By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry Face-Off: Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition on Wii U

RolStoppable said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:

We're completely zipping around what was originally said, which was "the console has no potential."

No you just need to stop threatening people like that . IF hyperbole and overly negative statements are considered trolling please...be consistent..this whole website is filled with it. Better get started and start banning/warning people left and right

seriously just accept what you did was wrong here. You are clearly letting your 'feelings' get in the way of your moderation duties. And it's just so damn obvious too. It's baffling how you are trying to defend this even smh

People who consistently go around to make overly negative statements that cannot be backed up do get warned and banned. Since the poster in question (Sensei) falls into this category, it's perfectly fair to make him aware that he will get moderated, if he keeps this up. It's not like Mr Khan would be the only moderator who would put a stop to such behavior.

ugh no they aren't >_> half the nintendo fans will be banned then. Such hypocrisy. I get you guys want to back up each other and everything but there are things too stupid to back up. Threatening people that they will be moderated for trolling for a negative remark which you don't even know the context yet is absolutely horrible.

I honestly can't believe this is being defended. I'm done here

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
osed125 said:
Sensei said:
osed125 said:
Sensei said:
The problem is not the developers, it is the Wii U.

It simply has no potential to tap. It is just weak.

And you know that because you're a developer?

1) No, because of previous generations' graphics evolution (or lack of) during a console lifecycle. There isn't such thing as the "magic of console power unlocking" that will suddenly make the games look twice as good or an engine that makes them run much faster or smoother.

2) The launch lineup is a very strong indicative of how the console will fare over its lifetime. It will improve, but it will not be a very dramatic improvement.

3) In case of Wii U, by the time developers "learn to unlock its untapped potentialz", PS4/Orbis and X720/Durango will be out and put Wii U multiplats to shame even if devs can push 100% of its power (assuming it will maintain 3rd party support, that is).

1) We've been over this multiple time on this forums but the first 360 games didn't looked better than later tittles in the previous gen. The only reason some games looked slightly better was because the old ports were in SD while the 360 ones were in HD, the Wii U doesn't have that advantage. Just compare 360 launch games with the first Gears of Wars, it's night and day.

2) Again look at Gears.

3) Again, how do you know this without being a developer? It's obvious the PS4 and the next xbox will be more powerful than the Wii U, but does that mean the system won't get 3rd party support? We don't know that, this is a wait and see game.

Gear 1/2/3 look almost exactly the same (although, GeoW3 had more colorz).  So not really sure what was your point there,.

I was talking about 360 launch tittles and the first Gears.

Nintendo and PC gamer

RolStoppable said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

ugh no they aren't >_> half the nintendo fans will be banned then. Such hypocrisy. I get you guys want to back up each other and everything but there are things too stupid to back up. Threatening people that they will be moderated for trolling for a negative remark which you don't even know the context yet is absolutely horrible.

I honestly can't believe this is being defended. I'm done here

There's a clear difference between justified negativity and hit and run posting. The only hypocrisy in this thread would be coming from people like you who would surely throw a fit, if somebody said that the Vita has no potential to tap.

You have a habit of having a hard time to handle criticism of the things you like, but if things go the other way you usually don't see much of a problem.

If someone said it I would ask them what they actually mean..cuz if it's hardware potential ..they would be wrong and we have seen results to say so. If it's about sales I would disagree...but I would also understand without results at this point of time it's useless to argue otherwise. Time will tell

and know this..unlike You I actually am willing to say both the good and the bad about vita. I have criticized the system and sonys handling of it many many times. I have also complimented ninty and MS news/info as well. In this very thread I have tried to discuss both sides of the situation. Sadly narrow minded attitudes like yours will only see what you want to see. Doesn't surprise me in the least however. 

and this whole site is FILLED with hyperbole and hit and run posts. None of it is considered trolling now are they? Sensei is referring the wiiu hardware potential. And there's more than enough reasons to have doubts about it. The hardware info we have + ports + exclusives etc have done absolutely nothing to ease the concerns people may have. Mr Khan is just showing how biased he is and how it's affecting his choices as a mod. I really don't care if he is paranoid that all third parties in the world has a conspiracy against nintendo or w/e but that shouldn't affect other posters

you have a habit of using your 'name' as means to troll things. You get away with it because hey it's rol...he is just doing what he does. You are the last person here who should be criticising others behavior. Better take a look in the mirror next time. 

But yea this is useless. you nor Khan is gonna accept how absurd this is anyways. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Darc Requiem said:
At least the Wii U has the best version of Tekken Tag 2.

Ha, as if anyone cares about content.

forest-spirit said:
Darc Requiem said:

It's not even about the content as much as it's about having all of the DLC, all characters unlocked, no online pass, and being able to use a WIi Arcade Stick with the Wii U

Around the Network

Someone saying that a console has no potential is an opinion. What about the people, that for months, have been going on and overstating Wii U's capabilities? That's apparently not trolling because their opinion goes in the opposite direction.

