By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Greatest User Tournament 2012 - Nominations

A quick stat for those of you who appreciate that kind of stuff (which should be many of you since this is a sales site):

After tallying up the happydolphin's vote there's 127 different users names

Another interesting fact: Smeags doesn't know how to count to 20 (which is disturbing since he runs the Top 50 Games of 2012 thread).

A sad note, our good friend spurgeonryan has opted out of the competition.

A happy note, morenoingrato will be co-hosting the event with me come January.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

A quick stat for those of you who appreciate that kind of stuff (which should be many of you since this is a sales site):

After tallying up the happydolphin's vote there's 127 different users names

Another interesting fact: Smeags doesn't know how to count to 20 (which is disturbing since he runs the Top 50 Games of 2012 thread).

A sad note, our good friend spurgeonryan has opted out of the competition.

A happy note, morenoingrato will be co-hosting the event with me come January.

New rule. You can only vote for Nintendo posters and hardcore Beatles fans, failure to abide these rules will result in severe punishments!

Anyway, I'm glad I can help you. ^_^

i'm nominating everyone active on the site.

trasharmdsister12 said:
pezus said:
Why do people opt out?

The pressure of the competition, clearly.

I'm actually just happy doing what I do and don't need any justification or credit for what it is I do. I also don't feel what I do warrants any sort of praise or credit. I do it because I enjoy it and that's reward enough. Not to mention, if I'm involved in something I feel I should be wholly involved or not involved at all. Given my time constraints, my involvement in this competition would be half baked. I don't like doing things unless they have my full effort and backing.

Also, let's be honest here. I should clearly not be on the list this year. I was active to a decent extent until the end of March. Since then I don't feel I've made a worthwhile post. Sure, I have a couple of decent threads going but nothing all too note-worthy. I moderate now. Big whoop. I don't think the moderators should get a free lunch.  There are people on this site who just automatically get put up for nomination much like there are games out there that just automatically get high scores/sales due to past prestige. People complain for new IP and new experiences but don't support them as much. I'm dead weight filling up a spot in peoples' nomination lists. Let's give some lesser known but great user who has done well a chance to shine.

There are a good number of notable users who I haven't seen mentioned here at all. Where's Dr. Grass? The guy doesn't feel he should be praised and I understand why but he's capable of being one of the most profound posters on this site when he wants to be. What about rutea? It isn't easy being an active female gamer on boards so heavily male dominated and then still make a splash with your opinions and discussion. And where is Kynes? He practically does half our (moderators) jobs with the way he's constantly vigilant and equal to report poor behavior without bias. He also knows his tech. Mor examples: there's curl, Kresnik, VicViper, Jay520, Troll_Whisperer, and kowenicki (hey, you can hate his Microsoft love/Sony hate appearance all you want but the guy knows how to talk financials). Heck, even lilbroex was more interesting and exciting on the boards than me this year despite being permabanned now. These posters and many more should be getting nominations in droves for what they've done this year.

You are a very respectable Squirtle, Tads. Even if you opted out, you would've deserved the votes.

So, Trucks, if someone in our list opted out, do we have to change it or can we just keep it the same?

Sorry if you answered this already. 

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i'm nominating everyone active on the site.

The rules state that you need atleast 20 people...

NintendoPie said:

So, Trucks, if someone in our list opted out, do we have to change it or can we just keep it the same?

You can change it I you like by making another post saying:

I vote for ______ instead of spurgeonryan.

Signature goes here!

Smeags said:

I nominate Hatmoza!

Other nominations *ahem*
--I deleted some of these to make this not such a huge quote!--
NintendoPie
HappyDolphin
KungKras
VicViper
AxumBlade
TheKingofRedLions
JWeinCon
BasilZero
GanonCrotch
TheProf00
Pezus

But especially Hatmoza. <3

Soo... Being at the bottom of your list makes you better right?... I'll take it. ;)

(Just kidding, I luv ya Smeagsy-poo!)

TruckOSaurus said:
NintendoPie said:

You can change it I you like by making another post saying:

I vote for ______ instead of spurgeonryan.

I know, but is it necessary? I struggled to find 20 people let alone me trying to find another!

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

Soo... Being at the bottom of your list makes you better right?... I'll take it. ;)

(Just kidding, I luv ya Smeagsy-poo!)

That's what I thought!

Well, I of course meant me... Only... Ok, fine you got me.