By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How to Destroy an Athiests in a argument! (Updated with poll)

Who won?

The Athiest 40 70.18%

The creationist 17 29.82%

Total:57
GameOver22 said:

u have to realize that people watching CNN, where the interview was done, do not have a huge amount of scientiifc knowledge....its about knowing your audience. Its just asking for confusion if you state that "originally the universe was a gas of particles with no mass at all." I mean, your inintial response was actually to say it was wrong, and you claim to know the material better than most.

I will just point you toawrds KungKras's response. There was no reason to resort to calling someone a liar (saying he didn't have a source) and illiterate (he needs to learn to read). It was just a misunderstanding, mostly because the interviewee made a poor choice of words at desribing the event (using the term "gas" to describe something that clearly is not a gas, at least as the term is commonly used).

He refused to provide the source when requested that could have resolved it. That's the issue.

Massless gases could exist prior to the Big Bang as per the video. The "fuse" hadn't been lit -> Higgs Boson that gave mass to particles. So yes, I do now agree, after having context for this, that the Universe could have been comprised of a gas of massless particles. 

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
GameOver22 said:

u have to realize that people watching CNN, where the interview was done, do not have a huge amount of scientiifc knowledge....its about knowing your audience. Its just asking for confusion if you state that "originally the universe was a gas of particles with no mass at all." I mean, your inintial response was actually to say it was wrong, and you claim to know the material better than most.

I will just point you toawrds KungKras's response. There was no reason to resort to calling someone a liar (saying he didn't have a source) and illiterate (he needs to learn to read). It was just a misunderstanding, mostly because the interviewee made a poor choice of words at desribing the event (using the term "gas" to describe something that clearly is not a gas, at least as the term is commonly used).

He refused to provide the source when requested that could have resolved it. That's the issue.

Massless gases could exist prior to the Big Bang as per the video. The "fuse" hadn't been lit -> Higgs Boson that gave mass to particles. So yes, I do now agree, after having context for this, that the Universe could have been comprised of a gas of massless particles. 

I don't know if you're getting my point, which is, the context for the statement was not provided by the video. KungKras cleared up the issue by providing a further explanation. The video, at best, is ambiguous about what was meant by the quotation. Point  being, I don't relly have a hard time understanding why someone watching that video, particularly someone not informed about the subject, would be confused  by the statement, hence, why they would ask a question.

That's easy. You don't have to rely on the false and misleading arguments in the video. All you have to do is ask: where did everything come from? and you will see a flood of inane arguments. The most hilarious answer is from nothing. Believe it or not many atheists belief this. I know it sound too ridiculous to believe, but they do. Others, who don't think very well say we came from a multiverse. This is also very funny. Where did the multiverse come from then? A multiverse doesn't answer the question, but an atheist can't understand this. So ask away and be entertained. The atheist isn't clever enough to understand this issue, and will never learn. But it is amusing to watch them waffle from one stupid answer to another.

BTW, Hitler didn't follow the teachings of Christianity. Everyone knows that except the atheists. It doesn't matter how many religious people were in the Nazi party. Not everyone in Germany in the time of Nazism was evil. Hitler followed evolution which teaches amoral survival of the fittest, as did the other great atheistic murderers like Stalin.

GameOver22 said:

I don't know if you're getting my point, which is, the context for the statement was not provided by the video. KungKras cleared up the issue by providing a further explanation. The video, at best, is ambiguous about what was meant by the quotation. Point  being, I don't relly have a hard time understanding why someone watching that video, particularly someone not informed about the subject, would be confused  by the statement, hence, why they would ask a question.

I understand your point. The context was provided in the video which allowed me to answer the question. 

TheProphet said:
That's easy. You don't have to rely on the false and misleading arguments in the video. All you have to do is ask: where did everything come from? and you will see a flood of inane arguments. The most hilarious answer is from nothing. Believe it or not many atheists belief this. I know it sound too ridiculous to believe, but they do. Others, who don't think very well say we came from a multiverse. This is also very funny. Where did the multiverse come from then? A multiverse doesn't answer the question, but an atheist can't understand this. So ask away and be entertained. The atheist isn't clever enough to understand this issue, and will never learn. But it is amusing to watch them waffle from one stupid answer to another.

BTW, Hitler didn't follow the teachings of Christianity. Everyone knows that except the atheists. It doesn't matter how many religious people were in the Nazi party. Not everyone in Germany in the time of Nazism was evil. Hitler followed evolution which teaches amoral survival of the fittest, as did the other great atheistic murderers like Stalin.

Sigh.... I'll bite.
To answer your bold part. Music on eleven-dimensional superstrings. That's as simple as I can possibly hope to explain it.

Now for my question to you. Why is your religion more true than the thousands of other ones?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:
TheProphet said:

Sigh.... I'll bite.
To answer your bold part. Music on eleven-dimensional superstrings. That's as simple as I can possibly hope to explain it.

Now for my question to you. Why is your religion more true than the thousands of other ones?

I will also ask a question. Why did Christianity steal so much from paganism? Don't quote me but I think there is over 4000 other religions in the world today.

It's like the south park episode. LOl

http://blip.tv/the-blog-waggon/south-park-thought-correct-religion-4883255

whoops

dsgrue3 said:
GameOver22 said:

I understand your point. The context was provided in the video which allowed me to answer the question. 

Your own quote:

"Problem is he took one sentence out of context, which to me, appears entirely illogical and asked a question about it. After you or whoever explained further, I realize it's just a way to explain it in simple terms. It's all hypothetical anyway, maybe massless gases did exist prior to the Big Bang."

You already admitted that your own understanding came not from the video, but from KungKras's explanation. I'll just leave it at that because its clear you're changing your story to suit whatever purpose you have.

"it is wrong, always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence." William Kingdon Clifford, 1879 in the Ethics of Belief.

It is a summation of a rational argument on the ethics of faith and belief without evidence. It has a corollary, all belief without sufficient evidence is irrational. This statement provoked some debate when it came up in the philosophy of logic class, those that argued for watering it down failed to do so without resorting to logical fallacies.

In logic, an appeal to faith is a logical fallacy.

GameOver22 said:
dsgrue3 said:
GameOver22 said:

Your own quote:

"Problem is he took one sentence out of context, which to me, appears entirely illogical and asked a question about it. After you or whoever explained further, I realize it's just a way to explain it in simple terms. It's all hypothetical anyway, maybe massless gases did exist prior to the Big Bang."

You already admitted that your own understanding came not from the video, but from KungKras's explanation. I'll just leave it at that because its clear you're changing your story to suit whatever purpose you have.

And then after you responded to my quoted text, I went and watched the video. Not sure what's difficult to understand about this? lmfao.