I think this type of threatened censorship is what makes these forums seem unwelcoming. In response to Sensei's post, you could've engaged in a conversation and asked them to elaborate. Why make unreasonable threats?

This is the first post I've ever made regarding moderating behavior. I just think that things have gotten a bit ridiculous around here.

TheShape31 said:
Someone saying that a console has no potential is an opinion. What about the people, that for months, have been going on and overstating Wii U's capabilities? That's apparently not trolling because their opinion goes in the opposite direction.

I think this type of threatened censorship is what makes these forums seem unwelcoming. In response to Sensei's post, you could've engaged in a conversation and asked them to elaborate. Why make unreasonable threats?

This is the first post I've ever made regarding moderating behavior. I just think that things have gotten a bit ridiculous around here.

How many consoles have ever maxed out their potential on launch day?

Sure it's an opinion, but it's not one grounded in reality.

VGChartz

RolStoppable said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

If someone said it I would ask them what they actually mean..cuz if it's hardware potential ..they would be wrong and we have seen results to say so. If it's about sales I would disagree...but I would also understand without results at this point of time it's useless to argue otherwise. Time will tell

and know this..unlike You I actually am willing to say both the good and the bad about vita. I have criticized the system and sonys handling of it many many times. I have also complimented ninty and MS news/info as well. In this very thread I have tried to discuss both sides of the situation. Sadly narrow minded attitudes like yours will only see what you want to see. Doesn't surprise me in the least however. 

and this whole site is FILLED with hyperbole and hit and run posts. None of it is considered trolling now are they? Sensei is referring the wiiu hardware potential. And there's more than enough reasons to have doubts about it. The hardware info we have + ports + exclusives etc have done absolutely nothing to ease the concerns people may have. Mr Khan is just showing how biased he is and how it's affecting his choices as a mod. I really don't care if he is paranoid that all third parties in the world has a conspiracy against nintendo or w/e but that shouldn't affect other posters

you have a habit of using your 'name' as means to troll things. You get away with it because hey it's rol...he is just doing what he does. You are the last person here who should be criticising others behavior. Better take a look in the mirror next time. 

But yea this is useless. you nor Khan is gonna accept how absurd this is anyways. 

It's completely irrational to say that the hardware of any video game system has been basically maxed out on the day it launched. There's not even a need for visible proof, because it's so self-explanatory.

I haven't really seen you in any Vita sales threads in a long time, so you will have to link me to a post of yours where you criticize Sony for what they are doing with the Vita.

People of all camps get warned and banned, so there is hard evidence that people get moderated for trolling.

I get away with it, because I am joking and because it's evident that I am. Same reason why badgenome doesn't get moderated. And I am one of the first persons who should be speaking up, because I've been a part of the VGC community for so long and my intentions have always been to make things better rather than worse.

Yes Rol, but what does this come down to?  Kahn threatening to moderate a user because he's regurgitating evidence that the Wii U's hardware isn't up to par and it's starting to show.  Had anyone dev, including Nintendo, released a game at a consistent framerate with visual enhancements, then that user is blatantly trolling.  No one did, games are having framerate problems and visual problems, most of these problems are issues that are coming up with the hardware design.  I'll finish with that piece there since it's way off topic, and can be discussed in the Wii U CPU thread.  On topic with Kahn; the forum is filled with users going on about how Vita has no software, or how Sony doesn't understand the handheld market (despite the fact that Nintendo is doing what Sony is doing but with Mario instead of Uncharted), and they they get off scott free because it's okay to bash Sony?  But when Nintendo comes out with underpowered hardware, it's taboo to mention it.  I use Vita as an example as the last time "hating" was going on was when the 3DS was selling poorly at the beginning and that was quite a while ago.  If the user is stating his opinion, until it can be made false he shouldn't be threatened and if Kahn wants to threaten him, then he needs to go into every thread in the last 4 months and start moderating everyone bashing the Vita.

Darc Requiem said:
forest-spirit said:
Darc Requiem said:

It's not even about the content as much as it's about having all of the DLC, all characters unlocked, no online pass, and being able to use a WIi Arcade Stick with the Wii U

All thats available for the PS/360, Namco did not charge for the DLC and they have better arcade sticks.  But the Wii U doesnt have the community, which is why I didnt bother with the version of the game.

TheShape31 said:

Opinions can be categorically wrong, or simply too offensive to tolerate. I could say "hey, i think the Chinese are a bunch of lawless hooligans. They're not fit to govern themselves, imho."

"It's like, my opinion bro," is not a valid shield behind which to make baseless statements that degrade the level of discourse. It didn't fly when one user was relentlessly bashing Muslims in the latest Israel-Palestine thread, and it doesn't fly here. (and to say that we are being equal opportunity about it, it doesn't fly when a certain user goes off on his rants about Christians, either)

Now there is a degree of subjectivity that comes into matters like that, as there are such things as acceptable targets (like the Star Wars prequels, for instance. If we treated bashing of all things equally, i would have to clean house ine very star wars thread that comes up), but current consoles do not fall under that domain.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.