By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up 24th November 2012 (Black Friday and Wii U week)

RazoDigimax said:
Euphoria14 said:
RazoDigimax said:
Sony reported shipped numbers.

Isn't it "assumed" that VGC reports actual sales?

Not sure, just wondering. Maybe they always adjust to shipped and we just live with that.

So Nintendo says 400k WiiU and 300k Wii for Black Friday week and that = Sales to consumers?

So Microsoft says 750k Xbox360 for Black Friday week and that = Sales to consumers?

Sony says 525k for Black Friday week and that = Shipped to stores?

How do you come to that conclusion?

Oh calm down. I'm not saying anything bad about Sony. 

I think ALL the companies only report shipped numbers - isn't that right? I don't know, that's why I asked in my first post.

That's what I thought anyway - that companies report shipped and VGC tried to get actual sales.

If that's not the case, that's cool.

Feel better?

No need to get on edge, i'm completely calm. I'm just letting you know that your assumption made no sense because the others announced sell through as well and VGChartz displayed numbers to reflect this. It's normal for some users here to get confused though.

You are right though that they do announce shipped, but those usually come during their financial reports. After Black Friday week every one of the big 3 come out and announce what they actually sold. It is something we look forward to each year because it's one of the real big weeks of the year where we get real concrete numbers to discuss.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
RazoDigimax said:
Euphoria14 said:
RazoDigimax said:
Sony reported shipped numbers.

Isn't it "assumed" that VGC reports actual sales?

Not sure, just wondering. Maybe they always adjust to shipped and we just live with that.

So Nintendo says 400k WiiU and 300k Wii for Black Friday week and that = Sales to consumers?

So Microsoft says 750k Xbox360 for Black Friday week and that = Sales to consumers?

Sony says 525k for Black Friday week and that = Shipped to stores?

How do you come to that conclusion?

I think ALL the companies only report shipped numbers - isn't that right? I don't know, that's why I asked in my first post.

That's what I thought anyway - that companies report shipped and VGC tried to get actual sales.

Feel better?

No need to get on edge, i'm completely calm. I'm just letting you know that your assumption made no sense.

You are right though that they do announce shipped, but those usually come during their financial reports. After Black Friday week every one of the big 3 come out and announce what they actually sold. It is something we look forward to each year because it's one of the real big weeks of the year where we get real concrete numbers to discuss.

Fair enough. And thanks for the info, I'm new to all of this. 

Vita needs Monster Hunter.

007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
The PS3 sold 525k in usa alone, north america should be 600k+ easily

Even 360 can't do that

The 360 sold 750k?

IGN reported the numbers were from USA alone

360 807k in US,838k in NA,just 31k outside of US

Nvm :) but neogaf reported the north america numbers would be quite higher then the 525k meaning this adjustment is still way off.

Link?btw it's random guess i think

The PR says at least the PS3 number is US only: http://www.cnbc.com/id/50013347

"In total, more than 525,000 PS3 consoles were sold in the US during Black Friday"

We already know all 3 are US only,i'm talking about the reason of why you think PS3 can do 600k in NA

RazoDigimax said:

Fair enough. And thanks for the info, I'm new to all of this. 

No problem. I figured you might be new to it because of your join date and number of posts, which is why I tried to explain it as best I could.

By the way, you said "I didn't say anything bad about Sony". I don't like them that much to get upset, even if you did say something bad (Which you didn't). Beware of those that do though! Spend more time around here and you'll quickly learn who does.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Considering this is more than just a "Adjust Sony number" thread...

I have two question:

Will this be the high-water mark for both the 3DS and Vita this year?

Is it downhill from here or do you think there will be a couple/few more spikes?

Vita needs Monster Hunter.

Around the Network
RazoDigimax said:

Feel better?

There is no way a company can repost how much it shipped for the Black Friday because the consoles is shipped almost 1 month before... every week the company shipped more consoles for Black Friday week.

All these numbers are sold do consumer... I belive early NPD numbers.

D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:

Even 360 can't do that

The 360 sold 750k?

Nvm :) but neogaf reported the north america numbers would be quite higher then the 525k meaning this adjustment is still way off.

"In total, more than 525,000 PS3 consoles were sold in the US during Black Friday"

We already know all 3 are US only,i'm talking about the reason of why you think PS3 can do 600k in NA

Well the 360 nearly gained 100k from it's 750k total from black friday

So ps3 doing 80k isn't impossible...

360 did 750k in usa alone but got 838k in north america " i think"

So that's why i believed the ps3 could shave past 600k, but i'm most likely wrong.

pezus said:

AC3: Liberation is at 324k already. Looks like a definite million-seller.

PSV version of Playstation All-Stars sold 40k! About what I expected, considering you get it free with the PS3 version.

Cheers for this.  

Liberation now comfortably ahead of both of the DS versions of AC.  I know that's not really much of an achievement, but still.  Wonder if it'll catch Bloodlines, which is apparently heavily overtracked here anyway.

Surprised about those PSABR sales too.  Doesn't seem much benefit of buying directly for Vita other than being slightly cheaper & being physical rather than digital.

007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:

Even 360 can't do that

The 360 sold 750k?

So that's why i believed the ps3 could shave past 600k, but i'm most likely wrong.

360 did 807k in US alone,VGC added 57k for 360 in US mostly because MS's PR doesn't count Saturday(Nov 24),so it's not nearly gained 100k from 750k,just 31k

D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:

Even 360 can't do that

The 360 sold 750k?

360 did 807k in US alone,VGC added 57k for 360 in US mostly because MS's PR doesn't count Saturday(Nov 24),so it's not nearly gained 100k from 750k,just 31k

Ohh ok sorry :) if i had have known that i wouldn't have made such a bold claim

Still the numbers are 100k off though if not more :S