By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A biased and to-the-point review of ZombiU

Tagged games:

Mummelmann said:
I really, really want this game. Looks incredible, been drooling at the overall style, pacing and difficulty since I first saw it in action!
I'll likely be getting a ZombiU bundle in Sweden next year (swedish currency is 15% below ours and retail prices slightly lower to begin with).

Are there still ZombiU bundles available over there?

I haven't seen anyone here, only the basic and premium options.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
DaRev said:
Did anyone make it thought the intro/tutorial without dieing? I was dead in about 10 seconds, from the time the guy said run! lol.

Made it through the intro ok as I simply ran like a little girl. (I was a girl at first too)

My 1-5 survivor deaths didn't come until the first time you had to protect the safe house. I got too cocky and then had trouble reclaiming my shit. So that made it a lot harder to kill off the mini-group of zombies plus my own dead.

snowdog said:
 Makes it into a true zombie apocalypse simulator and makes the game a great deal more difficult

amp316 said:
DaRev said:
Did anyone make it thought the intro/tutorial without dieing? I was dead in about 10 seconds, from the time the guy said run! lol.

I made it through the intro, but have been having a hard time since.  

Yup, me too lol.

And it's always a case of 'Aw bollocks...just one more go...'.

Some reviewers have complained about the cricket bat but I'm around six hours in and it's my favourite weapon lol, I'm at the stage now where you need you use tactics to get the buggers which isn't anywhere near as much fun as wading in with the bat lololol.

This is the best game I've played in years.

Player1x3 said:
snowdog said:
 Makes it into a true zombie apocalypse simulator and makes the game a great deal more difficult

What's this about comparing different games in different genres when their similarities are merely thematic?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
snowdog said:

I'm quite confident that when the Blight happens this month I'll be okay. I couldn't see the point in playing what's supposed to be a zombie apocalypse simulator with aim-assist and bloomin great big crosshairs in your face lol. Gives it a more cinematic feel too. But it really does make shooting weapons a great deal more difficult, particularly when you're in a moment of panic lol. You should give it a go, it's awesome!

Mummelmann said:
I really, really want this game. Looks incredible, been drooling at the overall style, pacing and difficulty since I first saw it in action!
I'll likely be getting a ZombiU bundle in Sweden next year (swedish currency is 15% below ours and retail prices slightly lower to begin with).

Yeah, we poor over here =(

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I messed around with the game a little and only got to the safe house. I'm really having a hard time adjusting back to controllers with first person games. I used to play Goldeneye and Turok 2 on the N64 controller with control stick look and C-buttons move forward/backward + strafe. But now I suck at that scheme. I've gotten so accustomed to the Wiimote and nunchuk.

Player1x3 said:
snowdog said:
Player1x3 said:
superchunk said:
Player1x3 said:
It's mostly just a button masher tho. No actual challenge in combat

Are you kidding me? A horde of 6 zombies coming at you and its no actual challege? I take it you beat it on Survivor mode?

Dead Island

Well I don't know about you but the last time I played Dead Island it bore no resemblance to ZombiU. Dead Island is a first person action adventure and ZombiU is an old-school first person survival horror. And the zombies are far more dangerous too - each hit knocks about a fifth off your health and one bite will kill you.

Rather than being a mindless button masher you need to use strategy to handle multiple enemies. If you blindly button mash you're as good as (un)dead.

Dead Island has a lot stronger and aggressive zombies, and much much deeper gameplay. You can create, combine and modify your weapons. You can smash, slash, pierce, throw, kick, and shoot. You can choose which body parts to attack...you can cripple, dismember or behead zombies. Lots of times, you'll even have to escape or use the environment for your survival.

ZombiU is basically you just button mashin that damn cricket bat, hoping the head will go boom quickly. Combat has no variety, it consists of only 2 or 3 button and you always do the same fucking thing to all the zombies. If your health wasn't so low in zU, Dead Island would be considered 10x times the survival game compared to zU. That's the only thing that gives zU a survival feel...low health

Dead Island is more of a really fun and funny game rather than a scary game:

Watch live video from Totally Random on TwitchTV

all I do is like fly kick, kick the shit out of things, basically I'm always kicking to save my weapon's durability. it's fun, but not very scary.

Ok, now that I've seen that video.. how the fuck could anyone compare that zombie action game to ZombiU?

Clearly he has never played ZombiU and only watched videos or read a bad review.