By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [updated]Games lag,freeze,drops fps, slow to load on Super slim ps3

Tagged games:

Don't blame the console lol. Either a faulty disk or faulty data.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

As i said before my disc is super clean and free of scratches.... so this isnt the issue.

-Update- : I've deleted all Uc3 data and didnt do any updating on it. The problem persists but it performs better now. Next step is format ps3 HDD. Ill update as i have new info.

golfgt170 said:
As i said before my disc is super clean and free of scratches.... so this isnt the issue.

-Update- : I've deleted all Uc3 data and didnt do any updating on it. The problem persists but it performs better now. Next step is format ps3 HDD. Ill update as i have new info.

Have you also tried a full system scan and also uninstall all the unneccessary preinstalled spamwares?

I believe you can have a problem with your HDD. Uncharted is a game with few loading screens, except for a long loading screen at the beginning of your gameplay session.

Uncharted 3 relies heavily on your HDD. This game basically copies large amount of data to your HDD to create a disk cache for stream resources during gameplay withou loading screens. So a bad/slow hard drive could impact a lot the game's performance. If a format don't solve it, it's better call Sony for a replacement unit.

They should just call this site "SONY BASH.COM" .

Around the Network
jayson1 said:
They should just call this site "SONY BASH.COM" .

I have a problem and im asking here so i get some answers on it. Nothing about bashing / critisizing...

Did u hear me say: I bought a new ps3 it sux / sony is trash?

Maybe some ppl experience what im experiencing and the only think that bugs me, is that its a newly bought system and im a bit frustrated/disappointed. thats all!

Super Slim should perform exactly the same as all the other models.
You have a faulty PS3. It might be the Blu-Ray drive or HDD.

Galaki said:
golfgt170 said:

Have you also tried a full system scan and also uninstall all the unneccessary preinstalled spamwares?

WTF? I swear you say the most random s**t.

I Googled this. It looks it's an issue with the super slim.  There are a lot of other complaints about it.  Google PS3 super slim lag.

That sucks. good luck solving the problem.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash