By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Gran Turismo is not only a video game; it’s a movement" - Kazunori Yamauchi Interview

Tagged games:

Nsanity said:
Not siding with Player2, but werent reviewers complaining about the sound being off in GT5?

Some but little reviews have complained about the car's sound (even the hateful 7 or less score)... the reviews have some complain about the sound is because it is not strong or lacks grunt... the sound is not to be a expesive holywood production to facinate everyone... it's to look more close possible to real-life.

GT5 try to match the intensity that the sound is real... not less neither more.

Just watch the videos with sound comparision I posted... of course you need a good quality sound system because the tv sound is terrible.



Around the Network

By now GT6 should have been announced. Pretty sure it will come on PS3 since there are already 70 million PS3 users. They simple ignore other racing games and they do their own thing on their own time which is frustating



 

I'm not sure how this is a "good" interview. The delusions of grandeur from Japanese developers still hasn't stopped, that or their use of English "giant fish approaching" type language hasn't improved.

Not sure if that's a problem with the developer's intent to deceive or his english translation skills so won't go further with that, but I'll say the few Japanese people I know who live in Japan don't talk like this and they have only been to basic English schooling.

In regards to his comments on the complaints of engine sounds in GT5.

What a load of rubbish, "the problem is they sound too real"?

NO.

The problem is they sound fake. The reason they sound fake is because they were recording in isolation without allowing ambient sound interference to mix with the sounds as they naturally would in real life, because when watch racing in real life or on TV, they aren't racing in a simulator.

He has basically used spin to make it sound the reverse. So yes, the sounds are pure and I'm sure correct but they are completely missing environmental variables that any ACCURATE racing game should be portraing.

This is purely a criticism of his bullshit language instead of conceding a point that can't possible be argued with any intelligent person. It is not a criticism of the game because engine sounds aren't that important. But the truth would be appreciated, especially when we are talking about a game released over a year ago where the truth isn't going to hurt sales or give a negative view from potential buyers.

Even Peter "bullshitter" Molyneux comes clean after release!



fillet said:

I'm not sure how this is a "good" interview. The delusions of grandeur from Japanese developers still hasn't stopped, that or their use of English "giant fish approaching" type language hasn't improved.

Not sure if that's a problem with the developer's intent to deceive or his english translation skills so won't go further with that, but I'll say the few Japanese people I know who live in Japan don't talk like this and they have only been to basic English schooling.

In regards to his comments on the complaints of engine sounds in GT5.

What a load of rubbish, "the problem is they sound too real"?

NO.

The problem is they sound fake. The reason they sound fake is because they were recording in isolation without allowing ambient sound interference to mix with the sounds as they naturally would in real life, because when watch racing in real life or on TV, they aren't racing in a simulator.

He has basically used spin to make it sound the reverse. So yes, the sounds are pure and I'm sure correct but they are completely missing environmental variables that any ACCURATE racing game should be portraing.

This is purely a criticism of his bullshit language instead of conceding a point that can't possible be argued with any intelligent person. It is not a criticism of the game because engine sounds aren't that important. But the truth would be appreciated, especially when we are talking about a game released over a year ago where the truth isn't going to hurt sales or give a negative view from potential buyers.

Even Peter "bullshitter" Molyneux comes clean after release!

You sound so angry all the time.



 

ethomaz said:

The DeltaWing car look cool to drive too.

yess it does.

i'd love to see Moto GP as well



Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
fillet said:

I'm not sure how this is a "good" interview. The delusions of grandeur from Japanese developers still hasn't stopped, that or their use of English "giant fish approaching" type language hasn't improved.

Not sure if that's a problem with the developer's intent to deceive or his english translation skills so won't go further with that, but I'll say the few Japanese people I know who live in Japan don't talk like this and they have only been to basic English schooling.

In regards to his comments on the complaints of engine sounds in GT5.

What a load of rubbish, "the problem is they sound too real"?

NO.

The problem is they sound fake. The reason they sound fake is because they were recording in isolation without allowing ambient sound interference to mix with the sounds as they naturally would in real life, because when watch racing in real life or on TV, they aren't racing in a simulator.

