By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is 360 still experiencing sellouts?

Coca-Cola said:
Microsoft might be coming out with a new bundled Pro and Elite. (maybe Halo - 1, 2, and 3)

That would be a killer SKU. However, I do think they are still making mad money off Halo 3, but that would be a cool pack to snag. I'd get that game pack myself! 

Around the Network

I've seen Arcades everywhere I go but the Elites and Pro systems do sellout in Toronto. This could be because the stores didn't predict the proper demand and didn't order enough or because MS had a really good holiday season and sold pretty well.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

lots of ps3 s no xbox 360 and LOTS of wii's

MS making it's come back chan :p

madskillz said:
Coca-Cola said:
Microsoft might be coming out with a new bundled Pro and Elite. (maybe Halo - 1, 2, and 3)

That would be a killer SKU. However, I do think they are still making mad money off Halo 3, but that would be a cool pack to snag. I'd get that game pack myself! 

What? I thought you had a X360 already?

Around the Network

Calgary Canada...

360 Elites are hard (but not impossible to find)
Premos are available in most large stores...
Arcades anytime you want.

While the Elites are certainly sold out almost everywhere, the Pros are still listed as "In Stock" on Amazon.com

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Some stores are sold out but you can easily find one if you go to another retailer.  It does seem like the Elites are harder to find than the others though.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Rocketpig - as far as I've seen, MS themselves admitted that they had hardware shortages for the Arcade this year. As far as I know, they only produced the typical 10% marketshare that Cores/Arcades have had, but got caught off guard. I think they've stabilized that for now....But for a few weeks, it was pretty bad from what I've heard.

Will love to see what Microsofts Q1 shipment numbers are. Something tells me they'll be alot larger than 2007's Q1, and could be near 2006's Q1.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

rocketpig said:

I don't even think MS is making the Halo console anymore. As far as I know, what we're seeing is leftover stock. Not really a surprise considering the god-awful color they painted the thing.

How many DS Lite packages are there right now? Seven? Ten?

In any case, I don't really see the point of complaining about multiple SKUs, as long as they offer the same functionality (which they do, excepting the Arcade with no BC).

I keep hearing people refer to the Arcade as having no BC (often in comparison with the 40GB PS3).  But I thought the Arcade simply didn't have BC because it lacked a hard drive that could later be added, in effect allowing BC later on.  The 40GB PS3 lacks the hardware for BC, and that hardware cannot be added later on.

Is this incorrect?