By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fanboys, I just don't get it

kitler53 said:
DanneSandin said:
kitler53 said:
people who like to chide me for having opinions... i just don't get it.

i have a favorite football team. i have a favorite hockey team. i have a favorite movie. i have a favorite book. i have a favorite band. i have a favorite food. i have a favorite phone. i have a favorite beer. i have a favorite clothing store. i have a favorite pop (soda).

and you know what!?! i like to talk about it. don't want to hear peoples opinions on video games?? let me kindly suggest you avoid a video game based forum...

The difference is though, that you don't bash other bears you don't like, you don't bash other movies, or books, other bands (except Bieber; that's some legit criticism), or different kind of food. Right? Of course people have their favorite system, but do we really need to bash the other ones? It's plain stupid.

bears suck.

Haha of course I'm talking about BEER :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
one thing you left about about fanboys is they can also be delusional.

They predict outragous numbers and when for example Sony is in huge financial trouble atm, still expect them to make a 10x more pwoerful system and sell it at a huge loss.

Oh, you nailed it! haha lol!

JayWood2010 said:
I've been called a fanboy from all parties so it hardly surprises me anymore. People need to just play games and get over console wars.

+1!!

dahuman said:
DanneSandin said:
pezus said:
DanneSandin said:
pezus said:
DanneSandin said:
I think the OP is spot on!

And that every PC gamer is a fanboy considering this description ^^

Which would mean the OP can't be spot on and we have a contradiction in your post!

THE woerst case of fanboyism ^^

But not all PC gamers can call themselves part of the Master Race

you see, youre even fanboyic against other fellow pc gamers! awful, just... awful...

I'm totally part of that master race though.

and thus a fanboy by default ;D

MoHasanie said:
kain_kusanagi said:
MoHasanie said:
I'm a fan of the 360, but sometimes I really wish I also owned the PS3.

The worst fan boys are those that actually defend Microsoft charging $60 for Xbox Live!!!

What if you'd rather not pay for Xbox Live, but don't really care because you know you spend more than that a year on gum?

I don't chew gum. And, defending Xbox Live is silly cause playstation owners can play online for free.

Like I said, I'd prefer it to be free. But it doesn't matter because $50 a year is nothing. I probably lose that in bank fees in year. Or spend that a week on soda. I'd rather not have to pay, but it's such a small fee I don't think about it unless someone else complains.

In a perfect world I wouldn't have to pay for any of the things I enjoy. Since this world is flawed I've gotten used to paying for stuff.

BTW, you should give gum a try. It tastes good, it's fun and the minty kind freshens your breath. Oh and it costs practically nothing.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
kain_kusanagi said:
MoHasanie said:

The worst fan boys are those that actually defend Microsoft charging $60 for Xbox Live!!!

What if you'd rather not pay for Xbox Live, but don't really care because you know you spend more than that a year on gum?

I don't chew gum. And, defending Xbox Live is silly cause playstation owners can play online for free. 

but this doesn't mean both deliver the same service an service-quality. but here we go aagain... a famous fanboy-topic to argue about in a thread about fanboys... perfect performance, sir.

kain_kusanagi said:
MoHasanie said:
kain_kusanagi said:
MoHasanie said:

Like I said, I'd prefer it to be free. But it doesn't matter because $50 a year is nothing. I probably lose that in bank fees in year. Or spend that a week on soda. I'd rather not have to pay, but it's such a small fee I don't think about it unless someone else complains.

In a perfect world I wouldn't have to pay for any of the things I enjoy. Since this world is flawed I've gotten used to paying for stuff.

BTW, you should give gum a try. It tastes good, it's fun and the minty kind freshens your breath. Oh and it costs practically nothing.

Well, you're right, but with $60 you could buy a brand new game so why spend that for playing online when you can get that for free on the playstation? 

haha, I used to love gum but it hurts my jaw now when I chew it for too long, and I've never been able to blow bubbles with bubble gum :( 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

walsufnir said:
MoHasanie said:
kain_kusanagi said:
MoHasanie said:

but this doesn't mean both deliver the same service an service-quality. but here we go aagain... a famous fanboy-topic to argue about in a thread about fanboys... perfect performance, sir.

Really?! I actually didn't know that Xbox Live was better quality than PSN. I've never really researched PSN, but all I know is that its free. If you are right about the quality of Live being better, than paying $60 isn't that bad afterall. :) 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
walsufnir said:
MoHasanie said:
kain_kusanagi said:
MoHasanie said:

Really?! I actually didn't know that Xbox Live was better quality than PSN. I've never really researched PSN, but all I know is that its free. If you are right about the quality of Live being better, than paying $60 isn't that bad afterall. :)

you said: "Really?! I actually didn't know that Xbox Live was better quality than PSN."

where did i state this? please try to read and understand what people write before assuming what people might think or mean. but we should quit this now as it is off-topic.

Look what I received from mods because my post here.

"You are receiving this message for violation of forum rules regarding Flaming (I'm pretty sure that you were being sarcastic here, but there are rules about calling individuals on this site fanboys. Please don't do it again.) [Post Reference] Please review the forum rules here to avoid future moderation action."

Unbelievable because I'm not flaming or anything else... I really like to talk with the guys I listed and I really to talk with fanboys because it's way more interesting.

What the mods wants? To transform VGC in the most boring thing ever? Sorry but I don't get that.

People have opinions and love things... so discuss these love things is AMAZING and make me fell like the funking world is wonderful and so interesting.

PS. I miss @seece... it was the best 360 man in this site... and I'd be happy to be called a PS3 fanboy... there is nothing bad with this... I think people need to grow up here because be or not be fanboy doesn't hurt anybody.