By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can Disney do anything worse to Star Wars than This?

Ouch, I only saw a handful of decent flicks on that list^ The Jerky Boys movie being one of them...lol.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

They'll do fine. They also on marvel who in recent years have come out with a few awesome movies. Stop stressing..... Or whatever it is you guys are doing! Hahaha.

Chandler said:
The holiday special video is blocked in my country. Should I be glad or sad?

Consider yourself lucky for not watching this.

Made me realize something worse than Star Wars Kinect was created. 

Dodece said:
@RorysGamesFree

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_released_by_Touchstone_Pictures

Are you seriously going to tell me that all of these movies are crap.

at most there's 5 on that list that are good, and probably they were the ones they had least control over...or only co-produced by the looks of some...

in general they have an abysmal track record when it comes to making films that I would consider watchable, yet alone good.

ironmanDX said:
They'll do fine. They also on marvel who in recent years have come out with a few awesome movies. Stop stressing..... Or whatever it is you guys are doing! Hahaha.

no wonder the newer X-Men films sucked and that also explains how shockingly bad the Spiderman films are...

Around the Network

The Question is, would they even thought to put this into the kinect game if these weren't made popular?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtjxfmmTt2I

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

They can't possibly do any worse than Lucas did when he hat total control over Episodes I-III. It's not easy to make movies based off of the biggest movie franchise of all time that are not only ball-numbingly boring and dumb, but completely obliterate the story and canon of the franchise beyond repair in the process.

I for one am glad that episodes VII-IX are being made now for three reasons...

1: Lucas no longer has complete control over every aspect of the movies. This point alone should keep the new films from being anywhere near as bad as the prequels were.
2: They're not doing a reboot or remaking the originals, which would have been an easy route to go in light of all the reboots done to major franchises over the past decade as Hollywood continues to run out of ideas and displays a complete lack of creativity.
3: The screenwriter of Toy Story 3 is doing Episode VII, and the screenwriter of Empire and Jedi is coming back for VIII and IX. Plus, Billy Dee Williams, aka Lando is rumored to be returning along with most of the original cast in some form for one or all of the sequels. So far, so good.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

if anything Disney will make it better! the movies weren't that good to begin with! *razes shield*

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

kowenicki said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I honestly don't understand what people have against the Star Wars Kinect dance game.

Are you incapable of letting loose and having a laugh?

As a lifelong fan of Star Wars I think the dance game was funny.

Star Wars is serious business. Humour is not allowed.

Forget the fact that the most recent films are bad beyond belief and that the franchise has already appeared in and on all manor of trashy endorsements and products.

From what I've seen/read so far eps 7-9 will pretty much be lucasfilm productions distributed by Disney ( with a different person in charge of lucasfilm, which would've happened anywaymf)...Lucas had already decided to retire and nominated Kathleen Kennedy as the new head of lucasfilm before the sale had even occurred  so I'm pretty sure the franchise will be in capable hands as long as Lucas ( the goitered fuck) has minimal input on the new trilogy. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage. Seems like lucasfilm has control on who makes ( as in writes,directs, stars in etc) the new trilogy. Still doesn't mean it's gonna be good but ill wager they ain't gonna put tinkerbell in it or anything...as long as lucasfilms make money, Disney will treat em with the same autonomy as Pixar.

Disney have had some decent talent working for em in recent times anyway, like joss whedon and brad bird, so I would have more faith in Disney than lucasfilms...

on topic, that video is far more entertaining than any single scene in rotj!!!!