By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Million-Sellers Thread (Pokemon X/Y)

Tagged games:

How high will Global first-week sales of Pokemon X/Y be?

Over 5 million 50 52.08%

Between 4 and 5 million (BW=4.5) 22 22.92%

Between 3 and 4 million (DP=3.2) 6 6.25%

Between 2 and 3 million 4 4.17%

Less than 2 million 0 0%

Total:82
tbone51 said:

DanneSandin said:
Kid Icarus will get there, sooner or later... Perhaps even Star Fox 64.

Dragon Quest should make it, and maybe Fire Emblem could as well.

Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario, and how about Animal Crossing? Should't that be able to cross 1 million?

All in all I think we could see as many as 7 new million sellers next year, maybe more

Animal crossing is over 1.25mil might cross 2 mil by the end of jan without even releasing in other regions! That game i can safely say will have over 3mil lifetime at least! It can be even 4 mil when every region has it, good chance even more...

Haha my bad!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
FaintZ said:
DanneSandin said:
Kid Icarus will get there, sooner or later... Perhaps even Star Fox 64.
Dragon Quest should make it, and maybe Fire Emblem could as well.
Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario, and how about Animal Crossing? Should't that be able to cross 1 million?

All in all I think we could see as many as 7 new million sellers next year, maybe more

Look again :P

Man, I must be blind :p

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Chandler said:

Save yourself some work and add Monster Hunter 4 now.

Layton and Miracle Mask won't hit the million since it's given away for free in europe. I'll be getting it on January 1, the code sits in my Inbox.

Hahaha. I would, but I don't know the exact date or number it would be. There will certainly be at least a couple more titles to reach 1 million before its launch. May as well wait and get it right the first time.

As for Layton, I wouldn't be so sure. It's already 3/4 of the way to a million, and we're only halfway through the Holiday season. I didn't know it was being given away, though -- what's that promotion all about?

the_dengle said:
Chandler said:

Layton and Miracle Mask won't hit the million since it's given away for free in europe. I'll be getting it on January 1, the code sits in my Inbox.

Hahaha. I would, but I don't know the exact date or number it would be. There will certainly be at least a couple more titles to reach 1 million before its launch. May as well wait and get it right the first time.

As for Layton, I wouldn't be so sure. It's already 3/4 of the way to a million, and we're only halfway through the Holiday season. I didn't know it was being given away, though -- what's that promotion all about?

Basically, every 3DS XL buyer from launch until january 15 gets a 3DS game as download for free. You can choose between Super Mario 3D Land, Layton, Style Savvy, Freakyforms and Art Academy. Almost everyone I know goes for Layton sicne they already own Mario and are not that interested in the rest.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
the_dengle said:
Chandler said:

Basically, every 3DS XL buyer from launch until january 15 gets a 3DS game as download for free. You can choose between Super Mario 3D Land, Layton, Style Savvy, Freakyforms and Art Academy. Almost everyone I know goes for Layton sicne they already own Mario and are not that interested in the rest.

After the promotion, though, it could easily make the million...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Chandler said:

Damn, that's a nice deal. And I guess you're right -- Miracle Mask looks like the slowest-selling Layton game yet in Europe. It could still break a million, but considering previous games have always sold over 2 million, the goalposts are set a little higher than 1.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Passes 4 Million Sales, 1 Million in Europe:

New Super Mario Bros. 2 passed 4 million sales globally and 1 million in Europe the week ending December 15, becoming the third 3DS title to accomplish both feats, after Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. These are also the only three 3DS titles to sell one million units in each of the three major regions. Additionally, this week New Super 2 surpassed the SNES game Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island in lifetime sales.

The milestone of 4 million global sales was reached in the game's 21st week. Despite the accomplishment, the game's predecessor, New Super Mario Bros. for DS, reached the same milestone in under half the time -- just 10 weeks. By its 21st week, NSMB had already sold over 6 million units. Both were released about at about the same time in their respective consoles' cycles, to roughly the same install bases. NSMB was released in late May-June 2006, while NSMB2 was released this past July-August.

Although experiencing undeniably slower sales than previous iterations, it is clear that New Super Mario Bros. 2, like other games in the subseries, will be dependent on long legs for high sales. Long-term expectations for the 3DS installment are that it will continue to follow a similar trend to the DS installment and ultimately exceed 20 million sales after several years.

Mini-update:

New Super Mario Bros. 2 passed 5 million sales globally the week ending December 29th, just two weeks after passing 4 million. It reached the new milestone in its 23rd week on sale, whereas the DS New Super Mario Bros. reached 5 million in just 14 weeks. By its 23rd week, the DS title had sold over 6.25 million copies, and was heading into its first Holiday season, which would propel it to 8 million sales by week 32.

In other news:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf's Japanese debut has been a resounding success. Even without counting the game's reportedly considerable digital sales, it is tracking over 500k units ahead of Wild World, its DS predecessor, after 10 weeks. By week 7, it had already outsold Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Monster Hunter 3G in lifetime sales, and in its 8th week (the week ending December 30 in Japan), it became the first 3DS title to pass 2 million physical sales in Japan.

I heard that Super Street Fighter IV for 3DS already sold 1m but I guess that wasn't correct? That or it's undertracked, I really wouldn't know.

MDMAlliance said:
I heard that Super Street Fighter IV for 3DS already sold 1m but I guess that wasn't correct? That or it's undertracked, I really wouldn't know.

VGChartz may not be very accurate a lot of the time, but it's the simplest and easiest-to-use site of its kind. I figure it's close enough, and after all, we're here; we may as well use their numbers.

If there's a legit source -- Capcom or something -- claiming the game has sold a million, by all means throw it at me and it'll put it in the OP!

3DS might get 4 new million sellers by the end of the year. Pokemon Rumble Blast, Kid Icarus, Professor Layton, and Paper Mario.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3