By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Another troubled quarter for the 360

ioi said:

500,000 Xbox360s shipped in Q3.

Total 10.9m shipped

500k?  that's it? 

oh boy.

channel stuffing in previous quarters really caught up to them, eh... 

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

I wonder how many more PS3s and 360s retailers can take. Even if the retailers have the money to place orders, the physical space these boxes take is enormous. You can fit 3-4 Wii boxes in the same space as a single PS3. Every time I go to Wal-mart or Target I see these hulking PS3 boxes sitting at the bottom of the display case and wonder how many are in the back because they can't fit.

Lingyis said:
ioi said:

Total 10.9m shipped

500k? that's it?

oh boy.

Not that much stuffing. They did sell at least 9 million of those (give or take the actual amounts compared to what's on the frontpage).

And even though they didn't directly develop the Zune, they did fund it, so it did cose them money.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Maybe MS are already prestocking those Elite systems in their warehouses?

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Lingyis said:
ioi said:

Total 10.9m shipped

500k? that's it?

oh boy.

Not that much stuffing. They did sell at least 9 million of those (give or take the actual amounts compared to what's on the frontpage).

well then tell me how they shipped only 500k of them.  that's 167k a month, less than how many XBox's gets sold in the US alone each month, for the past jan-mar.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Quarterly losses were blamed on expenses related to the launch of Microsoft's Zune media player, as well as expenses from a lengthening of the Xbox 360's warranty period.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

I can't get over what a stupid move Zune was. Even if 360 is approaching profitability, we'll never know. Until they discontinue Zune.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Erik Aston said:
I can't get over what a stupid move Zune was. Even if 360 is approaching profitability, we'll never know. Until they discontinue Zune.

Microsoft knows whether or not it's approaching profitability, and that's what counts. Reverie's posts on the subject are pointless since he/she doesn't have any idea.

Zune is actually a good device on the whole, however it's just to 'hardcore' for the whole market, they thought all of those awesome super duper features would sell a product like that.

basically microsoft's strategy is "we have lots of money, we'll just keep trying to make new stuff.  one of them has got to make us some money!"  the only problem is that their hitting percentage is so far 0.000.

and there's really nothing wrong with that when they're still making $5bln a quarter. 

the Wii is an epidemic.