By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Recession - Thank you America.

I'm just gonna go hide in Canada until all this hate blows over.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
I didn't have anything to do with the recession or Palestine! I'm spending money (not on credit either! I have less than 200 dollars of credit card debt that I will pay off at the end of the month!) Plus there is this guy at the deli that I'm pretty sure has some Palestinian blood in him, and I'm usually pretty polite to the fellow, so really if you think about it I don't suck all that bad. I didn't fight in iraq either, I wasn't even IN congress when they voted on it!

Just the fact that you are an american makes you EVIL!

Now use all your money on chinese goods so that my china stocks get back on track!  

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

One thing few people seem to understand is that a downturn in the ecconomy is an opportunity to make a lot of money if you are prepared for it ...

Most people make the mistake of going overboard in boom times, and spend money like drunken soldiers; often they will build up lots of debt and find that they are in a position where they need to make as much (or more) than they currently make in order to pay their bills.

If you have healthy savings you can withstand quite a large shock to your income and/or be able to invest in undervalued investments and get a good return as the ecconomy gets back on track.

I understand that this is easier said than done being that many people have difficulty making ends-meat, but the majority of people living pay-check to pay-check tend to be having difficulty not because they make too little money but because they spend too much money.

If Europe's economy is larger than the US, why is the US throwing Europe into a recession?

Just rhetorical -- I agree that business and political idiots here (I am in the US) have done much more harm than good this century.

However, given the global nature of the economy, there is a lot of blame to go around.

Mike from Morgangtown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

seems like people like to blame america when something goes wrong and rarely gives america credit when things do actually go right.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
I'm just gonna go hide in Canada until all this hate blows over.

Yeah we don't really get blamed although we follow and do exactly what the States does. 

akuma587 said:
Americans are stupid, trust me, I am one. We know less foreign languages than the rest of the world's citizens, our high school students perform less well measured by objective criteria than many foreign countries, and we elected someone like George Bush to office, TWICE.

I think we are getting smarter, but we are pretty damn dumb, especially the South (I live in the South).

We haven't had a good president since Reagan. and I'm not very impressed with ANY of the current candidates. and this is the year I can finally vote in a presidential election too...

Seriously, a lot of people in my country aren't digging America/Bush/American Kapitalism/The Iraq war/The way Israel and America treat Palestinians etc...

Only problem is that our leading parties (Netherlands: CDA, PVDA) and the rest of the EU are such close allies of the US that they always tend to go with the flow... Really stinks because almost everyone hates America (in the way it works economically) and the way Bush does things... 

THE NETHERLANDS

hoerenkind? haha gelukkig hebben we geen nederlandse mods hier.

StarcraftManiac said:
Entroper said:
Yes, America is to blame for everything. We suck. We all get it.

I'm sorry to say but yes... It all started because of the American banks and the way a lot of American's can't keep their hands of cash whilst they can't repay their debts... So yep, all your fault... Just like how America screwed the Palestinians over Israel and their nukes (which they aren't allowed to have but with America backing them no-ones complaining) and just how they totally focked up Iraq and Afghanistan...

Off-topic: Btw, why is America whining about Iran 'supposedly' having a nuke?... Israel has one, and that country isn't allowed to have on either... I don't here the American Government about that... Maybe because of the Jewish lobbies in America?... Or the fact that America needs Israel to have a strong military presence in the Middle-East?... I sense bias...

Sure, you and everyone else like to throw blame at us when things go wrong, but the fact is, the only reason that this is negatively affecting your markets is because we have positively affected your markets so much in the past.  If you didn't benefit from our growth, you wouldn't have had anything to lose in the first place.  So deal with it.