By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who were the 116,000 unlucky souls who bought COD: Disclassified?

Vita owners, did you buy COD?

Yes, digitally. 10 3.37%

Yes, bought a physical copy. 34 11.45%

No, but I plan on getting it soon 22 7.41%

Nope, never! 178 59.93%

Maybe when its cheaper 52 17.51%

Total:296
swii26 said:
I think the bigger is issue is that EA didn't want to do cross play and thus released a different version of the game hoping to cash in on more $$

Lol!!

thanks for laugh!  EA, Activision, whats the difference really

Around the Network

COD would sell no matter what. Even if they offended all of humanity in someway, someone will still buy it, I promise you that.

teigaga said:
maverick40 said:
teigaga said:
maverick40 said:
I bought it on release day and i really like it. The single player is crap but the multiplayer is great! I hope we get some DLC too.

Would you rather have just a straight port of black ops 2?

Yes of course!

Right, I've said this from day one! All it needed to be was a port of black ops 2's multiplayer with a few pieces of unique content (and ideally crossplay). not only would it ensure quality (check wii COD ports, they're actually good),  but it would probably be cheaper and quicker to produce. What idiot at Sony thought it would be a good idea to hire nihilstic to produce a game from the ground up in 6 months when the easier alternative was so much more promising? Oh well, I'm over it.

It was activision. Nothing to do with Sony.

teigaga said:

Quite good numbers considering the game got a metacritic score in the 30-40 range. Plus I'd assume digital sales are around 20% on most vita titles, so the actual sales are probably closer to 150k. Did anyone on here actually buy the game?

Who are the 20 Million unlucky and delusional people who did buy every copy+paste CoD over the last years cause they don't know it better aka Battlefield 3?

Some people are such die hard fans they buy everything.
Im pretty sure they could release an empty box with a letter in it "Sorry our copy+paste keys didn't work but thanks for the 70$ - We will maybe buy a new Keyboard".
Probably 15 Million people would still buy it and say "OMG so awesome!Much better than the best graphics ever created with big ass maps created for 64 players"

maverick40 said:
teigaga said:
maverick40 said:
teigaga said:
maverick40 said:
I bought it on release day and i really like it. The single player is crap but the multiplayer is great! I hope we get some DLC too.

Would you rather have just a straight port of black ops 2?

Yes of course!

Right, I've said this from day one! All it needed to be was a port of black ops 2's multiplayer with a few pieces of unique content (and ideally crossplay). not only would it ensure quality (check wii COD ports, they're actually good),  but it would probably be cheaper and quicker to produce. What idiot at Sony thought it would be a good idea to hire nihilstic to produce a game from the ground up in 6 months when the easier alternative was so much more promising? Oh well, I'm over it.

It was activision. Nothing to do with Sony.

This could be the case but I doubt it. Activision rarely if ever publically acknowledged the game and the use of Niilstic as developer points toward sony being responsible for getting the ball rolling, with their recent work on Sony Ips. Activision are normally protective over the franchise so I don't see why they opt for such poor developers but more importantly I also don't see wht they would choose to outsource it a team which was working on a seperate title up until april/may. It would seem obvious that activision would simply produce a Vita port (as they did for every the wii COD) and use one of their dozen or so smaller in house developers. I'd assume Sony wanted a game build ground up for the Vita and so Activision allowed them to handle most of the resourcing as their smaller teams only work on either ports or small OS/wii games. But I may also be 100%wrong, but it just doesn't add up for activision to have produced this when they've had a really good history, even the Nintendo DS cod games were better executed then this.

Around the Network
benji232 said:
swii26 said:
I think the bigger is issue is that EA didn't want to do cross play and thus released a different version of the game hoping to cash in on more $$

Umm, it isn't ea publishing this game... it's Activision.

Yes, It was a simple typing mistake and have already been corrected... but thanks for repeating it

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

I actually LOVED it.
The online was amazing :D

the power of cod sells all products

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
the power of cod sells all products

That power will be dead in 4-5 years. I guarantee it. 

Considering how badly the game keeps on selling, the magic isn't strong enough to win over bad word of mouth. ACIII:L keeps on rocking and is over 400k, while CoD is still below 250k. Wouldn't be that surprised if the ratio grew to almost 3:1 in sales over time.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.