 360 by over 1.6m during Jan-Oct 2012, so it's possible that PS3 will take the lead next year with the 360 stealing it back again when the holiday season comes around and PS3 finally taking it back early 2014.

i disagree. i'm seeing the evidence that PS3 will take the lead by Oct. and keep it.

does anyone think there's a chance that wk8 (current numbers) number will be adjusted? and if so,will it give Sony another small lead for the wk?

I think there is a chance the entire year will get Ps3 adjustments. The only way VGC matches up with Sony's shipped numbers is if sony shipped more Ps2's in April - June and again in July - September this year than they did in October - December last year... even with Ps2 numbers showing a decline the last 4 quarters. Needless to say I don't see that happening. Best case scenario they sustained their Jan-March shipments within both of those quarters and not declining (which again I doubt)... I think that both MS and Ps3 will ship 5 to 5.5 million this quarter and probablly increase shipments closer to christmas it gets. so about 1 to 1.2 million in Oct. (Which would mean Ps3 was at 69million the end of September which would fall in line with Ps2 sustaining their Q1 shipments) 2 to 2.2 million in November and 2 to 2.2 million in December. So, in my opinion the Ps3 is at least 500k undertracked. Possibly up to 800k.

I don't think it was a coincidence that Sony announced their 70mil shipped when they did. I believe they know they are close to MS.

agreed. well done. 

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
PS3 should end up first. IMO

i have Sony 110m by 2020. that's a 3 yr. old prediction though.

How many 360s were sold at the time of PS3's launch?

jonnybmk said:

5.3 million or something in NA

.18 million in Japan

and 1.1 million in Europe

6.6 million lead when the Ps3 launched

Isn't the gap still 2 million which it's been at for a while?

Max King of the Wild said:
jonnybmk said:

5.3 million or something in NA

.18 million in Japan

and 1.1 million in Europe

6.6 million lead when the Ps3 launched

The gap was just over 7 million when PS3 launched worldwide in March 2007. It was only available in Japan and North America in Q4 2006.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4