By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - UN Upgrades Palestine to Non-Member Observer State

Tagged games:

Do you support this move by the UN?

Yes 71 74.74%

No 20 21.05%

Don't Know / See Results 3 3.16%

Total:94
Kasz216 said:
Rath said:
I don't see a problem with this at all. I mean nearly everyone agrees Palestine should eventually be a state - what is the problem in elevating their status to observer state status in the UN?

A) What's recognized is Fatah.  Not Palestine.  In 2006 Hamas won a majority of seats and shoud of taken control over the Palestinian government.   Even in the recent elections, Fatah struggled despite Hamas boycotting said elections.   Does it really make sense to recognize a government the people haven't chosen?

B) The above, except backwords...  Fatah is unpopuar right now.  As it fades further eventually they may need to let Hamas control Palestine.  Either that or to prevent it... a full out western dictatator.  So it either allows Palestines recognized government to be terrorists.  Or to prevent this forces a dictator on the scene.  Much eaiser to deal with Hamas while they're official.

C)  It's not a state.  Everyone agrees it should be a state... at the same time... it's not.  I mean hell.  There are states that currently exist that don't have UN observer status yet are far more deserving.

Like say Taiwan.  

A) It's the Palestinian Authority which has been recognised. Which Fatah controls through rather dubious means. Nonetheless the distinction between party and state still exists.

B) So you're saying that we should only allow states that we like to exist?

C) I agree Taiwan is even more deserving. That doesn't make Palestine undeserving. Palestine is, in my opinion, very much an occupied state.

Around the Network
Rath said:
Player1x3 said:
Rath said:
I don't see a problem with this at all. I mean nearly everyone agrees Palestine should eventually be a state - what is the problem in elevating their status to observer state status in the UN?

It totally ignores Israeli sovereignty over palestinian land?

What sovereignity?

They are internationally recognised as occupied territories - Israel does not have any sovereign rights to them. This is why the building of settlements is so controversial, it is essentially an annexation of land which they do not have sovereignity over.

The historical region of Palestine is internationally recognised as the state of Israel. State of Palestine is not recognosed by UN

Rath said:
Player1x3 said:
Rath said:

What sovereignity?

They are internationally recognised as occupied territories - Israel does not have any sovereign rights to them. This is why the building of settlements is so controversial, it is essentially an annexation of land which they do not have sovereignity over.

The UN says alot of things, half the nations voting are basically dictatorships or Jewish hating nations, or vote so they don't upset their now large muslim populations.

the2real4mafol said:
This is brilliant news, the sooner Palestine (at it's current borders) become a country, the sooner we should have peace there hopefully. The conflict there just has to stop, it has gone on for too long

oh how naive you are. 

there will be no peace. ever. in that region. palestine will not stop until israel is wiped off the face of the planet, and even then they wont stop.

Griffin said:
Rath said:
Player1x3 said:
Rath said:

What sovereignity?

The UN says alot of things, half the nations voting are basically dictatorships or Jewish hating nations, or vote so they don't upset their now large muslim populations.

Any country that doesnt agree with Israels policies either hates Jews or is a dictatorship, real mature bro, real mature.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
killerzX said:
the2real4mafol said:
This is brilliant news, the sooner Palestine (at it's current borders) become a country, the sooner we should have peace there hopefully. The conflict there just has to stop, it has gone on for too long

oh how naive you are. 

there will be no peace. ever. in that region. palestine will not stop until israel is wiped off the face of the planet, and even then they wont stop.

" palestine will not stop until israel is wiped off the face of the planet, and even then they wont stop." I think you've got your countries mixed up.

SubiyaCryolite said:
killerzX said:
the2real4mafol said:

oh how naive you are. 

" palestine will not stop until israel is wiped off the face of the planet, and even then they wont stop." I think you've got your countries mixed up.

i only mentioned 1 country. how can i mix up one country.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Griffin said:
Rath said:
Player1x3 said:
Rath said:

What sovereignity?

Any country that doesnt agree with Israels policies either hates Jews or is a dictatorship, real mature bro, real mature.

Not all countries but around half atleast.  Many of the other countries vote that way to appease their large muslim populations. 

killerzX said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
killerzX said:
the2real4mafol said:

oh how naive you are. 

i only mentioned 1 country. how can i mix up one country.

*claps*

I dont agree with that at all. Does your statement have any basis? I have a hard time believing that rougly 60% of the UN is made up of Dictarships or Muslim sympathisers.