By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that make you cry

Tagged games:

Has a game made you cry?

Yes 27 71.05%

Not yet 11 28.95%

Total:38

Mother 3: Claus and Hinawa dying.

Chrono Cross: Kid getting stabbed by "Serge".

Xenoblade:Fiora apparently dying.

Arc Rise Fantasia: Niko sacrificing himself for his friends despite being a coward.

Just ones on the top of my head.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network

Xenosaga 3's ending

Shadow Hearts Covenant's ending.

These 2 made me cry >_

You are the answer to every prayer I've offered.

You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.

Wagram said:
ToraReaper said:
Chark said:
ToraReaper said:
I almost thought about crying at the end of Crisis Core.

I cry everyday Square Enix doesn't put that game on the PS Store. I really want to play that.

You can always wipe those tears away and become a swashbuckling software pirate!

or pay $10 and just buy it....

No PSP, so the cost would be too high and it will be neglected for my Vita as soon as I finish, so no point. I need to find someone who has a PSP.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

when tidus faded away! how sad.

Lots of others made me choke up however.

ICO is the most emotionally invested I've ever been in a game. It completely overwhelmed me. I bought ICO when it was released, yet I can still recall exactly how I felt at certain moments. Leaning against Yorda to save the game (still the best save ever), scaling the cliffs with nothing but the sound of the wind, the heartbreak of watching Yorda push that boat. The bridge scene, especially, made my jaw drop. I remember clearly sitting there, numb, as she tried her best to hold on. At that moment, I was no longer playing to "win" a game, I was playing because I desperately wanted to save this tragic girl. It was personal, as crazy as that sounds.

Brilliant, brilliant game. I honestly don't think it's yet been surpassed in gaming as an experience.

Valkyria Chronicles. I won't lie, that game gutted me. I cried. I didn't touch it for like two days but it stayed on my mind anyway. One of the best games of this generation, though it still makes me sad to think about. I honestly don't know if I can replay it.

Suikoden III. The end just got to me. My favorite character in the game, damn it. It was just so tragic and felt so unnecessary. I wanted so badly to change things.

Final Fantasy VI. I admit that I had a crush on Celes. The Opera House segment was one of the most brilliant in gaming. Amazing how fantastic writing can make even sprites seem human. So many incredible moments in that game.

Around the Network

well when i was a kid i couldnt handle the 2nd boss in Yoshi's Island.

i just couldn't do it. i remember tossing the controller at my aunt out of fear because the boss was just too overwhelming when i was younger. I was able 2 fight the boss on my own like a few weeks later though

now on to the serious stuff

The only games that have EVER came close/brought me to tears was Kingdom Hearts 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Idk what it is about Kingdom Hearts 2's ending that makes me feel weird. I always feel some type of way during that ending. it's mainly the part when Sora and Kairi touch hands with the combination of the music dropping and the credits. It didn't officially make me cry but it was definitely the 1st game to ever make feel some type of way. I was talking to a friend back in Highschool about it and i was like "blah blah blah the ending almost made me want to cry" and then he replied "dude, that is the gayest thing i've ever heard you say" so i always avoided telling people about it. Then i ran into the Kingdom Hearts 2 ending while browsing on youtube like 2 years later and seen that there were other people who felt the same way about the ending. I didnt feel alone anymore lol

now MGS4 is the only game that i have EVER played that brought me to actual tears. I was COMPLETELY caught off guard. It was when i got to shadow Moses island and seen the facility in the background. It happened immediately. I actually stopped and sat the controller on the floor as the tears came down. I couldn't believe that a game brought me to tears like that. I wasn't boo hoo crying but the tears were definitely there. I started playing again but i had another moment when i walked near the facility security camera and it fell to the ground because of it being so old.

I remember enjoying it though. I said to myself "this is the reason why i'm a gamer! Moments like these!" I became infactuated by the fact that a game could pull somebody into the story like that to the point where it could make them cry. I was going to make a thread about it on here to see what other games did the same to other people

I dont think there will ever be another game that can do this again

Chark said:
ToraReaper said:
I almost thought about crying at the end of Crisis Core.

I cry everyday Square Enix doesn't put that game on the PS Store. I really want to play that.

This.

And bring Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 to PSN also. 

You are the answer to every prayer I've offered.

You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.

Every time Peach got kidnapped, I cried.

Metal Gear Solid 4. I loved that freaking game. I came close with MGS 3, but managed to keep it all in and preserve my manly man manhood.

I dare not read the other posts in this thread for fear of spoilers, but I will add three games that made me tear up most recently.

BioShock
Metal Gear Solid 3
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword