By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Gran Turismo is not only a video game; it’s a movement" - Kazunori Yamauchi Interview

Tagged games:

Player2 said:

Found one with the same camera. In GT5 the blowoff valve sound of the turbo in the cockpit view is too loud.

@Ethomaz: Try to do the same with a non-japanese car.

The sound is loud in the video due the sound system used or the record equipment... you need to hear yorself with a good quality sound system.

Watch this video.... it show to you how the sound of GT5 is with a good quality system... there are comparison with others videos in the internet... the guy rate the sound with stars.

And no Japanese cars.

The Gallardo LP560-4 and F40 sound is almost identical.

Edit - The guys used a SONY STR-K885 810RMS HOME THEATER for GT5 and a HDR-XR100 for record the videos.

Around the Network
Player2 said:
ethomaz said:

Player2 said:

I hope you are joking about this...

Nope... I like original car sound... GT5 cars sound is too accurate.

I'll let the others decide:

Real life Mercedes C9:

GT5 Mercedes C9:

You don't seriously expect people to compare when one is obviously recorded with standard television speakers ..?  Not to mention using race cars with setups that can change on a regular basis.

You'd have to use stock, untuned cars with a quality sound system to even come close to a fair comparison.

pokoko said:

You'd have to use stock, untuned cars with a quality sound system to even come close to a fair comparison.

This.

A quality sound system make all difference in GT5 (and any other racing game too).

ethomaz said:
Player2 said:

Found one with the same camera. In GT5 the blowoff valve sound of the turbo in the cockpit view is too loud.

@Ethomaz: Try to do the same with a non-japanese car.

The sound is loud in the video due the sound system used or the record equipment... you need to hear yorself with a good quality sound system.

Watch this video.... it show to you how the sound of GT5 is with a good quality system... there are comparison with others videos in the internet... the guy rate the sound with stars.

And no Japanese cars.

The Gallardo LP560-4 and F40 sound is almost identical.

Edit - The guys used a SONY STR-K885 810RMS HOME THEATER for GT5 and a HDR-XR100 for record the videos.

I wonder why all the cars used in that video are premiums. Do you have one with the Corvette C5R, for example?

I think it's either a Camaro or a Corvette. Had the original game back in the day, it definitely was a game changer for racing games.

Around the Network

Player2 said:

I wonder why all the cars used in that video are premiums. Do you have one with the Corvette C5R, for example?

No. But this specific car have the sound fixed after patch 2.06 or 2.07... the sound is pretty good after the patch (I tried to found a video with the patch but I couldn't).

He is a little man.

The sounds are alot better now. Which honestly was never a huge issue for me but I'm not complaining.

Not siding with Player2, but werent reviewers complaining about the sound being off in GT5?

Nsanity said:
Not siding with Player2, but werent reviewers complaining about the sound being off in GT5?

Some but little reviews have complained about the car's sound (even the hateful 7 or less score)... the reviews have some complain about the sound is because it is not strong or lacks grunt... the sound is not to be a expesive holywood production to facinate everyone... it's to look more close possible to real-life.

GT5 try to match the intensity that the sound is real... not less neither more.

Just watch the videos with sound comparision I posted... of course you need a good quality sound system because the tv sound is terrible.