By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WiiU sells less than Vita in UK, we need to talk about it.

CCFanboy said:
I didn't actually mean to break any rules with that but that did come off as trollish. The fact about this is the creator of this thread is causing drama when it is nothing to cause drama about. The reports have said that retailers are selling out so this seems to be more of a stock issue. Nothing more.

I just thought it deserved to be talked about, nothing more nothing less.

Around the Network

A fair few moderations in this thread

But seriously, it hasn't had a huge marketing campaign and it's going for ridiculously expensive in certain shops (I've seen a couple of bundle going for £400+) so it's likely supply constrained too. Either that or retailers are taking the piss.

CCFanboy said:

It seems to be a supply thing. I am giving it 10 weeks and then I will be able to tell you which one is the bigger flop here. 10 weeks is how long it took vita to reach 100,000 so which ever reaches that number faster is the winner. Something tells me it will be wii u. This is strictly a supply thing.

I will also repeat the point that they only expected 25,000 units so they beat their target shipments. They have done well here.

Hahaha, so you are already sure that the wii u will flop? 

pathetic.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

I can only conclude one thing from my analysis...

Nintendo is teh doom3d!!!1

benji232 said:

Hahaha, so you are already sure that the wii u will flop? 

pathetic.

No. That was a joke. People here are saying wii u will fail even though it looks to have had a successful launch so far. It isn't flopping. Selling out in the uk is something that hasn't happened since kinect launched so that isn't a failure.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

Around the Network

Well that isn't a good sign....we'll see how it sells in the following weeks

kowenicki said:
dsgrue3 said:
kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:
babuks said:
kowenicki said:
Another thread trying to glean something massive from one weeks sales. Excellent. There seems to be a common denominator in all of them.

This, just stop. All of these "we need to talk about it" threads are nothing but trolling. All of them should have been locked immediately.

agreed

you... see a little fire in the forest... go to it and drop some gas on it to make it a bit more hot...
after its all burning up
you get your chest all inflated and say "call the fire squad, this must be putted down!"

LOL just LOL...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I still think Wii U will probably sell out most of the stock they can ship through the holidays, though it won't be the frenzy the original Wii was (not even close).

After the holidays though I think it will drop like a rock and Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101 unfortunately aren't going to change that.

Nintendo will probably be forced to cut the price by next spring/summer by $50.

maybe the fuss generated by ''WiiU completely sold out'' is not negative at all, so who knows, maybe it was on purpose

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^