By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The REAL Problem With Xbox Live (OPINION)

J_Allard said:
The service was never down for 2 weeks, it was up and down for 2 weeks. For many people there was no interruption. Personally I got disconnected a few times playing online and a couple nights it took a few tries to connect to XBL and that was it. For others they could not log on at all. These are things you'd know if you actually used the service. Next time try having some actual experience, it will help you out.

I have used the service, extensively from 2008 to 2010. Mostly Call of Duty MW, MW2, and Halo 3, some Borderlands, some Halo Reach, some Gears of War. Never my own system since I didn't have any money until I graduated but I had a dozen friends with a 360 and played often. I'm an avid gamer and have seen the full evolution of the console, from blades to metro and in between. The new features, how the system operates, and how it handles itself online. While the system operates fast and efficient for online use it is not because of XBL's servers or the subscription plan. It is the system hardware and the software. The servers are a completely seperate issue and I wish the 360 did not restrict so many of its features to its pay service, otherwise I might have ended up with a 360 this gen as a big fan of Halo and most of my friends along with my brother play on 360.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Of course it's software, networking, and engineering. Something MS has tons of experience in from their PC roots and something that will never be easy for Sony to replicate.

Can't say I am surprised to read you have never owned a 360 and the experience you have on Live is what you saw at a friends house LOL. Good day.

I'd just like to add that being forced to pay to play games online is the reason I completely discounted the idea of purchasing an Xbox360.

It's an atrocity to have to pay to use Netflix on your 360 as well. You justify paying for it because you have to justify it. The rest of us see it for what it is - extortion.

J_Allard said:
Of course it's software, networking, and engineering. Something MS has tons of experience in from their PC roots and something that will never be easy for Sony to replicate.

Can't say I am surprised to read you have never owned a 360 and the experience you have on Live is what you saw at a friends house LOL. Good day.

Ah so you agree with me that is has nothing to do with the XBL service but is centered around hardware and software. Let's take a hypothetical to next gen then, that Xbox 3 and PS4 are equal hardware and software wise. What should Microsoft do with XBL? If they do nothing they risk losing market share. Since your perceived superiorty is heavily based on hardware and software and not the differences in service from XBL and PSN is both systems could be on par next gen, what should Microsoft do?

A friend's house? Really? More like a room mate for 3 years and since you attempted to discredit yet again, I lived with my brother for another year on top of that. So, for 4 years I've had in house access to a 360. The reason I never owned a 360 is because of XBL, otherwise I would have bought one a long time ago.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

dsgrue3 said:
I'd just like to add that being forced to pay to play games online is the reason I completely discounted the idea of purchasing an Xbox360.

It's an atrocity to have to pay to use Netflix on your 360 as well. You justify paying for it because you have to justify it. The rest of us see it for what it is - extortion.

I agree that it's stupid that those features require Gold. But no one pays MS an XBL fee just to access the Netflix they are already paying a fee for.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
dsgrue3 said:

I agree that it's stupid that those features require Gold. But no one pays MS an XBL fee just to access the Netflix they are already paying a fee for.

No, instead they are paying a fee to play the games they already paid a fee for.

To use the Xbox Live service, which Netflix doesn't use. Hope you can see the simple difference.

J_Allard said:
To use the Xbox Live service internet, which Netflix doesn't use. Hope you can see the simple non-existent difference.

Fixed.

Guess that's a no, apparently the difference is too complicated for you.

I love Live threads and the lol's they bring from people who don't own a 360 or use the service.

J_Allard said:
Guess that's a no, apparently the difference is too complicated for you.

I love Live threads and the lol's they bring from people who don't own a 360 or use the service.

Ah. The Dunning-Kruger effect at its finest.