By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [updated]Games lag,freeze,drops fps, slow to load on Super slim ps3

Tagged games:

that is really unfortunate. Hopefully they fix the problem soon

Around the Network

Hope they solve this isssue, since I've decided to pass on Slim and get a Super Slim soon instead. Guess I'm gonna wait a bit and see how this goes. Hope they solve it fast!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

most probably they will fix it in a system update.

Similar thing happened with the last redesign I thought? Was fixed via an update if I am remembering the right thing.

Well it is a console redesign, its cheaper to make, so cheaper in quality so easier to break!

It's like the PSP to the PSP Slim...the original is a little heavier and of high quality, while the Slim feels lighter and cheaper and not in a good way. Sony might want to take some inspiration from Apple products(but then again those are super expensive so maybe not :/)

Anyway from what I've researched this problem is related to the HDD. Maybe Nintendo was smart in not including one with the Wii U?

Around the Network

Lets hope that this can/will be fixed fast with software update and its not a technical issue. Sony wants to make as much money as they can now with this new ps3 super slim. If this is a tech issue, things look grim for them and all the buyers out there (including me) who again will be the victims of it...

I still think it might be a hard drive issue. All Uncharted games use a 2 gig swap space on the drive to cache data (Reason why Uncharted games have that long load at the beginning.) Look around to see if you can get into the recovery menu and rebuild the database or one of them longer options.

have you tried another copy of the game? could be a fucked up disc

dahuman said:
have you tried another copy of the game? could be a fucked up disc

Happens on other games as well, not only UC3. Updated topic.

Im starting to see the harsh reality though its still speculation at this point: I think thats how the new ps3 is performing and its not an actual "problem" ...

Man, this looks bad. Maybe I should get the Slim after all? Do you know if the Slim is still in production?
Still, I'd like them to solve it fast and buy the Super Slim without worrying. Don't know if I should wait or get a Slim... Ehh...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.