By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does it seem like the vita is getting more games than the 3ds?

Because NOA sucks. That is all.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
pezus said:
Player2 said:

If you have been following the industry the last years you should know that lots of third parties love to put their resources in games for the strongest system that is selling less than the competition so they can close studios and fire people.

You do know that Vita development is supposed to be very cheap and easy, right? 

3DS development should be as cheap as Vita development or more, and 3DS does have a bigger userbase. So the chance of losing money by making Vita games is higher than by making 3DS games, even if it is small.

pezus said:
33 games for Vita with 75 or above on Metacritic. 38 for 3DS and that's with one more year on the market.

9 months.

Btw... using metacritic to measure quality, you should go to Ragnarok Oddysey thread to troll then a bit!I think you'll have a great time, looks like your kind of fun :)

VicViper said:
pezus said:
33 games for Vita with 75 or above on Metacritic. 38 for 3DS and that's with one more year on the market.

9 months.

Btw... using metacritic to measure quality, you should go to Ragnarok Oddysey thread to troll then a bit!I think you'll have a great time, looks like your kind of fun :)

Yet he almost bought a 3DS.

pezus said:

11 months*. 

Hey, it's the only proper way to do a comparison.

9 months, or it released in japan with no games at all?
Only comparison that matters is sales, imo. All the rest is subjective.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Player2 said:
VicViper said:
pezus said:

9 months.

Yet he almost bought a 3DS.

Don't see what that has to do with my post. Jaywood uses Metacritic for quality measurements and he said 3DS had more quality games so I decided to count them. I did not include my own opinion in there.

The Vita is getting games with high metascore at a faster pace than the 3DS. However people is buying the 3DS, and even you were interested in it. Nintendo must be using dark magic or something.

ryuzaki57 said:
Because Nintendo 1st party games are already choking 3rd parties' business on 3DS. Look at Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney...

Yeah, cherrypick one title and ignore all the other 3rd party games that put up decent numbers in 2012.  And PLvAA has only been out for one week and outsold Animal Crossing.  You're just spewing garbage, ryuzaki.

spurgeonryan said:

Every time i look at the vita thread there is a new announcement, game, dlc, etc. How can a sytem that is struggling so bad get more dev. business than the 3DS? Does sony have some hold on devs? Does not seem like something they would do.

There's your perception, spurge... and then there's reality.  3DS is getting the LIONS SHARE of support.  If you really looked this up, you'd see.  Plus, Chandler makes a great point about every Vita release being celebrated.  Also, a lot of the good stuff hasn't come over here yet from Japan. 

spurgeonryan said:

Every time i look at the vita thread there is a new announcement, game, dlc, etc. How can a sytem that is struggling so bad get more dev. business than the 3DS? Does sony have some hold on devs? Does not seem like something they would do.

Seriously, spurge... what are you talking about?  What new announcments?  DLC?  Seems you're paying attention to the Sony threads and not the Nintendo ones because there's been plenty of announcements and DLC.  Hell, Nintendo just talked about NSMB2 DLC in a Nintendo Direct just yesterday.

bananaking21 said:
because it is getting more games that the 3ds...

pezus said:

Metacritic is a western website. And if you want to only compare Japan vs. Japan that would be 10 months.

That reviews japanese games too, and those games existed before western vita launch.

And it's not 10 months complete. So, 9.

bananaking21 said:
because it is getting more games that the 3ds...

Can you provide a list to show this exactly.  All I've seen recently are a bunch of ports announced.  Ports count though.