He has basically used spin to make it sound the reverse. So yes, the sounds are pure and I'm sure correct but they are completely missing environmental variables that any ACCURATE racing game should be portraing.

This is purely a criticism of his bullshit language instead of conceding a point that can't possible be argued with any intelligent person. It is not a criticism of the game because engine sounds aren't that important. But the truth would be appreciated, especially when we are talking about a game released over a year ago where the truth isn't going to hurt sales or give a negative view from potential buyers.

Even Peter "bullshitter" Molyneux comes clean after release!

You sound so angry all the time.


Perhaps he's the Hulk!



slowmo said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
fillet said:

I'm not sure how this is a "good" interview. The delusions of grandeur from Japanese developers still hasn't stopped, that or their use of English "giant fish approaching" type language hasn't improved.

Not sure if that's a problem with the developer's intent to deceive or his english translation skills so won't go further with that, but I'll say the few Japanese people I know who live in Japan don't talk like this and they have only been to basic English schooling.

In regards to his comments on the complaints of engine sounds in GT5.

What a load of rubbish, "the problem is they sound too real"?

NO.

The problem is they sound fake. The reason they sound fake is because they were recording in isolation without allowing ambient sound interference to mix with the sounds as they naturally would in real life, because when watch racing in real life or on TV, they aren't racing in a simulator.

He has basically used spin to make it sound the reverse. So yes, the sounds are pure and I'm sure correct but they are completely missing environmental variables that any ACCURATE racing game should be portraing.

This is purely a criticism of his bullshit language instead of conceding a point that can't possible be argued with any intelligent person. It is not a criticism of the game because engine sounds aren't that important. But the truth would be appreciated, especially when we are talking about a game released over a year ago where the truth isn't going to hurt sales or give a negative view from potential buyers.

Even Peter "bullshitter" Molyneux comes clean after release!

You sound so angry all the time.


Perhaps he's the Hulk!

lol,

It's true the anger sharks are strong in me, at times. I'm a friendly butterfly most the time.

It's just we have heard this kind of interview 100 times before and it's not really very good when the big cheese won't concede that there were weaknesses in the product.

It's like going to a job interview and getting asked "what's your weakness", then you go on to say that my weaknesses are "I work too hard", "I'm too determined"...and all that rubbish.

Fair enough when you're applying for the job = game just released.

Annoying when you've been made redundant and can speak candidly = game released a 100 years ago.

What he said about the sound doesn't even make sense at the end of the day. Why give an interview if you're just going to talk PR style? He doesn't do Sony any favours who are a company highly associated with marketing mumbo jumbo and bullshit statements.



you damn right its a movement. its moving from gen to gen dominating the racing genre.



SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
you damn right its a movement. its moving from gen to gen dominating the racing genre.


I was thinking more of a bowel movement myself :p



fillet said:

I'm not sure how this is a "good" interview. The delusions of grandeur from Japanese developers still hasn't stopped, that or their use of English "giant fish approaching" type language hasn't improved.

Not sure if that's a problem with the developer's intent to deceive or his english translation skills so won't go further with that, but I'll say the few Japanese people I know who live in Japan don't talk like this and they have only been to basic English schooling.

In regards to his comments on the complaints of engine sounds in GT5.

What a load of rubbish, "the problem is they sound too real"?

NO.

The problem is they sound fake. The reason they sound fake is because they were recording in isolation without allowing ambient sound interference to mix with the sounds as they naturally would in real life, because when watch racing in real life or on TV, they aren't racing in a simulator.

He has basically used spin to make it sound the reverse. So yes, the sounds are pure and I'm sure correct but they are completely missing environmental variables that any ACCURATE racing game should be portraing.

This is purely a criticism of his bullshit language instead of conceding a point that can't possible be argued with any intelligent person. It is not a criticism of the game because engine sounds aren't that important. But the truth would be appreciated, especially when we are talking about a game released over a year ago where the truth isn't going to hurt sales or give a negative view from potential buyers.

Even Peter "bullshitter" Molyneux comes clean after release!

Recording the car in isolation is the right way to do it, the enviromental variables are added from... Wait for it. The enviroment. The games adds these sounds. Not the car.  The cars sound fine, and you'd know this if you have ever driven a large amount of cars. Which i can clrealy tell you haven't.