By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii U game makes you say WOW!

Walkthrublazer3 said:

Nntendo Land has definitely made me say WOW! I expected a Nintendo themed Wii sports like game that was tailored toward casual gaming. Boy was I wrong.

Nintendo Land is a near perfect game. The presentation is amazing! Each attraction perfectly captures the game world it represents. I was in awe playing through the Metroid and Zelda attractions, each new level brought fantastic settings and the perfect rush of nostalgia mixed with new designs. The music tops off  the presentation and is Superb! The new songs and the remixes of classic Nintendo songs are incredible.

Each of the 12 attractions is unique and provides plenty of depth and challenge. I love that the single player games are throwbacks to the NES era of gaming. The Balloon Trip Breeze attraction is reminiscent of Paperboy for the NES. The competative games are a blast to play and the cooperative games are definitely the meatiest attractions of the games.The motion controls in this game are near perfect. The shooting mechanics in Metroid Blast are godly, Zelda Battlequests Bow and Sword controls are flawless, and Pikmin's touch controls are immaculate. The only games that can be a problem is the F-Zero game as the controller will sometimes de-sync and

For me, Nintendo Land is a near perfect game. The biggest negative I can give the game is the lack of online mulitplayer. Other then some minor complaints and nuances the game sets out what it meant to do perfectly.

The biggest mistake you can make about Nintendo Land is writing it off as a another Wii Sports game. I believe that Nintendo Land is best the game on the Wii U. ( Yes, better then Mario and Zombi U) and is a game that every Wii U owner should get if they haven't already.

This. Very overlooked gem.

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Walkthrublazer3 said:

Nntendo Land has definitely made me say WOW! I expected a Nintendo themed Wii sports like game that was tailored toward casual gaming. Boy was I wrong.

Nintendo Land is a near perfect game. The presentation is amazing! Each attraction perfectly captures the game world it represents. I was in awe playing through the Metroid and Zelda attractions, each new level brought fantastic settings and the perfect rush of nostalgia mixed with new designs. The music tops off  the presentation and is Superb! The new songs and the remixes of classic Nintendo songs are incredible.

Each of the 12 attractions is unique and provides plenty of depth and challenge. I love that the single player games are throwbacks to the NES era of gaming. The Balloon Trip Breeze attraction is reminiscent of Paperboy for the NES. The competative games are a blast to play and the cooperative games are definitely the meatiest attractions of the games.The motion controls in this game are near perfect. The shooting mechanics in Metroid Blast are godly, Zelda Battlequests Bow and Sword controls are flawless, and Pikmin's touch controls are immaculate. The only games that can be a problem is the F-Zero game as the controller will sometimes de-sync and

For me, Nintendo Land is a near perfect game. The biggest negative I can give the game is the lack of online mulitplayer. Other then some minor complaints and nuances the game sets out what it meant to do perfectly.

The biggest mistake you can make about Nintendo Land is writing it off as a another Wii Sports game. I believe that Nintendo Land is best the game on the Wii U. ( Yes, better then Mario and Zombi U) and is a game that every Wii U owner should get if they haven't already.

Can't quite agree considering that Nintendo Land is the best-selling WiiU game.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
guiduc said:
Walkthrublazer3 said:

Can't quite agree considering that Nintendo Land is the best-selling WiiU game.

Not about really the sales but about critical consideration. (Dem sexy game critics)

I've been surprised by the quality of Nintendoland.

But is Ninja Gaiden 3 *supposed* to look like a Wii game?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

No game has made me say wow, but the Gamepad sure did.

The first time I came home and The Wife was watching some show on the TV I didn't care about and I could just pick up my Gamepad and play a console game, I literally said wow.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

mr. Khan can you explain me that paragraf about NG3, i'm going to buy the game so please did you have some critics to do or is that just sarcasm?

34 years playing games.

If you haven't played Batman, I think it's a solid launch, because Batman + Mario + some Nintendo Land fun for Christmas parties/family get togethers is good.

There isn't one piece of software that's necessarily a "OMG ... I've never seen anything like that before!!!".

I think it's more important actually that Nintendo have a more steady stream of content for Q1/Q2. That's more important to the Wii U.

The launch games basically are just a "get the job done" type of thing.

Well, Mario's overall quality did (level design, world map, etc), as did the Gamepad. I'm in love with that thing.

Teriol said:
Mr Khan said:

mr. Khan can you explain me that paragraf about NG3, i'm going to buy the game so please did you have some critics to do or is that just sarcasm?

I'm being half serious. Aside from lighting and special effects, i'm seeing nothing here that wasn't in, for instance, Team Ninja's one Wii game: Other M (which, if it did nothing else right, had great graphics). And it's not one of those "Oh, Wii U is inferior" things, either, unless they built a whole new set of low-poly models (mostly stuff in the game environment, as characters look pretty good), it just doesn't look that detailed in a lot of places.

Or maybe i was expecting too much for my leap into HD gaming...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I've been watching videos of ZombiU and it seems pretty good (though I completely understand some of the criticisms).

PewDiePie's Let's Play of Scribblenauts Unlimited (PC version), however, is the stuff of legend. I'm totally going to buy it for PC if I can. If fate manages to stop me, I might consider the WiiU version. Definitely a "WOW" game if you go into it wth the right mind set. I will be killing hipster zombies with my collection of explosive memes. The zombies will say "rrarrgh I used that meme before 4chan got its hands on it grr" and I'll be all like "Nyan Cat, I choose you!" Then Nyan Cat suicide bombs the hipster zombies.

I want this game so bad. I might just attempt to make a video series on it, actually.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero