By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gonna buy Oblivion today... But for what system?

@superchunk

sorry im kind new at this stuff iam trying to do it now, sorry guys about the long sig

killzone2 =halo killer!!!!!   

PS3 4 life

games playing

PS3:resident evil /resistance / killzone2/fallout3/uncharted/cod4/MGS4/socom/far cry2/biochock/dead space/street fighter4 

XBOX360:Gears of War/ Bioshock/ Halo3/ gears of war2/left 4 dead/mass effect/fable 2/dead rising

Wii:Zelda TP/ Resident evil 4/ Metriod Prime 3

PSP:Only bought it for God of War and the remote control for my PS3gamertag/PSN=  Dumbkilla

Wii#  0378860588753451

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Okay, off to pick up the PS3 version then.

Enjoy~

It is a great game and despite what some folks might tell you that won't change based on console =)

edit:

@socomevil2004,

Holy crap!  That sig is huge, could you please at least get rid of the blank void at the bottom? 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
I haven't seen it play on the PS3 but I have seen it on the 360 briefly (30-40minutes). Load times were definitely slow but weren't too ridiculous. I think it was just the sort of thing that starts to get annoying while you are trying to play through sections of the game.

I've played the PC version and there are some times when you are trying to complete quests that you are loading new areas a whole lot so it could become annoying. But the reason I am posting this is to say that the PC version even had some slower load times so I think overall its just a shortcoming of the game that you have to deal with...it will just be an issue of how long you wait. If the achievements are something you enjoy I would say go with that. If you don't mind giving up the achievements for a bit of reduced frustration on load times then go with the PS3 version. I'm pretty sure thats what your choice boils down to, but again I haven't played the console versions extensively so I'm going off of limited knowledge.

I don't think the loading on the PC is bad at all. Still, problems can usually be outweighed by user created mods. Who needs to go through the bullshit of getting the cure for being a vampire when you can get a mod that has an NPC who sells it, especially when you've already done it at least once before? 

IllegalPaladin said:
Sqrl said:
I haven't seen it play on the PS3 but I have seen it on the 360 briefly (30-40minutes). Load times were definitely slow but weren't too ridiculous. I think it was just the sort of thing that starts to get annoying while you are trying to play through sections of the game.

I've played the PC version and there are some times when you are trying to complete quests that you are loading new areas a whole lot so it could become annoying. But the reason I am posting this is to say that the PC version even had some slower load times so I think overall its just a shortcoming of the game that you have to deal with...it will just be an issue of how long you wait. If the achievements are something you enjoy I would say go with that. If you don't mind giving up the achievements for a bit of reduced frustration on load times then go with the PS3 version. I'm pretty sure thats what your choice boils down to, but again I haven't played the console versions extensively so I'm going off of limited knowledge.

I don't think the loading on the PC is bad at all. Still, problems can usually be outweighed by user created mods. Who needs to go through the bullshit of getting the cure for being a vampire when you can get a mod that has an NPC who sells it, especially when you've already done it at least once before?

Well to be fair the last time I played it on PC was before I upgraded to my current PC (aka it was a middle of the road rig). I haven't actually played since then so on newer PC rigs it might be blazing fast load times. In terms of which is more analogous in this case I'm not 100% sure.  My old rig wasn't super slow or anything it was just older ram, slower bus speeds, etc...both of which will equate to slower loads...how much slower I have no idea...bleh I might actually have to re-install the game now =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

I have played both...And I can tell you the loading times are really a issue that makes the game less fun.

So the shorter loading times on the PS3 version were very welcome.

If you have problems with some quests or want some tips be free to PM me about it ^^''.

And hmm should I hope that you really like the game or not...I played it more for 1000 hours..I was really addicted to it it eats whole your social life away ^^''..

Around the Network

im currently playing oblivion on x360, been playing it like crazy lately, and i havent had any problems with load times at all. People dont realize is apparently the game actually does cache to the HDD if you have one. It can get fragmented apparently but the fix is to clear the catch (by holding the A buttion while the game is booting). Barely have any load times unless your going into a shop or new city, and usually isnt more then couple of seconds for a shop or 5-10 seconds for big city.

Yes, im addicted to it as well, already upwards of 130 hours, and havent progress the story at all yet, haha.

I thought they patched the 360 version and made it run as smooth as the PS3 one?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

W29 said:
I would go with the X360 just because of the achievement situation. If you care more about loading times then go with the PS3, but if your an achievement-whore which I'm not. Then get the X360 version.

But it seems you made your mind up.

Well, I view it like this:

Rumble=Improved load times

Where the PS3 gets the nod is:

Extra content>>>>>>>Achievements 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@rocketpig

Enjoy it....

n if we don't see you on vg chartz for a while we'll just know Oblivion has one more person addicted

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

rocketpig said:
W29 said:
I would go with the X360 just because of the achievement situation. If you care more about loading times then go with the PS3, but if your an achievement-whore which I'm not. Then get the X360 version.

But it seems you made your mind up.

Well, I view it like this:

Rumble=Improved load times

Where the PS3 gets the nod is:

Extra content>>>>>>>Achievements

Get the "Game of the Year Edition". It has both expansions!