By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many 10 Million sellers will the Wii U have?

DanneSandin said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Nintendo Land should be able to do it.

And that's it??

Probably not, but it's the only bundle right now. Aren't all the big sellers are Wii bundles. It seems like bundles are the path to success.

Around the Network

100 million mwahahahahahahahaha!

C'mon guys man up.

The Wii U will have 15 10m+ selling titles.

G'day.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I expect at least 6 or 7. Most of them will have "Mario" in the title, or will at least have Mario in the game.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

NSMBU
Mario Kart U
Nintendo Land (if continue being bundled)

That's all.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

None, unless they bundle a game like they did with Wii Sports.

NSMBU
NSMBU 2
Nintendo land
mario kart
mario 3d
mario 3d 2
wii fit U
wii U sport
COD: black ops 3 extra clip U edition

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

SaviorX said:
C'mon guys man up.

The Wii U will have 15 10m+ selling titles.

G'day.

psh, my prediction was more manly!

Gamerace said:
Mandalore76 said:

I keep hearing people bash the Gamepad as a "non-innovation".  Having used the Gamepad, not just for gaming, but for everything else it can do on the system, it tremendously impoves your experience interfacing with the console and all it's capabilities.  In my opinion, not using a Gamepad controller on any other next gen system will feel like a step backwards at this point.

It's a non-innovation because Nintendo has long admitted to having considered this very idea for Wii (based off DS's success) but for various reasons decided it wouldn't be a good idea.   They went with the Wiimote instead which won them the generation hands-down.

So what do they do with WiiU?  Enhance or reimagine motion controls? No.  Add something else (halograms? head tracking?) to make it even more immersive? No. Surprise us with something totally new?  No.   The pick up the disgarded 7 year old idea, brush it off and call it a day.   

This is non-innovative.  6 years ago, it would have seemed like a DS home console but would still be seen as a lot more novel than it is today when people already own multiple touch screen devices.  Now it comes across as a poor 'me-too' instead of something original.

Plus what happened to motion controls?  After revolutioning the industry and creating all new types of game play they are just tossing it aside (mostly)?  This is folly.  This allows MS to carry that banner going forward, (while apeing much of the gamepads features via Smartglass) and taking some of Wii's audience with it.

Have you personally used a Wii U?  The motion controls are still there.  The Wii motes are compatible, the only console I know of that you don't have to go out and buy all new controllers for.  And, the Gamepad itself utilizes motion controlls which is evident from the very pack-in title (Nintendoland) that comes with the Deluxe package.   So, motion controlls have not been kicked aside for a "7 year old idea".  For me, it's not like having a DS home console, it's like having a console packed with a mini laptop.

axumblade said:
At least 3.

Nintendoland, New Super Mario Bros Wii U and a the 3D platforming Mario game that's inevitable.

Those are the main ones guaranteed.

i don't think 3D mario is inevitably a 10M seller.  mario galaxy barely broke 10M and galaxy 2 is apparently under 7M right now.

...now mario kart.  that one is inevitably 10M.

and i agree with nintendeland and NSMBwU.