By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 Outsells All 2012 PS3 Exclusives Combined (70+ Metacritic)

cookingyourmama said:

*Golf Clap* Yet ANOTHER thread started on this forum by a 'Microsoft fan' with the intention of trolling and bashing Sony all under the guise of 'being factual' whilst his fellow 'Microsoft fans' chip in with posts trying to put down/report anybody else who tells the truth of what this thread is really intended for. It's really getting out of hand how many threads like this are being created, i wish the mods would sort out the people involved in this constant console bashing.

This thread was deemed acceptable by mods. Dont like the truth, look elsewhere

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Wow - never seen PS3 fans react like that to such a predictable fact.

Jay520 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
Jay520 said:
This is about sales. Why are review scores taken into consideration?

Desperation if you ask me.

I allready made my case for the sales of said games above. I know you read that.

All I know is this thread was originally about sales. Then you were proven wrong so you brought up some arbitrary rules and guidelines. I t really lessens your point because anybody could support their agenda if they used meaningless and arbitrary rules like you did. It's a shame really, that you have to drop to such low levels because Halo 4 isn't big enough on its own.

Oh its big enough MS just reported huge black Friday for Halo 4

Halo 4 is big no doubt. But according to VGC numbers, its isn't big enough to outsell all PS3 exclusives. That's why when Sales2099 realized this, he made a desperate attempt to save face by bringing irrelevant things like reviews into the mix. I've lost all respect for the guy. Dude has no integrity

love you too. Sorry if I set a bar for what most gamers see as the bare minimum for quality.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

BenVTrigger said:
Yeah Im not really exscusing the OP hut honestly at the current rate Halo 4 will do it easily.

You always know how to say things lol  Yes this^ .  I dont think anybody can say by the end of the year Halo 4 wont outsell all those games at the rate it's going.  

mantlepiecek said:

I think the OP's intention was already shown when he -

Still insists that Halo 4 outsold every PS3 exclusive of 2012 combined - he has just made it so it is now 70+ rating.

Calls PS3 exclusives that sell less as shovelware.

Nono it was shovelware when its below 70 on metacritic. Huge difference.By the way I took out that label.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
Jay520 said:
This is about sales. Why are review scores taken into consideration?

Desperation if you ask me.

I allready made my case for the sales of said games above. I know you read that.

All I know is this thread was originally about sales. Then you were proven wrong so you brought up some arbitrary rules and guidelines. I t really lessens your point because anybody could support their agenda if they used meaningless and arbitrary rules like you did. It's a shame really, that you have to drop to such low levels because Halo 4 isn't big enough on its own.

The 70+ guideline was there the moment the thread went up, just saying. Its my own personal standard. Always has been.

Only after did people demand I include games that most gamers wouldnt associate as "quality" games.

They should rename this site sonybash.com.

jayson1 said:
They should rename this site sonybash.com.

People said that in 2006 when there was a lot of bad Sony news going around.

But thing is.....its just the news. What do you expect the media to do? NOT report the news because it upsets the fans?

This thread breaks no rules. It is what it is. You can leave if you prefer.

sales2099 said:

love you too. Sorry if I set a bar for what most gamers see as the bare minimum for quality.

You're missing the point. This thread wasn't about quality. It was about sales and you know it. You only mentioned quality when you realized your point wouldn't be valid on its own.

Well yeah...when you have three major franchises and you dont have much else thats hot one would think you would throw all of your marketing muscle and financial support towards those three games. With Cliffy moving on I can't see Gears making it into next gen either, but they've got one last Gears game next year before the 360 yields. Halo 4 finally got some love in the presentation and story department and Forza is the main racer. Predictable results for all of them.