By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who Is This For? The Sony Problem And Solution

animegaming said:
sony and nintendo fail in one big thing this trying to get both hardcore and casual (their fanbases don't count) while nintendo got all of the casuals this gen and sony got all of the core and M$ is the only one who somehow manage to get both

I disagree.....Sony has just as much casual gamers that think they are hardcore because they play games with M rated titles. Just look at how much people buy and play COD on PS3.

Around the Network
keroncoward said:
animegaming said:
sony and nintendo fail in one big thing this trying to get both hardcore and casual (their fanbases don't count) while nintendo got all of the casuals this gen and sony got all of the core and M$ is the only one who somehow manage to get both

I disagree.....Sony has just as much casual gamers that think they are hardcore because they play games with M rated titles. Just look at how much people buy and play COD on PS3.

true i usually do count those people who just buy games like cod, madden, or fifa. and won't play any other games casual gamers 

"These examples encapsulate the problem that Sony’s had over these past years. Sony doesn’t have a clear idea who they’re marketing to. "

Been saying that for years. They need to fire their marketing department and hire a new one. It is seriously sinking the company.

People say PSP Go was a stupid idea, but I actually kind of liked it. I just wish it were 64 gb and the games were cheaper.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
People say PSP Go was a stupid idea, but I actually kind of liked it. I just wish it were 64 gb and the games were cheaper.

A digital only PSP wasn't a bad idea.  A digital only PSP that was $250 with no way to transfer UMD games to it... now that was a bad idea.  

Around the Network

15 mln move isnt that bad. Considering a bad product market fit. Its more like a failure to innovate which indicates something is wrong between marketing and r&d.

animegaming said:

lol which is why they are at near partiy in terms of sales....

Glad to see you didn't write the article JWeinCom. It's bad, real bad. I'll tear it apart product by product.

PSP Go: The article starts off good with this one. The PSP Go had a very limited market and of course would not sell millions. I could go on and on how the Go wasn't a full out failure for Sony, but that's off topic. This article is purely looking at sales only.

PlayStation Move: In the last two lines the writer quickly brings up the real problem with Move: software. The market for Move is actually much larger than the article makes it sound. Move had the potential to be "Wii HD" and steal a lot of Wii gamers as well as convert some hardcore PS3 loyalists. We all know it didn't, but that wasn't due to a lack of an audience.

Xperia Play: It was a jack of all trades yet a master of none; I'd consider it a PSP go 1.5. Again like most of Sony's products if advertised and supported correctly, it could have been a natural upgrade for a guy with a PSP and a flip phone.

PlayStation 3D Display: I agree. However was selling the screen really the whole goal? By having this display marketed and demoed it also sold people on PS3 3D gaming. The whole product itself was an advertisement.

PlayStation Vita: As you'd expect I have the most to say about this one. This writer cleverly lumped all of Vita's problems into the basket of "it haz n0 gaemz." If he did any research whatsoever he would know what he's saying is wrong. I only play my Vita at home ten feet away from my PS3. As Wii U owners are figuring out, playing a console game in your hands is nice. Will ports like PSASBR convince people to buy a Vita? Probably not, but they are something a large market would enjoy. Beyond that though most Vita games aren't even ports. I'm getting kinda lazy describing this over and over but seriously people, do your research.

In fact I've become lazy on this reply. Just imagine I ended it with an awesome conclusion.

Very well written article with very good points. I love Sony, but they really need to get their head out of their posterior.

good read. very intresting

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA