By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New system update 625mb

Mmmfishtacos said:

Things arn't loading faster. That's my point. Other's can claim what they wan't but it's still slow.

chillax... it was probably for the bug that caused the system to freeze.. not menu loading. I mean do you seriously think Nintendo put out a half a gig patch to do nothing?

Around the Network

There must have been serious stress on the server. Longest update ever. Longer than most PS3 updates, even.

Theres definitely a problem with the size of these updates, at this rate owners of the basic 8GB system rate won't even have enough space to install future hardware updates. I guess some sort of external memory is more or less mandatory.

Its almost like getting a new console every day; "Wii New"

Wonder if this will stop my miiverse freezing

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Theres definitely a problem with the size of these updates, at this rate owners of the basic 8GB system rate won't even have enough space to install future hardware updates. I guess some sort of external memory is more or less mandatory.

Those updates don't use space on the internal storages. They only used to update the system and will be deleted after.

teigaga said:

Why do people keep saying this?

The updates/patches will never affect your amount of free storage. It doesn't add to the existing, it repaces existing. So the 500mb last night replaced 500mb of existing code. The OS footprint likely stayed 99.5% identical.

Mmmfishtacos said:
MDMAlliance said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
osed125 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
It's not any faster. So what did this half a gig update do? Tvii isn't there either. And I'm sorry download, restart install ( took longer than the download) and restart is sad for a machine in 2012. Nintendo need to get a handle on this.

Just like every PC?

Really? So your pc needs to be restarted manually after you download new software for it to start installing it and then restart yet again? If that's what your pc does I don't want anything to do with it.

Both my vita and Ps3 restart only after installing the software and it does it on its own.

This is such a small thing to complain about.  It's like complaining about having to sit up to reach the controller on the arm of the couch.  

Sorry if i expect it to work better than current systems out now. Plus a half a gig download? For what? it didn't do anything.

So, because you don't know what it was for, you are content to claim that it did nothing at all.  Superb logic.

Mmmfishtacos said:
MDMAlliance said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
MDMAlliance said:

This is such a small thing to complain about.  It's like complaining about having to sit up to reach the controller on the arm of the couch.  

Sorry if i expect it to work better than current systems out now. Plus a half a gig download? For what? it didn't do anything.

Work better?  This has nothing to do with performance.  Claiming it did nothing is ignorance as well.  It also seems like others are claiming that things are loading faster.  

Things arn't loading faster. That's my point. Other's can claim what they wan't but it's still slow.

Oh yeah? Herp, derp duuuurr, der herp-a-dur... dur hur. Your argument is invalid.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Mandalore76 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
MDMAlliance said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
osed125 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
It's not any faster. So what did this half a gig update do? Tvii isn't there either. And I'm sorry download, restart install ( took longer than the download) and restart is sad for a machine in 2012. Nintendo need to get a handle on this.

Just like every PC?

Really? So your pc needs to be restarted manually after you download new software for it to start installing it and then restart yet again? If that's what your pc does I don't want anything to do with it.

Both my vita and Ps3 restart only after installing the software and it does it on its own.

So, because you don't know what it was for, you are content to claim that it did nothing at all.  Superb logic.

Over half a gig download, Do you understand that? That showed no improvement on my end. None. Nintendo is behind the times on how to update a system. Plain and simple. If you fine with it, that's cool. But I'm not.  It's only been out two weeks, and it's killed my internet cap. To show no noticeable improvement over what was there before. If you can't understand whats bad about this then I guess we can just stop talking about it.