By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu Wii U reviews

spurgeonryan said:
Romance of the three kingdoms!

Looks like the japanese are going to go gaga over the wiiu!

Cannot wait for all the strange you tube videos of all the weird things they discover to do with it!

Sales should be great! People we have to have a japan line thread.

Have not played one of those in quite a long time.  Its amazing what you can figure out how to do in those games.... :)

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
And those numbers refer to...

Famitsu uses 4 different reviewers for each game and the 4 numbers are the overall score given by each of the 4 reviewers. The 4 scores aggregate together into a score out of x/40.

It tons down the bias (negative or positive) of any particular reviewer... just like Game Rankings or Meta Critic aggregate scores try to do.

Sal.Paradise said:
ishiki said:
LemonSlice said:
Wow Ninja Gaiden 3 got 36 as it was? What is their scoring range, 35 to 40?

Demon souls got a 32 there scores are nonsense. I haven't read many of their reviews though. My Japanese is blah.

Actually Demon's Souls got a 29/40. Then its largely similar sequel, this time with a marketing budget behind it, got 37/40.

Lol, Famitsu.

New game design reviewed under deadline = unfair scores

Game design understood, now appreciated... sequel gets higher scores (plus sequel was better in many things).

cusman said:
Sal.Paradise said:
ishiki said:
LemonSlice said:
Wow Ninja Gaiden 3 got 36 as it was? What is their scoring range, 35 to 40?

Demon souls got a 32 there scores are nonsense. I haven't read many of their reviews though. My Japanese is blah.

Actually Demon's Souls got a 29/40. Then its largely similar sequel, this time with a marketing budget behind it, got 37/40.

Lol, Famitsu.

New game design reviewed under deadline = unfair scores

Game design understood, now advertised and hyped in the magazine ... sequel gets higher scores (plus sequel was better in many things).

Fixed. 

spurgeonryan said:
Romance of the three kingdoms!

Looks like the japanese are going to go gaga over the wiiu!

Cannot wait for all the strange you tube videos of all the weird things they discover to do with it!

Sales should be great! People we have to have a japan line thread.

Not really, it's on PS3 as well but the op only posted the Wii U review. With Koei's fan base and Online VS mode Via PSN, the PS3 version should fare better.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
Famitsu is literally garbage when it comes to consistent scoring.

I would argue that nearly any reviewer or reviewing agency for videogames are like this.  I started not caring much about scores (or at least not letting it dictate whether or not I should buy a game) when I started seeing great games get low scores (coming from pretty much anywhere) and horrible games getting great scores.  

MDMAlliance said:
Chandler said:
Famitsu is literally garbage when it comes to consistent scoring.

I would argue that nearly any reviewer or reviewing agency for videogames are like this.  I started not caring much about scores (or at least not letting it dictate whether or not I should buy a game) when I started seeing great games get low scores (coming from pretty much anywhere) and horrible games getting great scores.  

But famitsu is really obvious with the bullshit. I mean Tekken Tag 2 on Wii U is literally the same game from PS360 + additional content, but gets a lower score. Monster Hunter 3G gets HD textures, 1080p, free Online Multiplayer and 3DS Crossplay and gets scored less. Also, their 4 reviewer system is great in theory but blatantly misused in this case. I mean, have you ever seen the individual scores to actually diverge by more than 1 or 2 points? It's like 4 clones of the same person review the games every single time. It would be way more believable if one of them would pull a Sterling once in a while.

I mean, really?

Resident Evil 6 (PS3/360) – 10/10/10/9

Really? REALLY? How big is the chance of getting 4 completely unbiased people to independently review the game and absolutely LOVE it?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

so the crapper version of Ninja Gaiden is better than the better version of Ninja Gaidon?

lol

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Really good scores..

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Tekken Tag might be the exact game as the other versions, but with a crappier online experience and fewer people playing online, as well as a different controller, I could see why it could get a lower score.

In addition, the versions of TTT2 may have been reviewed by different people.