By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NDS to be Highest Seller of All Time

thismeintiel said:
S.Peelman said:
^^
I guess we just need to wait to wait for official numbers (whenever they come, I guess March?). This speculating isn't getting us anywhere!

The newest numbers will come in Jan, prabably early Feb for Sony, though Sony will probably have the PS2 and PS3 numbers combined.  However, this isn't speculation.  It's just a cold hard fact that the PS2 is still millions ahead of the DS.  Uness, of course, you're a blind Nintendo fan and are hoping the PS2 didn't sell any units in the course of over a year, which includes 2 holiday seasons.  Then the DS will maybe tie with it at the end of the year.  Of course, sane people know that Sony has shipped well over a couple million PS2s in that time.  It will probably be closing in on, or maybe reach, 160M by the end of the year.

January/February. Okay thanks, looking forward to it.

Note, even though I'm a Nintendo-fan first and foremost I am not one of the blind ones (I realize this part wasn't directed at me, but a general statement). I played just as many other systems as I did Nintendo systems, I agree with the "PS2 is still millions ahead"-part.

Around the Network

Derp http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250616/nintendo-ds-is-the-king-of-video-games-passes-the-playstation-2/

S.Peelman said:
thismeintiel said:
S.Peelman said:
^^
I guess we just need to wait to wait for official numbers (whenever they come, I guess March?). This speculating isn't getting us anywhere!

The newest numbers will come in Jan, prabably early Feb for Sony, though Sony will probably have the PS2 and PS3 numbers combined.  However, this isn't speculation.  It's just a cold hard fact that the PS2 is still millions ahead of the DS.  Uness, of course, you're a blind Nintendo fan and are hoping the PS2 didn't sell any units in the course of over a year, which includes 2 holiday seasons.  Then the DS will maybe tie with it at the end of the year.  Of course, sane people know that Sony has shipped well over a couple million PS2s in that time.  It will probably be closing in on, or maybe reach, 160M by the end of the year.

January/February. Okay thanks, looking forward to it.

Note, even though I'm a Nintendo-fan first and foremost I am not one of the blind ones (I realize this part wasn't directed at me, but a general statement). I played just as many other systems as I did Nintendo systems, I agree with the "PS2 is still millions ahead"-part.

Yea, it wasn't directed at you, just those who are turning a blind eye to this situation.   Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being biased.  However, being biased is completely different to being blind to facts. 

Last year PS2 was still the best selling console in Brazil outselling not only the HD twins but the Nintendo DS as well.

Because of the rumor saying Sony was going the stoop manufacturing it I decided to check some of the biggest Brazilian on-line stores (walmart.com.br, americanas.com.br, uzgames.com.br... and price tracking sites like jacotei.com.br) to see the price and the availability of the console. Strangely, it seems that the shipments have ended since no one is selling the console anymore.

At least to me this do not make sense at all, why would Sony stop shipping the console that was the market leader? They even started to manufacture the PS2 here a couple of years ago.

Is there any other Brazilian here that can double check this information?

If this is true, I will start to believe that the DS will eventually become the best selling console all the time.

Jan-March 2012 Shipments -

PS2: 0.6 Million
NDS: 0.46 Million

Apr-July 2012 Shipments -

PS2: 1M to 1.1 Million. We know this, due to knowing what PS3 sold along with YoY % decrease in PS3 numbers.
NDS: 0.54 Million

The PS2 outshipped the DS in the first half of 2012.

Or did someone post this already?

Around the Network

Herp derp DS wins.

Why are people denying this?

"Shipped numbers" excuse just sounds more like sour grapes than anything.

Herp derp. :^|

jonnybmk said:
Herp derp DS wins.

You are such a Nintendo fanboy it's unbelievable.  You really think PS2 has sold nothing from 2011 Christmas-2012 Christmas?

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

jonnybmk said:
Herp derp DS wins.

So you think the PS2 hasn't even sold a single unit since July 2011 despite the fact Sony has Shipped well over 3.5 million since then and that doesn't even count the last 5 months of sales it's had? Hahahaha, derp.

platformmaster918 said:
jonnybmk said:
Herp derp DS wins.

1.) You are such a Nintendo fanboy it's unbelievable.

2.)You really think PS2 has sold nothing from 2011 Christmas-2012 Christmas?

1.) See my sig. I'm a Sony lover but like Nintendo handhelds as well.

2.) I can neither confirm nor deny actions I did not witness (Kirk). I'm just looking at sales numbers on a sales website.

So, one person who gets it! Why should Sony lie? This was no rumor! Think about it: If it really was a rumor, that the PS2 was discontinued Sony would have come out some days later and said it was false! As they did not you can asume it is true!