By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will there be a God of War IV?

Tagged games:

There will be a God of War IV. There's no way Sony will stop their 2nd biggest, most beloved and most acclaimed franchise. They will find a way to continue the franchise forward and Kratos will not be replaced as the protagonist but he will be very different, with the ending of God of War III it is obvious he won't be the same mentally broken and vengeful demigod, he found the ability to forgive himself, killed everyone who wronged him and sacrificed all of his powers for the sake of humanity. Expect his character to be a more grounded, calmer and a lot more humanistic going forward in the series.  

God of War IV doesn't have to move into diferent Mythologies as there are beings far more powerful than the Gods were, but if they do I hope it's either Norse or Egyptian Mythology. I prefer Egyptian Mythology myself, as does the fan who created this beautiful art work:

It would be great if ill-informed people stopped saying 'they should create a new IP' because we already know that they are! Stig Asmussen is directing a new IP made internally by Sony Santa Monica http://youtu.be/_JxWVtf-xaA?t=17m54s, not to mention that Sony Santa Monica have helped with so many games this generation that wouldn't have happened without them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Santa_Monica_Studio

We shouldn't be talking about God of War IV for now though, everyone should know that God of War: Ascension is DEFINITELY going to have the best single player campaign in the series, we haven't seen much of it yet but I've done some digging and spoken with the developers on Twitter/ Facebook and some of the voice actors and they've been giving subtle hints and pretty much inadvertently confirmed the informantion I have discovered. I won't say anything because it will ruin the story for you but it is going to be absolutely amazing.

Also God of War: Ascension is going to be the best in the seires because it has the deep and personal story from God of War, has the variation of enviroments and sense of adventure from God of War 2 and the beautiful graphics, scale, cinematography, boss fights and gameplay from God of War 3 all combined into one game and then some with new mechanics, new enemies, new settings, perfected gameplay, the best puzzles, improved platforming and of course the genre defining and innovative multiplayer component that will blow everyone away once they've shown all the modes, maps, how extensive the customisation is and how the MP ties in with the single player story.

Around the Network

I would love to see a new main hero with a new mythology to tackle! The IP definitely needs to stay around.

riderz13371 said:
Uncharted 4 - PS4
Killzone 4 - PS4
Resistance 4 - PS4 I HAVE MY HOPES PEOPLE =(
God of War 4 - PS4

See all the 4's? That would be a cool launch line up xd

Oddly, there's a lot of #4's they could pull if they wanted to:

Ape Escape 4

Arc the Lad 4*

Colony Wars 4

Forbidden Siren 4

Jak & Daxter 4*

Motorstorm 4

Patapon 4

Ratchet & Clank 4*

Syphon Filter 4*

WipEout 4*

* = because the actual numbered games stopped at 3.

Of course, very few of these are actually likely to happen (apart from the ones you posted, minus Resistance 4 which I think is impossible at this point), and the ones that are likely to happen are not going to be numbered as #4.  UNLESS THAT'S WHAT SONY WANT US TO THINK!!1

JustThatGamer said:

I prefer Egyptian Mythology myself, as does the fan who created this beautiful art work:

That would be absolutely thrilling.  Genuinely.  I would love to see what SSM could do with an Egyptian environment.

Also, that picture is ace!

I hope not, I'd rather see something new or Heavenly Sword 2, or Ideally both. Heavenly Sword actually sold just as good as uncharted 1 during its launch year. Sony never gave the franchise the chance to come into maturity like they did Uncharted :(

Around the Network
JustThatGamer said:

There will be a God of War IV. There's no way Sony will stop their 2nd biggest, most beloved and most acclaimed franchise. They will find a way to continue the franchise forward and Kratos will not be replaced as the protagonist but he will be very different, with the ending of God of War III it is obvious he won't be the same mentally broken and vengeful demigod, he found the ability to forgive himself, killed everyone who wronged him and sacrificed all of his powers for the sake of humanity. Expect his character to be a more grounded, calmer and a lot more humanistic going forward in the series.  

God of War IV doesn't have to move into diferent Mythologies as there are beings far more powerful than the Gods were, but if they do I hope it's either Norse or Egyptian Mythology. I prefer Egyptian Mythology myself, as does the fan who created this beautiful art work:

It would be great if ill-informed people stopped saying 'they should create a new IP' because we already know that they are! Stig Asmussen is directing a new IP made internally by Sony Santa Monica http://youtu.be/_JxWVtf-xaA?t=17m54s, not to mention that Sony Santa Monica have helped with so many games this generation that wouldn't have happened without them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Santa_Monica_Studio

We shouldn't be talking about God of War IV for now though, everyone should know that God of War: Ascension is DEFINITELY going to have the best single player campaign in the series, we haven't seen much of it yet but I've done some digging and spoken with the developers on Twitter/ Facebook and some of the voice actors and they've been giving subtle hints and pretty much inadvertently confirmed the informantion I have discovered. I won't say anything because it will ruin the story for you but it is going to be absolutely amazing.

Also God of War: Ascension is going to be the best in the seires because it has the deep and personal story from God of War, has the variation of envirometns and sense of adventure from God of War 2 and the beautiful graphics, scale, cinematography and gameplay from God of War 3 all combined into one game and then some with new mechanics, new enemies, new settings, perfected gameplay, the best puzzles, improved platforming and ofcourse the genre defing and innovative multiplayer component that will blow everyone away once they've shown all the modes, maps, how extensive the customisation is and how the MP ties in with the single player story.

Daaaamn that fan art is AWESOME

It's Sony's most popular IP in America, there will be more God of War.
In Ascension they introduce some kind of time altering ability for Kratos. HINT HINT.

kitler53 said:
the problem with a franchise is you are stuck into certain preconcieved notions -- Gow will have crates with red orbs that refill life, kratos will have his iconic chains of olympus, familur enemy types, ect.

..i'd like to see SM make another hack 'n slash without GoW in it's name to see what they could do without all the baggage that comes with calling it Gow.

You mean Heavenly Sword 2?? :D

teigaga said:
kitler53 said:
the problem with a franchise is you are stuck into certain preconcieved notions -- Gow will have crates with red orbs that refill life, kratos will have his iconic chains of olympus, familur enemy types, ect.

..i'd like to see SM make another hack 'n slash without GoW in it's name to see what they could do without all the baggage that comes with calling it Gow.

You mean Heavenly Sword 2?? :D

no.

I want them to kill God of War entirely and make something new, Kratos is annoying.