By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will there be a God of War IV?

Tagged games:

I would think so. I never expected a Halo 4, but since Halo sells so well they made more. God of War also sells well especially in the main series. So I think their will be a God of War 4.

Around the Network
JustThatGamer said:

There will be a God of War IV. There's no way Sony will stop their 2nd biggest, most beloved and most acclaimed franchise. They will find a way to continue the franchise forward and Kratos will not be replaced as the protagonist but he will be very different, with the ending of God of War III it is obvious he won't be the same mentally broken and vengeful demigod, he found the ability to forgive himself, killed everyone who wronged him and sacrificed all of his powers for the sake of humanity. Expect his character to be a more grounded, calmer and a lot more humanistic going forward in the series.  

You are totally right, a more mature less angry Kratos who maybe will find a new family or reason to fight for.

Also, this bitch is still around (kinda):

JustThatGamer said:

There will be a God of War IV. There's no way Sony will stop their 2nd biggest, most beloved and most acclaimed franchise. They will find a way to continue the franchise forward and Kratos will not be replaced as the protagonist but he will be very different, with the ending of God of War III it is obvious he won't be the same mentally broken and vengeful demigod, he found the ability to forgive himself, killed everyone who wronged him and sacrificed all of his powers for the sake of humanity. Expect his character to be a more grounded, calmer and a lot more humanistic going forward in the series.  

God of War IV doesn't have to move into diferent Mythologies as there are beings far more powerful than the Gods were, but if they do I hope it's either Norse or Egyptian Mythology. I prefer Egyptian Mythology myself, as does the fan who created this beautiful art work:

It would be great if ill-informed people stopped saying 'they should create a new IP' because we already know that they are! Stig Asmussen is directing a new IP made internally by Sony Santa Monica http://youtu.be/_JxWVtf-xaA?t=17m54s, not to mention that Sony Santa Monica have helped with so many games this generation that wouldn't have happened without them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Santa_Monica_Studio

We shouldn't be talking about God of War IV for now though, everyone should know that God of War: Ascension is DEFINITELY going to have the best single player campaign in the series, we haven't seen much of it yet but I've done some digging and spoken with the developers on Twitter/ Facebook and some of the voice actors and they've been giving subtle hints and pretty much inadvertently confirmed the informantion I have discovered. I won't say anything because it will ruin the story for you but it is going to be absolutely amazing.

Also God of War: Ascension is going to be the best in the seires because it has the deep and personal story from God of War, has the variation of enviroments and sense of adventure from God of War 2 and the beautiful graphics, scale, cinematography, boss fights and gameplay from God of War 3 all combined into one game and then some with new mechanics, new enemies, new settings, perfected gameplay, the best puzzles, improved platforming and of course the genre defining and innovative multiplayer component that will blow everyone away once they've shown all the modes, maps, how extensive the customisation is and how the MP ties in with the single player story.

I love and completely agree on everything you said. I hope they stay but I too would love egyptian if a new is decided. A new type of Kratos could be really neat.

As for this =>
"Also God of War: Ascension is going to be the best in the seires because it has the deep and personal story from God of War, has the variation of enviroments and sense of adventure from God of War 2 and the beautiful graphics, scale, cinematography, boss fights and gameplay from God of War 3 all combined into one game and then some with new mechanics, new enemies, new settings, perfected gameplay, the best puzzles, improved platforming and of course the genre defining and innovative multiplayer component that will blow everyone away once they've shown all the modes, maps, how extensive the customisation is and how the MP ties in with the single player story."

You just broke my hype meter. I do admit, GoW3 was a little different in its approach. Like you knew the final destination and you had to kill everything in your way. Fuck, im stoked for a more traditional GoW. And I cant argue about the personal story in GoW1, absolutely love it. Probably why I love Uncharted 3 too, for the fact that they explored Drake more. GoW2 did some serious insane shit and the adventure feel was pretty damn awesome. GoW3s bosses are indeed the shit. And if the MP is a homerun -> You are right, we are looking at something delicious!

"I was trying to make you a great warrior..." ,
"You succeeded.."

FUCK MAN IM EXCITED. Thanks man!

There will be a God of War IV (or if not a "IV", further games in the series). While we gamers hate to see a license milked to death, it would be a terrible financial blunder not to continue making a series which is yet to fail to produce a platinum-selling title. Especially when your company is trying to recover from an economic downturn.

Meh, give me a couple of Heavenly Sword games Instead! Its criminal they've done nothing with what is one of my favourite new IP's this gen.

Around the Network
hadlee73 said:
There will be a God of War IV (or if not a "IV", further games in the series). While we gamers hate to see a license milked to death, it would be a terrible financial blunder not to continue making a series which is yet to fail to produce a platinum-selling title. Especially when your company is trying to recover from an economic downturn.

It's not even milked to death though. Theres only been 2 God of War games this gen not including the PSP ones. 

his essence is probably in the blade of olympus

or then again, kratos can split into the four horsemen of the apocalypse

Kratos can just wait for a bit then go killing of the Roman gods.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

as i big fan of god of war and Kratos, i think they should be finished with his story
maybe create a story of someone else in the same world as Kratos, becuase i like the greek mythology setting, but not with kratos,

BUT if they continue to make another game with Kratos, hopefully it wont be bad and ruin the whole franchise for everyone