By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720 Might Lack A Years Advantage

J_Allard said:
small44 said:

that  why i said if

And if MS had made the 360 the most powerful console ever with UltraHD TV's thrown in and charged nothing for the console then it would have sold 1.3 billion and dominated the whole world.

I said if.

it would have been way too expensive and failed. only sony could have released at such a high price because of how strong and dominant the playstation brand was back then.

Around the Network
small44 said:

You're condition is imposible but my condition could happened

Sony does error with ps3 does this mean they will do the same error with ps4?

Your condition happened, which makes it not happening impossible.

It doesn't matter if they don't make the errors with PS4 because they did with PS3.

Was this already posted?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/11/30/microsoft-reportedly-to-launch-new-xbox-before-xmas-2013/

J_Allard, I'm sorry. Since when is 9,826,044 more than 10,672,693?

I can only laugh at people thinking next gen is already decided. Brand loyalty is much weaker than you guys think. Sony was king yet clever marketing and business strategies allowed both the Wii and 360 to beat them, at least at launch. In two years time Xbox8 could be the hot product or the joke machine. A year advantage would have allowed Microsoft to create their own image.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Normando said:
I bet both launch next year. There was some news recently that MS has said that's the plan for them but it's not news that they've been having some trouble so it might be a "soft" launch like some have been saying.

As for what Sales2099 (pretty much anything I've seen him say actually). I'm pretty new to this site but his kind isn't rare. Sales matter when it suits him and don't when it doesn't. He leaves out information and gives "half truths" just to try and sound right.

Yes, the 360 has sold more lifetime than the PS3. But it's been out and extra year. Every year that the PS3 has been out it has outsold the 360. Even if you align the launches the PS3 has outsold the 360 every year. The ONLY reason the 360 has sold more is its year advantage.

Except last year when MS sold 800k more.

J_Allard, I'm sorry. Since when is 9,826,044 more than 10,672,693?

Finally got quote to work with the help of some very kind members :D

Wow it's amazing that you know the 360 sold exactly that much and PS3 exactly that much. Are you sure PS3 didn't sell 10,672,695?

I am talking about numbers right from Sony and MS. Not sure what numbers you're referencing.

JoeTheBro said:
I can only laugh at people thinking next gen is already decided. Brand loyalty is much weaker than you guys think. Sony was king yet clever marketing and business strategies allowed both the Wii and 360 to beat them, at least at launch. In two years time Xbox8 could be the hot product or the joke machine. A year advantage would have allowed Microsoft to create their own image.

The PS2 never had an online community like Xbox Live that many people have a lot invested in.  The next Xbox is going to be backwards compatible if the rumors are true and we know that it will have a lot of third party support so it's hard to imagine it not attracting current 360 owners.

Legend11 said:
JoeTheBro said:

The PS2 never had an online community like Xbox Live that many people have a lot invested in.  The next Xbox is going to be backwards compatible if the rumors are true and we know that it will have a lot of third party support so it's hard to imagine it not attracting current 360 owners.

Same with the PS2 to PS3, at least before the 360 came out. People think Live will keep people on XBOX but it wont. People buy multiplats on xbox to play with their friends. That's about as strong as their loyalty goes. They won't however buy a worse system especially when their friends aren't already upgraded.

well i think MS could find its self in 3rd place, but the hype for next gen. isn't that high or load so the 8th could be a slow gen.

i could see Sony or ninty winning the 8th gen.