By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii U game makes you say WOW!

Pesmerga7551 said:
None. ZombiU is garbage. Only "good" games are multiplatform, and why buy a game on an inferior platform. Especially anything multiplayer related. So right now, they have no "wow" type titles. WiiU's best title is Mario, and that is old in feel. But then again, that is Nintendo's fault.

: /

Anyhow so far its been Nintendo Land, I was expecting it to be another Wii Sports....

Boy was I wrong.  Its a lotta fun, lots of depth, and can be hard as balls sometimes.

I really need to get back with ZombiU....

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

Whoops - I forgot Batman. It's multiplatform, but to me that means it's a "WOW" on multiple platforms.

By the way, fifteen Wii U launch games have received at least "generally favorable reviews" on Metacritic. By my standards, that constitutes a pretty good launch lineup with several games worth buying, in the likely scenario of a consumer not having previously played some of the multiplatform games, which are roughly the same graphically and generally have exclusive content or features (Batman and Trine 2 get it right). And the consumer is interested in Mario or other inevitable Nintendo releases.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Zombi U makes me go Wow! It's a great game, that uses the gamepad well. Anyone who says differently was expecting something different. Pikmin 3 is the game that really makes me go wow though, look at it, it looks beautiful. One of the best looking games I've seen. It's just so colorful. P-100 looks pretty good too. I really just hope we get some more games that use the gamepad well, rather than just pushing it to the side.

Nothing has really blown me away, yet. I've had a lot of fun with some games and the hardware is great but the Wii U doesn't have its own "Gears of War" or "Metal Gear 4", yet. Then again, we don't really get those titles at launch, these days.

Rayman Legends. I only played a demo of it at Best Buy and it had justified my preorder.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

ZombiU.

None & that's the issue for me. It's meant to be next-gen but I've yet to see "next-gen" quality. Been playing Planetside 2 and that's made me go WOW. But any game on the Wii U? Not yet.

Nntendo Land has definitely made me say WOW! I expected a Nintendo themed Wii sports like game that was tailored toward casual gaming. Boy was I wrong.

Nintendo Land is a near perfect game. The presentation is amazing! Each attraction perfectly captures the game world it represents. I was in awe playing through the Metroid and Zelda attractions, each new level brought fantastic settings and the perfect rush of nostalgia mixed with new designs. The music tops off  the presentation and is Superb! The new songs and the remixes of classic Nintendo songs are incredible.

Each of the 12 attractions is unique and provides plenty of depth and challenge. I love that the single player games are throwbacks to the NES era of gaming. The Balloon Trip Breeze attraction is reminiscent of Paperboy for the NES. The competative games are a blast to play and the cooperative games are definitely the meatiest attractions of the games.The motion controls in this game are near perfect. The shooting mechanics in Metroid Blast are godly, Zelda Battlequests Bow and Sword controls are flawless, and Pikmin's touch controls are immaculate. The only games that can be a problem is the F-Zero game as the controller will sometimes de-sync and

For me, Nintendo Land is a near perfect game. The biggest negative I can give the game is the lack of online mulitplayer. Other then some minor complaints and nuances the game sets out what it meant to do perfectly.

The biggest mistake you can make about Nintendo Land is writing it off as a another Wii Sports game. I believe that Nintendo Land is best the game on the Wii U. ( Yes, better then Mario and Zombi U) and is a game that every Wii U owner should get if they haven't already.

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

d21lewis said:
Nothing has really blown me away, yet. I've had a lot of fun with some games and the hardware is great but the Wii U doesn't have its own "Gears of War" or "Metal Gear 4", yet. Then again, we don't really get those titles at launch, these days.

We didn't get Gears or Metal Gear at the PS3 and 360 launches, either. Howdver, Wii had the dynamic duo of Wii Sports and Twilignt Princess - a potent combination akin to Tetris/Super Mario Land at the GameBoy launch.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Pesmerga7551 said:
None. ZombiU is garbage. Only "good" games are multiplatform, and why buy a game on an inferior platform. Especially anything multiplayer related. So right now, they have no "wow" type titles. WiiU's best title is Mario, and that is old in feel. But then again, that is Nintendo's fault.

You must be fun at parties.