By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS and DS confusion?

Tagged games:

Are consumers in the US still confused by the 3DS and the DS? DS sold more than the 3DS sold over the Black Friday holiday season despite the new system being out for 2 years, having backwards compatibility, and a significant price drop from launch. Maybe the DS deals were just that much better than 3DS? Are Americans blind? Explanations?

3DS: 274,389

DS: 281,747

Will there be a bunch of dissapointed kids on Christmas morning?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Oh god, that would be so sad for those kids if true. :(

Maybe those kids told their parents to buy a 3DS and instead they got 3 DS's?

Hey son I got you that Nintendo you wanted so badly.

People probably think the WiiU is just a overpriced Wii :P

Besides, January will have a TON of 3ds sales when the kids get mad at their parents.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I think it's a foregone conclusion that the DS is hurting the 3DS, a case of Nintendo sacrificing long-term profits for those of the short-term variety--it isn't much different than the PSP killing the Vita in Japan.

(On the one hand, these things are reasonable moves, on the other, they're, well, not--it's kinda like giving your eldest child more food while starving your youngest because, right now, the elder can do more work...until the elder falls down the stairs after being worked into an early grave.)

Well, at least they won't get a DOOMED console for christmas.

"I went to go buy my son a gameboy and the clerk was really rude. He kept trying to convince me to buy the deluxe version but I know he was just trying to con me out of more money for commission. I know he said it plays in 3D but 2D is just fine. It's just like the movie theaters, a waste of money."
- Your mom

sales2099 said:

People probably think the WiiU is just a overpriced Wii :P

Besides, January will have a TON of 3ds sales when the kids get mad at their parents.

That's probably why the gamepad isn't available in stores yet. I just can't image all the consumer backlash for all the Wii U gamepads that don't work :P

That would be hilarious, if people got confused by the 3DS name and bought 3 DS's instead. Otherwise, i don't see how the DS could sell that much

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018