By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A biased and to-the-point review of ZombiU

Tagged games:

I just ran out and purchased this game today. Thanks superchunk, lol!

Around the Network

just bought it
but havent played it yet, ill try it later and i will post my impressions

Review of the year!!! Putting this on my wishlist.

I'm too scared to buy this game lol

Soooooo damn good. Finally have a real survivor now. Currently going on hour 4. Really scary too as I can only play at night.... alone.

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
It's mostly just a button masher tho. No actual challenge in combat

If you are gonna troll a game.. at least make it look like you know what you are talking about!.. button bashing gets your tired.. once you are tired you are as good as dead.. pfft.. button masher indeed.. 

snowdog said:
Player1x3 said:
superchunk said:
Player1x3 said:
It's mostly just a button masher tho. No actual challenge in combat

Are you kidding me? A horde of 6 zombies coming at you and its no actual challege? I take it you beat it on Survivor mode?

Dead Island

Well I don't know about you but the last time I played Dead Island it bore no resemblance to ZombiU. Dead Island is a first person action adventure and ZombiU is an old-school first person survival horror. And the zombies are far more dangerous too - each hit knocks about a fifth off your health and one bite will kill you.

Rather than being a mindless button masher you need to use strategy to handle multiple enemies. If you blindly button mash you're as good as (un)dead.

Dead Island has a lot stronger and aggressive zombies, and much much deeper gameplay. You can create, combine and modify your weapons. You can smash, slash, pierce, throw, kick, and shoot. You can choose which body parts to attack...you can cripple, dismember or behead zombies. Lots of times, you'll even have to escape or use the environment for your survival.

ZombiU is basically you just button mashin that damn cricket bat, hoping the head will go boom quickly. Combat has no variety, it consists of only 2 or 3 button and you always do the same fucking thing to all the zombies. If your health wasn't so low in zU, Dead Island would be considered 10x times the survival game compared to zU. That's the only thing that gives zU a survival feel...low health

Player1x3 said:
Dead Island has a lot stronger and aggressive zombies, and much much deeper gameplay. You can create, combine and modify your weapons. You can smash, slash, pierce, throw, kick, and shoot. You can choose which body parts to attack...you can cripple, dismember or behead zombies. Lots of times, you'll even have to escape or use the environment for your survival.

ZombiU is basically you just button mashin that damn cricket bat, hoping the head will go boom quickly. Combat has no variety, it consists of only 2 or 3 button and you always do the same fucking thing to all the zombies. If your health wasn't so low in zU, Dead Island would be considered 10x times the survival game compared to zU. That's the only thing that gives zU a survival feel...low health

"Dead Island would be considered 10x times the survival game compared to zU " <--  again.. know the fcuk what you're talking about.. you dont even know what survival game means.. you die in dead Island.. you respawn in 5 seconds with the same character and with your stuff..  gawd some people.

BluGamer23 said:
Player1x3 said:

"Dead Island would be considered 10x times the survival game compared to zU " <--  again.. know the fcuk what you're talking about.. you dont even know what survival game means.. you die in dead Island.. you respawn in 5 seconds with the same character and with your stuff..  gawd some people.

Since when does respawn count as a survival element in a game? Or do you consider Dark/Demon Souls to be survival games ?

Not the worst review I've read haha