By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 sold more than 750,000 consoles in the U.S. alone on Black Friday – exceeding internal forecasts

Dmick90 said:
Barozi said:
ugh could you please stop with these walls of text and delete the previous quotes ?

I don't recall asking for your opinion. 

It's a forum

on the internet......

not nazi camp.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Dmick90 said:
Barozi said:
ugh could you please stop with these walls of text and delete the previous quotes ?

It's a forum

on the internet......

not nazi camp.

K so you and your Nazi friends can mind your own business.

User has been banned for this post ~Barozi

so 850k WW>?

Dmick90 said:
ironmanDX said:
Dmick90 said:
Barozi said:

It's a forum

on the internet......

not nazi camp.

He's a moderator and he said please.

Dmick90 said:

Need I remind you that the Playstation was created in retaliation to Nintendo when they backstabbed Sony. Sony didn't give a shit about making a game console either until Nintendo gave them the middle finger and left them high and dry at the altar. You think Sony gives two shits about you? You think Sony is your friend, lol. Sony puts hardware first over good software, that's why they are losing this gen. Microsoft focused on making fun games. Just look at the PS Move, no originality, no good games, and the sales validate that. They ripped off the Wiimote. What did they do? They created a plastic stick with a ball at the end of it, probably the lamest idea they ever conceived of. It's like the Sony execs sat around and were like fuck it let's throw this out there and see if people take the bait this time. But people weren't fooled. Microsoft atleast put some thought and new, innovative ideas into the Kinect. It just pisses me off because it seems Sony follows Nintendo and Microsoft in everything they do, they just copy and steal ideas from other companies. When Nintendo introduced the analogue stick and rumble pak on the N64 controller, Sony had to have sticks and rumble on their controller. Nintendo put motion gaming on the map and Sony had to copy that. Nintendo had Smash Bros, Sony had to copy that with Allstars Battle Royale. Sony tried to mimic Xbox Live with Playstation Plus. Microsoft had Halo and Sony brought out that turd Killzone. Microsoft had a home button on the controller, Sony had to have that too. Microsoft and Sega had triggers on the controller first, and Sony copied that. "Sony is walking out of this gen loaded with games"? What loads of games are you talking about? Last I checked their weren't a whole lot of good games on PS3.

Everyone knows Sony was sore after Nintendo left them out in the cold at CES when they were supposed reveal their partnership and SNES console, but that has nothing to do with why they joined. When Nintendo was ontop videogames were frowned upon big time (even Sony frowned at videogames at that time). Kutaragi was at first working on that project for Nintendo behind Sonys backs and got into trouble, but the head of Sony spoke for him and helped him keep his job. He kept working on the project for Nintendo with the backing of Sony at that point and when the plans with Nintendo fell through he kept working on the CD based console meant for Nintendo until it became the Playstation. The inspiration to continue this idea was because of the fact that he saw his daughter playing her Famicom and realized more could be done with a console, so his vision today is what would ultimately become the effect Playstation would have on the industry.

I don't think Sony is my friend, I just assess the situation based on how it was dealt with. Microsoft focused on making fun games? MGS in their first console had average and crap games compared to the competition and their sports line was horrible. Respect to them for gaining respect in an industry that scoffed at the idea of an American company having a headlining console in an industry dominated by the Japanese. Microsofts goal seems to be playing it safe now and only focusing on what sells, which is why they only have two or three exclusives that headline ever. They've even admitted that risk is the case as to why they have such a small amount of exclusives and rely on third parties.

Third of all, Sony did not rip off the Wiimote, they had started the motion camera trend in 2004 and in the same year it launched realized there needs to be a wand like peripheral to track movement in unison with the camera so more control could be achieved. It was basically just the wrong place at the wrong time and Nintendo beat them to the wand, period. Are you going to say Sony stole Nintendos console cross platform playability for the PS3 to the Vita as well? Both are very innovative tech companies and both of their R&D are always thinking of ways to push gaming. Microsoft joined gaming because they saw Sony as a threat to PC gaming and inadvertently are helping them take the top third parties away from focusing on the PC themselves. What a way to stick it to Sony, eh!? In truth they just want to dominate the console realm and monopolize it no different from how they've dominated the PC realm until the Mac broke their hold (and thank goodness for that) and has a 12% marketshare in the states and I believe a 6% marketshare in the world (and quickly going to 7% if it isnt already there).  

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/263168/move-came-before-wii-release-proof/

As for Microsoft pushing ideas into the Kinect, Sony had the Kinect tech long before Microsoft touched it and turned it down because it wasn't pushing their vision for how motion control should be.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-27-sony-why-we-turned-down-kinect-interview

Microsoft had no internal R&D working on a motion control device. They bought Primesense and got Rare to work on the tech for them. Sony has achieved the goal of having the most accurate motion tech, but lost it all due to the fact that they had no marketable games and no plans to flood the market with commercials for the product. It has still sold fairly well, but nowhere near the market success of Kinect, which actually does less.

As for the loads of games the PS3 is coming out, why don't check Sony's expected exclusives list for 2013 and stop talking. Microsofts has very little but the little they do have is very strong. Think about that. Sony is pushing the way we play games not just in their first party but also by the company they keep. Microsoft has primarily pushed the status quo outside of XBox Live Arcade.

http://www.psu.com/a015870/Sony-looks-set-to-send-PS3-off-in-style-as-Xbox-360-fizzles-out

Fact is all Microsoft has left is Gears in Q1 and Sony will have strong games from Q1 through Q4.

Don't tell me about who is invested more in games unless you can prove it.

Around the Network
Dmick90 said:
ironmanDX said:
Dmick90 said:
Barozi said:

It's a forum

on the internet......

not nazi camp.

When you post on a forum, its open for anyone to reply to, this isn't a private discussion.

Dmick90 said:
ironmanDX said:
Dmick90 said:
Barozi said:

It's a forum

on the internet......

not nazi camp.

It's a shame your username is almost accurate. Just remeber if you make another account, to remove the m next time.

Herolink7 said:
Dmick90 said:
ironmanDX said:
Dmick90 said:
Barozi said:

It's a forum

on the internet......

not nazi camp.

When you post on a forum, its open for anyone to reply to, this isn't a private discussion.

Realize that thanks

maverick40 said:
the fact it sold more than the wii u is incredible. a 7 year old console outselling nexta gen console

The Vita is standing in the corner sulking, I think you upset it.

fillet said:
maverick40 said:
the fact it sold more than the wii u is incredible. a 7 year old console outselling nexta gen console

The Vita is standing in the corner sulking, I think you upset it.

I think the Vita gave up a while ago, 3DS should be the one sulking.